[Q] Install Flashplayer for Opera w/o upgrading current Flashplayer

Guest dew_veil

Guest dew_veil

Hello,

I own an Orange Intel Inside aka Orange San Diego currently simlocked on the Orange french network. It is not rooted either.

It is still running on 2.3.7 :

version IFWI : 05.32

baseband : SUNRISE_SMB_REV30_V2_B1202_1208.K

kernel : 2.6.35.3+

svnadmin@nataku09 #1

This device has a built-in Orange browser "Navigateur" version 2.3.7 on which Flashplayer is installed, and the Flash version is 10.3.186.3 which is pretty old, even for Gingerbread.

This browser is not really convenient for my usage, so I installed my browser of choice, namely Opera, and now I'd like to have Flash running in Opera.

Right now, Opera doesn't find the Flashplayer 10.3.186.3 plugin (when I visit a page with Flash, I see the "download Flashplayer" logo).

I am unable to locate the Flashplayer plugin with the tools I'm using (Total Commander). I guess it's hidden somewhere in /data/... but as the device is not rooted, I can't see it (maybe).

Ok, so here are my two questions.

1) Is it possible to install ANOTHER Flashplayer version on the device, while keeping the current one in order to keep the built-in browser "as is".

In that case, I could indicate in the Opera:config the path of the new Flashplayer plugin. The question would be: where to put the plugin so it doesn't replace the current one.

2) If it is not possible to have 2 different versions of Flash (one for the built-in browser, one for Opera), which path should I specify in the Opera:config for the current flashplayer plugin?

After intensive searching on the Internet, I tried /data/data/lib/com.adobe.flashplayer , system/data/lib/... but nothing worked and Opera still didn't recognize that Flash was installed.

I would be grateful for any help! The San Diego is after all a "nice" device which feels good in hands. :-)

Have a nice day!

Guest dew_veil

I can't claim to actually know the answers to your questions TBH, but why are you still on GB?

I'm still on Gingerbread because when I got the phone, I came on this forum and read about it... and I seem to recall that it was possible to root it ONLY with Gingerbread. I intend to root it later, so I kept Gingerbread.

Also, installing ICS means losing Flashplayer I think? Or is it with JellyBean?

Anyway, later I would like to root the phone (and maybe install a custom ROM), and I seem to remember that it is only possible with Gingerbread... but things may have changed since then, I would have to re-read everything on Modaco :-)

Thanks! I still hope someone will help with my question :-)

Regards

Guest BlueMoonRising

Don't think we could ever root with GB, only once we had the Xolo ICS rom.

Edit :- without any of the recent patch upgrades BTW. They block root.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest dew_veil

Don't think we could ever root with GB, only once we had the Xolo ICS rom.

Edit :- without any of the recent patch upgrades BTW. They block root.

That's why I didn't do the upgrade proposed to me via "Mobile Update" OTA... I was not sure that after that upgrade, I could still root the phone.

It's kind of a headacky thing to try and root this phone, I shall ask here on MoDaCo later for that ;-)

Right now, I'd just like to have my Opera WITH Flash working, if anybody can help!

Guest i am not a hacker

Opera mini does not support flash. It hasn't ever, and I doubt it will.

A peculiar thing about Opera mini is that his has its own servers or something similar, because on T-Mobile, when I use any other browser, some sites are age-restricted and I am not able to access them, but with Opera mini, none of them are blocked.

Guest dew_veil

Opera mini does not support flash. It hasn't ever, and I doubt it will.

A peculiar thing about Opera mini is that his has its own servers or something similar, because on T-Mobile, when I use any other browser, some sites are age-restricted and I am not able to access them, but with Opera mini, none of them are blocked.

I know about Opera Mini... I forgot to say that I installed Opera Mobile (12.1.4 / Opera Mobile version 12.10.1DR-1301181366) and also Opera Classic (12.1.4 / Opera Mobile version 12.10.ADR-1305251854) .

Both of them do support Flash and installed fine on the OSD... they just don't find the "hidden somewhere" current (and old-ish) Flashplayer plugin.

:-)