• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Reider59

Reider59

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
To me those words don't necessarily mean it/they had a lower version number before. Just to say it's on the most up to date version currently available. ie we reinstalled your software but made it sound like you got something extra.

*** Just remember, any ROM change, Kernel change or any other type of change you do is at your own risk. Someone helping you is not responsible for any risks you decide to take. It works for many but their are situations, events and errors outside of the control of a third party that may cause a bricked phone. Think before you start. I took the chance and thankfully it worked for me. Had it not then only I would have been to blame. ***

diddydavro

diddydavro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, HUDL2, Tab3

To me those words don't necessarily mean it/they had a lower version number before. Just to say it's on the most up to date version currently available. ie we reinstalled your software but made it sound like you got something extra.

I took my G510 back to VF today for the second time; it gets random reboots. The first time they re-installed the same version of ROM that was already installed and said that would cure the problem!! This time they say it's probably the battery?? I had my G300 for 15 months with no problems what-so-ever.

Huawei Ascend G510, Moto G, Nokia Asha 201, Samsung Galaxy Tab3 / 8", Samsung Galaxy Tab3 / 7", Google Chromecast 

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini
Now it's a battery problem? Sounds as if you are being given the run around. I would not accept another repair option on a model this new.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. [Hitchhiker's guide to the gallery: Douglas Adams]

Badinternet.jpg

diddydavro

diddydavro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Now it's a battery problem? Sounds as if you are being given the run around. I would not accept another repair option on a model this new.

I agree. If it's not 'properly' fixed this time, I will push for a replacement.

Huawei Ascend G510, Moto G, Nokia Asha 201, Samsung Galaxy Tab3 / 8", Samsung Galaxy Tab3 / 7", Google Chromecast 

Skip Tracer

Skip Tracer

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7+G300+Moto G
  • Twitter:@3plus5

I agree. If it's not 'properly' fixed this time, I will push for a replacement.

There is a new Sale of Goods law coming out soon that states if a retailer repairs an item and that item needs repairing again while under guarantee regardless if it’s the same fault or not then the customer can have a full refund.

Trouble is I know it’s coming soon but don’t have an exact date of its implication.

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Excellent news. It's about time legislation tightened up on retailers to stop them fobbing off customers.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. [Hitchhiker's guide to the gallery: Douglas Adams]

Badinternet.jpg

diddydavro

diddydavro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
I collected my G510 from the Vodafone shop in Derby today, it having been back for repair for the second time with random re-boots (maybe once a day). The repair note from the repair centre says that the phone "... has been corrected by upgrading the software to the latest manufacturer approved version", which is exactly what they said the first time it went back.

I asked to see the manager and said I had no faith in their repair centre. Without any hesitation he said he would replace it with a new phone. I kept my cool, didn’t have to quote the new Sale of Goods act, and so a good outcome for me.

Edited by diddydavro, 15 July 2013 - 04:48 PM.

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
That is a satisfactory result. I don't think, though, that the new Act would be retrospective.

Badinternet.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users