'Runtastic Pedometer Pro' free today only as 'App of the Day'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

The Pro version of Runtastic Pedometer is free today only, via AppTurbo's 'App of the Day'.

Normally priced at 79p, the Pro version is unlocked by downloading the free version of Runtastic Pedometer and entering an unlock code provided in the AppOfTheDay application, a free download from the Google Play Store.

The application replicates the functionality of a dedicated connected pedometer such as a Fitbit. Features include:

• Automatically records all your steps
  • Works anywhere: pants or jacket pocket, hand or arm, in a sports bag or purse
  • Speed calculation
  • Distance (miles or km) covered
  • Step frequency counter and calculation
  • See the last 5 walking activities on your phone
  • Share your fitness activities on social networks like Facebook and Twitter
  • Integrate Runtastic Pedometer activities to your MyFitnessPal account
  • Compatible with the Runtastic fitness site, runtastic.com, where all your data will be managed
  • Users can also save body data: weight and height for an accurate calorie count

I'm going to download the application and give it a go... i'm interested to see if there's a battery life impact and how accurate the recording is compared to a dedicated fitness tracker.

runtasticpedometerbig.png

Click here to view the item

Guest maniac_mouse

Its not very good, it requires an account to even start and whatever email address I tried came up with `email already in use` so I couldnt even get past the splash screen. Quite why a pedometer app needs an online account escapes me, unless they just like harvesting facebook and email addresses. Looking at the play store reviews, it seems it only works with the screen on, and thus burns through the battery. Its pretty inacurate anyway according to the same reviews. Looks like im not missing much tbh.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.