Three introduce new 3-2-1 PAYG plan

Guest Zarch1972

Guest Zarch1972

Three have just announced a revamp of their PAYG offering which goes live today.

Dolphins, monkeys and bolt-ons? Somewhere along the way Pay As You Go got pretty complicated. We believe in keeping things simple as well as offering our customers great value for money.

We don’t believe you should have to convert your credit to get the most for your money (not unless you want to anyway!) Neither do we think you should have to pay high base rates just because you choose not to buy an add-on. That’s why we’ve decided to go back to basics and make things as simple as 3-2-1.

We’re very excited to announce that from the 1st July when you top-up with Pay As You Go on Three, you’ll automatically get our mind-blowing new rates of 3p a minute, 2p a text and 1p a Mb of data.

Pretty good huh? All you need to do to take advantage of these amazing rates is to pop along to your nearest Three store or visit our website www.three.co.uk to order your free Pay As You Go SIM and top-up. Existing Pay As You Go customers will switch to the new rates from 1st July too!

From now on when you top-up you won’t need to convert your credit into a 30 day add-on to get the best value and your credit will last until the last penny is spent. So all you need to do is Pay As You Go. It’s as simple as that.

The fundamental change for me is that you are no longer buying 'credit', 'bundles' or 'bolt-ons'. You just have say £10 in credit on your account and it lasts as long as it lasts. So no more monthly limits or quotas.

So what could your £10 get you under the new 3-2-1 pricing structure?

• 1GB Data (1000MB x £0.01)
    or
    • 500 Texts (500 x £0.02)

or

[*]333 minutes (333 x £0.03)

or whatever combo you fancy.

If you are a 'very' low user this could be the package for you or a relative. 200MB, 100 texts and 100 mins would cost you £7.50 in credit, but remember, there are now no time limits to when you use your credit, so that could be over a number of months.

Whilst this new PAYG plan doesn't compare to Three's cheapest 12 month contract offering up 500MB, 5000 texts and 200 mins for £6.90/month, there is the total freedom of no contract, no ties and no commitment that PAYG provides.

Could this new plan be of interest to you?

[Via: Three Blog]

01-Jul-2013_Three-321.jpg

Click here to view the item

Guest The Soup Thief

That's crazy-good - ideal for me as an occasional visitor to the UK.

At least it would be if I didn't have an Ovivo sim already! ;)

Hats off to 3 though. How's their coverage these days? Any less shaky than it used to be?

Guest ezablade

Sounds good to me. At the end of each month I've used about ten minutes out of the 200, never send texts and have some of the data allowance left. No time limit is perfect, and a second SIM sitting with 1Gb on it to drop into the mifi if needed is ideal.

Contract up in October, so looking like 3 payg is the one for me. 3 signal is good where I live so that works nicely. Just need a new phone to go with it.

Guest glassblower

This sounds like an excellent deal. I've been with three since 2006 when the coverage was a bit hit and miss. That's all changed now, in fact I would personally choose them over the once mighty vodafone.

• 1 month later...
Guest DaveSimonH

Shame my phone isn't dual SIM, I've already carried my phone number from Three to Orange this year. After that painful, overly complex experience I'm not in any hurry to have to do that again.

The regulators really need to step in and move that process online. Having to phone up and ask for the transfer code while they beg you to stay on their network for 30 mins is infuriating, especially as I was paying for the call...

Guest masterpfa

I have always wanted to like "3" having purchased their original 3G phone all those years ago. I have liked the idea of their Bundled Data et al

BUT

The one glaring problem I have always had especially when at at home is lack of reception which is is p*** poor where I live

"And for that reason, I'm out"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.