Blue screen and update failed on G510-0200...

Guest chasser

Guest chasser

I was playing with Swapper 2 and it did something to my phone's partitions so now all I have is blue screen when i boot it. I can't enter recovery or fastboot mode. All I can do is try official firmware update with volume+- but all the stock roms I try just fail to update. The Update_log looks like this:

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xd2000000, len_tmp=0x4000

Did I just brick it or there is some way to bring it back to life? The last rom I used was Lunatic Pandora 2.1. I tried every possible stock rom I could find out there and none of them worked.

Guest chasser

My PC recognizes the phone as a Huawei Device but drivers can not be installed so I don't think i can do anything with the partitions.

Guest chasser

I bought it at Vivacom in Bulgaria. I tried all the EU firmwares i found (normal ie, orange, vodafone etc...), also tried stock chineese and singapore version but none of them worked :(. I really don't remember the stock version of the phone but the last rom that was installed was v178 based. I'm not sure if it's possible to flash lower version of stock rom or the chinese MIUI that I tried did something to mess with the phone. Belive me I tried all roms from v168 to v180(cn) but no luck. I'm losing hope here and think to get it back to Vivacom.

Guest ZolaIII

I bought it at Vivacom in Bulgaria. I tried all the EU firmwares i found (normal ie, orange, vodafone etc...), also tried stock chineese and singapore version but none of them worked :(. I really don't remember the stock version of the phone but the last rom that was installed was v178 based. I'm not sure if it's possible to flash lower version of stock rom or the chinese MIUI that I tried did something to mess with the phone. Belive me I tried all roms from v168 to v180(cn) but no luck. I'm losing hope here and think to get it back to Vivacom.

Well did the phone tray to update firmware at least?

What method did you tray to update?

If it did then did you tray original 178b?

Guest chasser

Well it begins the update process but after unpacking it says "update failed". Actually I called a friend of mine and asked him to see the software version of his phone. Then I searched it by G510-200V100R001C00B178 and found exact match at a chinese forum. I'm downloading it and will try it later.

Guest radu_sergiu

did you try the firmware from huawei device site? it is for g510 0200.

Edited by radu_sergiu

Guest chasser

Guys I think I fugured it out :P ... none of the firmwares worked with me because you have to find the exact firmware for yr phone. You can find it in the settings menu -> all about phone. It looks like this:

G510-200V100R001C00B178

Now type that exact code in google and hopefully you'll find the firmware you need. Like I said I found it at a chinese forum (if i spoke chinese probably I would find it myself) :D so google is your friend. My phone is installing right now (hopefully to the end of course). Now after trying all kinds of firmware (including couple versions of MIUI downloaded from a chinese forum) and thinking that i bricked it many times finally I'm begining to think that this phone can always be ressurected from the death :). Thank you all nad I hope this will be helpfull to all that are facing same problems.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest hamidmaster

Hi, I'm from Iran and I have exactly the above problem if there is a possibility of a link to download the Chinese forum, please let me

• 1 month later...
Guest Souldefiler

Guys I think I fugured it out :P ... none of the firmwares worked with me because you have to find the exact firmware for yr phone. You can find it in the settings menu -> all about phone. It looks like this:

Now type that exact code in google and hopefully you'll find the firmware you need. Like I said I found it at a chinese forum (if i spoke chinese probably I would find it myself) :D so google is your friend. My phone is installing right now (hopefully to the end of course). Now after trying all kinds of firmware (including couple versions of MIUI downloaded from a chinese forum) and thinking that i bricked it many times finally I'm begining to think that this phone can always be ressurected from the death :). Thank you all nad I hope this will be helpfull to all that are facing same problems.

Man where did you find that link i need that rom so bad. i have same problem. Pls give me a link if you can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...