Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Update / Status on Working Features

Guest joenefloresca

Guest joenefloresca

Ok guys, I've tested Cyanogen Mod 10.1 and as far as I used it. Only the bluetooth that seems not working.

There are other guys saying sim card does not work, wifi does not work, music don't perform well, etc.

Just for the others to see and confirm I'll post the photos showing you that Sim Card, Music, 3G Data, Wifi and others works fine.

Only the bluetooth is the remaining issue.

Please also be informed that I only used CM ROM "Alone" I didn't flashed lewa-baseband and sisco kernel but everything still works fine.

Battery is ok. It drains of course how you use it.

As you can notice, I browse google.com only using 3G / data.

post-1013992-0-69422600-1372092774_thumbpost-1013992-0-89977600-1372092782_thumbpost-1013992-0-03390600-1372092797_thumbpost-1013992-0-25902000-1372092804_thumbpost-1013992-0-74664700-1372092811_thumbpost-1013992-0-32884200-1372092819_thumbpost-1013992-0-29529100-1372092828_thumbpost-1013992-0-18429500-1372092835_thumbpost-1013992-0-39089100-1372092845_thumbpost-1013992-0-87891600-1372092852_thumb

Edited by joenefloresca

Guest joenefloresca

Yes. I can make a call and end it without any issue. And Yes I'm with the European Baseband. Build 173, the one which is uploaded in Huawei's site as general version.

Greetings too :)

weird, tried this again on my y300-0100, first without lewa baseband and then flashed this baseband, and even flashed sisco kernel, but none of these worked, my sim, camera and bluetooth didn't work, i am back to lewa os

Guest joenefloresca

Guys, camera works fine to me. By the way, I haven't tried it on Y300. My device is only G510 - 200 with European Baseband.

Guest vladandrei51

I'm super excited to see that there are people that are interested in developing CM10.1 for this device.

I couldn't find the download link in the 1st post of the rom you used tho...

Edited by vladandrei51

Guest sauron76

I Tried in y300 unfortunatly no sim detected no bluetooth and no camera... The rom in pretty fast.. I hope will be usable for daily use also for y300...

I Tried in y300 unfortunatly no sim detected no bluetooth and no camera... The rom in pretty fast.. I hope will be usable for daily use also for y300...

same to my y300-0100, guess there is a difference between our phones and theirs

Guest totydm

Y300-0100

Only CM10.1 - Sim Work (but can't close call), camera not work, Call registry not work, Wifi working very bad,

CM + sisco - Sim Wok and can close the call, camera not work, call registry not work, wifi work good,

....+Lewa - Nothin work... Only 2g operator and only a call-per-shutdown, wifi very bad, camera bad ecc ecc

After installed the LEWA i've used the official huawai firmware with the dload folder putted into sdcard...now all works fine.

Y300-0100

Only CM10.1 - Sim Work (but can't close call), camera not work, Call registry not work, Wifi working very bad,

CM + sisco - Sim Wok and can close the call, camera not work, call registry not work, wifi work good,

....+Lewa - Nothin work... Only 2g operator and only a call-per-shutdown, wifi very bad, camera bad ecc ecc

After installed the LEWA i've used the official huawai firmware with the dload folder putted into sdcard...now all works fine.

that's what am gonna do

Edited by ako0

:excl: after restoring my twrp backup to the official ROM, i am still unable to hang up calls, can't even answer, i have to restart my phone, any clue ? :unsure:

Edited by ako0

Guest totydm

:excl: after restoring my twrp backup to the official ROM, i am still unable to hang up calls, can't even answer, i have to restart my phone, any clue ? :unsure:

yes but only if you flash the original firmware by dload folder, the phone return brand new....if u have a bootlogo of your PhoneComapny, it must change to the official Ascend logo :D

yes but only if you flash the original firmware by dload folder, the phone return brand new....if u have a bootlogo of your PhoneComapny, it must change to the official Ascend logo :D

where i can find it ?

Edit: found it, thanks

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcxNDI=

Edited by ako0

Guest vladandrei51

No need to flash the stock rom my friend, just flash the EU baseband, I created a zip with both chinese (lewa)(needed for CM) and the european (stock) one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a59s7nr1hlby6b/basebands.zip

The downside to this is that you have to flash the EU baseband everytime you flash a new custom rom but you don't have to flash the stock rom again, hope it helps.

No need to flash the stock rom my friend, just flash the EU baseband, I created a zip with both chinese (lewa)(needed for CM) and the european (stock) one.

https://www.dropbox....b/basebands.zip

thanks dude, i flashed the European baseband and it solved my prob, i still don't wanna flash CM again, i tried twice but didn't work on my phone, i wait for an stable version, i'll give your baseband a try

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kiwijunglist
As you can notice, I browse google.com only using 3G / data.

Your screen shot shows you browsing google using 2G/GSM data (ie EDGE connection, that's what the E stands for, it is not 3G)

Edited by kiwijunglist

Guest shadeMe

Hello!

I was wonder if it would be feasible to use this ROM as a base to port CyanogenMod to the Huawei Ascend G600 (U8950-1). Both the G510 and the G600 use the same chipset and, it would seem, much of the same hardware. Seeing how Huawei has no plans to bring Jelly Bean to my device, it'd seem like this would be my only hope (well, I could try and build AOSP myself but after having had the repo tool thwart my every attempt to pull from the remote repo, I've just about had it).

Thanks in advance.

• 10 months later...
Guest beneschk

Hello!

I was wonder if it would be feasible to use this ROM as a base to port CyanogenMod to the Huawei Ascend G600 (U8950-1). Both the G510 and the G600 use the same chipset and, it would seem, much of the same hardware. Seeing how Huawei has no plans to bring Jelly Bean to my device, it'd seem like this would be my only hope (well, I could try and build AOSP myself but after having had the repo tool thwart my every attempt to pull from the remote repo, I've just about had it).

Thanks in advance.

I have successfully flashed this ROM to the Ascend g600 u8950n-51. There a quite a few problems though. Sim card not working, WIFI and bluetooth not working either. Also does not detect headphone input. I only flashed this yesterday, so I will work on fixing this. Also i came across an IMEI problem when flashing. It completely wiped my IMEI number. This could possibly be a part of the sim problems.