Y300 hangs at Huawei logo on boot-up

Guest glassblower

Guest glassblower

I have a Y300 that hangs at the Huawei logo on boot-up. I'm not sure what's been done to it before I got it but fastboot reports the bootloader is locked so at least the PC recognises it, which may be a starting point for me fixing the issue. It's a second phone and I bought it as non-functioning so I could get to understand android better.

I have tried flashing a couple of official huawei ROMs (b175 & b182) using the dload folder update.app method but without success. When the volume+/volume- button is pressed with power button the phone enters the huawei forced update function and shows a simple pink progress bar (no text) which stops after around 1/3rd progress.

The phone also refuses to boot into stock recovery via the volume+ & power button.

Maybe it needs the bootloader unlock key from huawei before I can move further? I have tried requesting it by email from huawei, but they directed me to ask for it via their bootloader unlock request webpage. That's fine but obviously I can't get the 8 digit product ID from the phone which is required on their webpage. It won't let you submit a request without this 8 digit product ID. The ID must be unique to each phone because the one from my working Y300 isn't accepted by the page.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Guest ZolaIII

It's cold the boot loop... Do you remember the original firmware revision for your phone?

Tray to find it out & download then update...

If you don't know this tell me where you live & what operator it is & I will tray to find you a proper one or just call the operators information line & ask them your self!

Guest glassblower

Thanks. I can only guess that it was running build b176 like the y300 I'm using now. As I said I've tried dload with b175 & 182 but without success. Unable to find b176 anywhere. Phone was sim free, no network lock.

Edited by glassblower

Guest glassblower

Thanks again for your help. I have downloaded and tried b176 that is a Czech Telefonica ROM. That gives the same result as b175 & b182. I will now work through the other ROMs on the list.

Should one of the official huawei ROMs eventually work?

BTW I now have the boot loader unlock key from huawei. I've run the fastboot OEM unlock procedure and fast boot appears to report a successful unlock but when I run fast boot get-bootinfo it reports the phone in a locked state and recovery error message. I have double checked the unlock key with huawei and they confirm it is correct.

Guest ZolaIII

Well tray a 178b it's used in many operators firmware builds including mine...

Eventually you will find your firmware revision...

I advised you to go the easier way...

Guest glassblower

I advised you to go the easier way...

Ta mate. Unfortunately the easier way is not open to me. My mobile provider, 3UK, does not sell or even support the Y300.

Downloading the 178 build shortly - will report back.

Neil

Guest glassblower

Ok i've tried flashing each of the following ROMs b170, b175, b176, b178, b182 without any success.

I'm pressing the vol+/vol- button then the power button. The phone enters forced update mode and a small bar appears in the centre of the screen and progresses along slowly in pink. There is no writing on the screen like unpacking etc... After about three minutes it hangs about a third of the way along and doesn't move any further.

It certainly seems like the phone is well and truly fooked doesn't it.

• 3 months later...
Guest topax31

I have a Y300 that hangs at the Huawei logo on boot-up. I'm not sure what's been done to it before I got it but fastboot reports the bootloader is locked so at least the PC recognises it, which may be a starting point for me fixing the issue. It's a second phone and I bought it as non-functioning so I could get to understand android better.

I have tried flashing a couple of official huawei ROMs (b175 & b182) using the dload folder update.app method but without success. When the volume+/volume- button is pressed with power button the phone enters the huawei forced update function and shows a simple pink progress bar (no text) which stops after around 1/3rd progress.

The phone also refuses to boot into stock recovery via the volume+ & power button.

Maybe it needs the bootloader unlock key from huawei before I can move further? I have tried requesting it by email from huawei, but they directed me to ask for it via their bootloader unlock request webpage. That's fine but obviously I can't get the 8 digit product ID from the phone which is required on their webpage. It won't let you submit a request without this 8 digit product ID. The ID must be unique to each phone because the one from my working Y300 isn't accepted by the page.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

sir i got the same problem on my y300 as like as on you device i also tried to update my y300 but nothings happen.. there still hang up on logo.. please help me sir i love my phone coz my mom give it to me on my birthday.. please email me at [email protected] thank you and i hope you will help me about my problem.. and sorry for my bad english

• 10 months later...
Guest Eekram

I encountered the same problem. I also hung up at logo and can open Recovery. Bad thing I cannot connect my device to PC using Hsuite. Then I laso tried updating it using also the dload folder with the latest Firmware inside but it was also unsuccessful. Pls help me with my device.

Guest nokiaman2002

I have the very same problem. NO fastboot. I turn the phone on, get HUWAEI logo, then blue screen. I have tried fastboot mode - nothing. NO recovery either. I have tried just about every ROM going for the Y300-0100 with no luck. Always fails 1/3 through. I also have no writing saying "firmware update" just the progress bar in the middle. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be pleased. It had stock B194 on before all this and I have tried flashing that too. Same result!

Guest wbrambley

I have the very same problem. NO fastboot. I turn the phone on, get HUWAEI logo, then blue screen. I have tried fastboot mode - nothing. NO recovery either. I have tried just about every ROM going for the Y300-0100 with no luck. Always fails 1/3 through. I also have no writing saying "firmware update" just the progress bar in the middle. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be pleased. It had stock B194 on before all this and I have tried flashing that too. Same result!

Try this one, it's b209.

https://mega.co.nz/#!2FQjELZL!2ddR093S1k6QqoTS_SD-Pjzy5uPwez4JpUgtoMI3WYc

• 3 weeks later...

dude the imei hack method is not working fine i have the exact problem that you are having please dont do anything to your phone and go to the service center for repair if you try other methods your phone will be totally dead like mine please dont try the imei hack anymore :(