• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

celrau

celrau

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Paulzie, finally got the circle+% battery (white), available here. It has charging also but no %.

Paulzie

Paulzie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Paulzie, finally got the circle+% battery (white), available here. It has charging also but no %.

Good work!! I've replaced my stock MiuiSystemUI.apk with your one and am enjoying the CircleMOD style battery icon. I've linked your post above with some installation instructions on the initial post as an optional download. You are welcome to elaborate with more details if you like or even produce a flashable ZIP.

Huawei G300 ICS MIUI V4 2.7.6: fast, smooth, plenty of RAM & themes | Prev: Baidu, Stock+, Tesla, misc JB | Aussie 3G modems

celrau

celrau

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Uploaded flashable zip battery CircleMod zip here for whoever is interested.

One other thing, I was trying to get rid of the clock next to the battery (Miui-GB has that feature in preferences) and I know I must edit an xml file in SystemUI.apk, unfortunately after decompiling the app I get errors when recompiling, was wondering if it's not too much to ask (if you can recompile!) you to do that, I can find out what needs to be edited and which xml file.

Edited by celrau, 05 July 2013 - 02:49 PM.

Paulzie

Paulzie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

One other thing, I was trying to get rid of the clock next to the battery (Miui-GB has that feature in preferences) and I know I must edit an xml file in SystemUI.apk, unfortunately after decompiling the app I get errors when recompiling, was wondering if it's not too much to ask (if you can recompile!) you to do that, I can find out what needs to be edited and which xml file.

Haven't been involved in apk decompiling as yet. If anybody else is then other than the abovementioned mods consider too:

* smoother scrolling mod with the Disable Scrollingcache on framework.jar

* alter the framework so the 2G/3G toggle goes to Settings->Mobile networks->Network type selection as it does in later MIUI releases. This one has toggle going to Settings->Mobile networks.

Huawei G300 ICS MIUI V4 2.7.6: fast, smooth, plenty of RAM & themes | Prev: Baidu, Stock+, Tesla, misc JB | Aussie 3G modems

mr_mufy

mr_mufy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:TICs/Electronics.
    Btt
  • Devices:ZTE - Blade / Huawei G300
Hi.

i have install the R2 with full wipes, but have low network signal, and some times none.

I flash the RIL 960, and no network at all.

What it's the problem here?

Why with this rom i have so low signal network?

Mr_mufy

Paulzie

Paulzie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

The CircleMod has a bug. When you pull down the notification the battery icon reverts back to the stock % style. Seems the apk needs another resources altered as well. Did you want to do a further mod to fix it and release a new circleMod zip?

celrau

celrau

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

The CircleMod has a bug. When you pull down the notification the battery icon reverts back to the stock % style. Seems the apk needs another resources altered as well. Did you want to do a further mod to fix it and release a new circleMod zip?

Yes I noticed that but when the notification goes back up it reverts to circle. I'm not sure which apk does the notification, I will look into it when I get some time.

Paulzie

Paulzie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Yes I noticed that but when the notification goes back up it reverts to circle. I'm not sure which apk does the notification, I will look into it when I get some time.

Probably just needs these changes in MiuiSystemUI.apk->\res\raw as a fix:

* stat_sys_battery_number.png and stat_sys_battery_number_alternative.png to be the same.
* stat_sys_battery_charge.png and stat_sys_battery_charge_alternative.png to be the same.

That's the obvious place where the notification pulldown version of the discharge/charge battery icon would be getting it's icon from.

Edited by Paulzie, 16 July 2013 - 12:12 PM.

celrau

celrau

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Got it, you're right! The fixed version is here.

Paulzie

Paulzie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Got it, you're right! The fixed version is here.

Nearly there. One fixed, one still to go. That is:

* stat_sys_battery_number_alternative.png is fixed now (inverse of stat_sys_battery_charge.png)
* stat_sys_battery_charge_alternative.png is the remaining bug. It needs to be inverse of stat_sys_battery_charge.png.

celrau

celrau

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Try this one. I didn't check it but it should work..

Paulzie

Paulzie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Try this one. I didn't check it but it should work..

That's done the trick, thank you. I've updated the link on the initial post to point to this new version.

mr_mufy

mr_mufy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
    Btt
Does this rom has the bugs of stock rom?

- Lose the ringtones after phone conect to USB storage?
- Lag id call?

Mr_mufy

Paulzie

Paulzie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Does this rom has the bugs of stock rom?

- Lose the ringtones after phone conect to USB storage?
- Lag id call?

Not that I'm aware of. Anybody else?

Request for framework mods

I've sent a PM below to tillaz asking for help to mod the framework to improve this ROM further. Haven't heard back as yet so maybe others using this ROM can seek assistance here as well?

Wondering if there is any chance I could recruit you to do some framework mods for this ROM that I've been working on: http://www.modaco.co...updated-201371/

It's a bit out of my depth to do these. The desirable framework mods being:

* add recovery shutdown menuitem : http://www.modaco.co...eboot-recovery/

* disabling scrollcache: http://www.modaco.co...ther-scrolling/

* fix the callerID lag bug: http://www.modaco.co...id-lag-updated/

* alter the framework so the 2G/3G toggle goes to Settings->Mobile networks->Network type selection as it does in later MIUI releases. This one has toggle going to Settings->Mobile networks

* a nicety: add a Settings->Device->Performance Control section that runs the PerformanceControl standalone binary for OC control.

Happy to provide any components you may need from this ROM if you don't wish to download the whole thing. Also happy to test any suggested changes.

Thanks,
Paulzie

mr_mufy

mr_mufy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
    Btt

Not that I'm aware of. Anybody else?

Request for framework mods

I've sent a PM below to tillaz asking for help to mod the framework to improve this ROM further. Haven't heard back as yet so maybe others using this ROM can seek assistance here as well?

Weel, i will try and see that.

If this rom doesn't have that bugs it's great, because the ICS based stock roms are the best in performance.

If some devoloper pick on the BAIDU rom was a most for us G300 users.

The baidu rom it's based on 4.0.4 and doesn't has the bugs, and it's fast, but can be better.

Mr_mufy

ezdub

ezdub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I know this may seem a bit silly but where is the apps button?

As i don't have all my apps listed on screens I sometimes access not often used apps via the apps button on system applications.

Thanks

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@y4s1nne

As i don't have all my apps listed on screens I sometimes access not often used apps via the apps button on system applications.

Thanks

miui doesnt have an app dawer (afaik), but u can download one in the playstore, just type 'app drawer' in search.

Edited by y4ss1n, 26 July 2013 - 02:09 AM.

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300

Thanks

MIUI's app drawer is on the home screen; try third party launchers from PlayStore.

Paulzie

Paulzie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Weel, i will try and see that.

If this rom doesn't have that bugs it's great, because the ICS based stock roms are the best in performance.

If some devoloper pick on the BAIDU rom was a most for us G300 users.

The baidu rom it's based on 4.0.4 and doesn't has the bugs, and it's fast, but can be better.

While I liked Baidu, it wasn't able to run Huawei apps (FM radio, camera, EMUI, music player) and didn't leave that much free RAM. That's why I wanted a stock-ICS based ROM which is what you get with this MIUI 2.7.6. Plus get all the MIUI themed goodness+apps, ICS performance, plenty of RAM available for user apps and app/mem control.

I run this ROM exclusively after having tested plenty in my sig. My next phone will be an official MIUI V5 (or 6 by then) supported one. eg: http://www.gizchina....he-oppo-find-5/

Thanks

No apps drawer. Apply workaround at http://androidspin.c...r-woes-on-miui/ if need something very similar.

mr_mufy

mr_mufy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
    Btt
Hi.

I now that, but i run away from the stock based roms because of the anoyning bugs.
The most orible it's the lose of ring tones after we plug the USB storage.

even i put my ring tones on the system/media.

Does this rom do that too?

Mr_mufy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users