Alpha, most of the hardware pretends to work. The only known broken module is camera.
Tested only on 512Mb variant (hw_ver=6) for now.
CAUTION: This kernel is compatible with default partition layouts ONLY. If you have a kernel that overrides the partition information from atag then you can test this kernel only when you revert to the default partition layout. The filesystems will become corrupted if you run this kernel with a modified MTD layout on your device. In other words, use Malez recovery to flash the update archive.
- Update archive: acer_a1-kernel-2013-07-13-188.8.131.52-g14efe50-update.zip
- Debug build with logging to UART console (for serial debugging): acer_a1-kernel-2013-07-13-184.108.40.206-g14efe50-update-debug.zip.
- GitHub: android-msm-2.6.35-acer_a1
- It boots
- It sleeps
- 2D Acceleration
- 3D with Acer FroYo adreno libraries (can hang e.g. with Opera Mobile - bug #28)
- 2G/3G internet connection
- Wi-Fi (once - bug #29)
The list of issues I am working on is here.
- Camera - bug #26
You should then see this:
initlogo.png 28.41KB 32 downloads device-2013-07-12-213825.png 22.43KB 9 downloads
All my kernel builds have the following name format: $DEVICE-kernel-$BUILD_DATE-$UTS_RELEASE
$UTS_RELEASE is set to kernel kernel version and last git commit on that branch with -g prefix. E.g. -g716cfff is a commit "716cfff" and you can see the commit here - https://github.com/r.../commit/716cfff.
Feel free to ask questions if you want to build a GB+ ROM based on this kernel.
Edited by errmsg, 13 July 2013 - 06:27 PM.