Need Help - Huawei G300 Stuck up on Ascend Logo

Guest crisdale

Guest crisdale

Stock rom is an official rom from the manufacturer. Most of them have been made into zips so you can upgrade to the latest roms by flashing them in CWM. The rom I linked to is an official rom, B952, and is the one I use on my G300.

10.1 or 10.2 is the latest version of android called Jelly Bean. You can flash that as well over ICS; check out the G300 sub forum for JB roms: http://www.modaco.co...00-development/

The CM part stands for CyanogenMod. :https://en.wikipedia...iki/CyanogenMod

Hi Rico, Thanks for this, now i understand :D . By the way i haven't tried the stock rom you gave me earlier since i have been busy at work, maybe later tonight i can try that.

Guest crisdale

Erm well he either means a stocked backup rom or he means force update. Either way Ill drop the links in to the box.

But reading it again I think he means a backup of a stocked rom.

Give both of them a whirl worth a shot you never now!

1. Roms both zips and updata.app

http://www.modaco.co...oms-u8815u8818/

2. Flashes the bases for an upgrade or a downgrade .e.g basebands , bootloaders etc etc

http://www.modaco.co...-from-recovery/

Yes sharky thanks i will try every possible way just to fix my beloved g300 :D ...the camera of g300 is way better that the camera of samsung galaxy grand on poor light or during the night.

Guest sharkyo01
You're kidding right? You got that upset after you "Errmmed", me?

In my defence I just pointed out, in a polite manner, that those suggestions had already been tried or are being tried and that's it. And if you think that my two sentences are "Jumping on someone's back" or "scarring members off", then quite frankly that is just an insane over reaction.

Lastly I have also been here since page one, in fact I have been posting on these boards pretty much since this phone came out and I have never had an argument with anyone, even though I myself have been pointed to events and suggestion I have missed in threads, so this is the last thing I will say on this matter and the rest of my comments will be back on topic.

If you look at time of posting it was within a minute of each other I ermed because I couldn't work out if it was a force update or cwm update actually but once again why not keep on jumping on members back. So obvious you seem to think you're better at all this and to be honest I ant going to bother any more. Seems you can do it all... so good luck.

Guest crisdale

Still no luck on fixing my phone. maybe a faulty motherboard? but i already sent my device to Huawei service center and they did not tell me that the motherbaord is faulty..they just don't know how to fix it..Huawei service center had my phone for 1 week and they were unable to fix it :P

Guest Rico_89

Still no luck on fixing my phone. maybe a faulty motherboard? but i already sent my device to Huawei service center and they did not tell me that the motherbaord is faulty..they just don't know how to fix it..Huawei service center had my phone for 1 week and they were unable to fix it :P

That's crazy you have a two year warranty, they should have repaired or replaced your phone. Is there anyway you can send it back to them and demand a replacement? Obviously don't tell them you did anything to it ;) . But you should be entitled to a working phone.

Guest crisdale

That's crazy you have a two year warranty, they should have repaired or replaced your phone. Is there anyway you can send it back to them and demand a replacement? Obviously don't tell them you did anything to it ;) . But you should be entitled to a working phone.

All mobile phones here in the Philippines have only 1 year warranty :P , if you want longer warranty then you will pay extra price. Sad but my warranty already lapsed. Anyway thanks for helping, am gonna fix this someday hahaha :D

• 1 month later...

This is a Fix and i have been searching alot for this.

I don't know if you still have the issue with the Pink bar stopping at like 30%

but from what i found and had the same issue,

Use the Internal SD Storage(2GB) instead of the external sd card with dload but remove the External SD card before updating.

it worked for me.

Edited by xwonic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JulianDoe

hi all. i need your expertise to help me to resuscitate an ascend g 300. i tried to install cyanogen 10.2 but something went wrong. now, after a reboot, i see the huawei logo, the phone vibrates for a second, after that the display turns black and the logo appears again...

any chance to fix it ?

thank you.

Guest sharkyo01

hi all. i need your expertise to help me to resuscitate an ascend g 300. i tried to install cyanogen 10.2 but something went wrong. now, after a reboot, i see the huawei logo, the phone vibrates for a second, after that the display turns black and the logo appears again...

any chance to fix it ?

thank you.

Personally I would start your own new thread. Because we are going to need to ask some questions!

Edited by sharkyo01

any chance to fix it ?

thank you.

I have had his issue before and it's only a boot loop. To fix it:

Remove the battery, put it back in, hold the power and +volume button simultaneously until recovery shows. Then flash another rom.

• 11 months later...
Guest TonyHeng

This is a Fix and i have been searching alot for this.

I don't know if you still have the issue with the Pink bar stopping at like 30%

but from what i found and had the same issue,

Use the Internal SD Storage(2GB) instead of the external sd card with dload but remove the External SD card before updating.

it worked for me.

How do you put the folder in internal Storage ?