Versions of Jiayu G4

Guest dbaseii

Guest dbaseii

Hi guys

I'm looking at buying a G4 but there seems to be two versions. Basic and advanced.

When looking for one to buy the sellers don't make it obvious which version they are selling.

Any ideas?

Guest RussellS

Yeah, I know what you mean, it is quite confusing. However, if you look at the specs of the two phones as shown on the Etotalk website, the only difference I can see is that the basic has 1gb ram/4gb ROM whereas the advanced version has 2gb ram/32GB ROM.

The G4 basic specs are here

The G4 advanced specs are here

Everything other than the RAM seems to be the same.

Edited by RussellS

Guest dbaseii

While browsing antelife web site when it comes to buying mtk chipset phone they have a disclaimer

"All MTK CHIPS Phones GPS signal strong or weak , depands on the support of local GPS signals."

Guest JetKun

Advanced isn't out yet

Basic is

GPS can be fixed, using custom ROMs or FasterGPS..

Now all I need to know is where I can buy one of these damn buggers reliably grrr

• 5 months later...
Guest KarenArlettePg

Hello, please i need some help, i have a jiayu g4 but i have a problem with the battery it drains too fast even charging it for hours. Anybody knows about a defective app? A bug? Defective batteries?

Guest Maringer

Try an app called Better Battery Stats. This tells you if any rogue apps or processes are causing wakelocks which is the most common reason for high battery drain.

If you're a member of XDA, you can use a free version of the app.