Y300 Out of Stock Frustrating!

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

I've been trying to pick up a Y300 to play about with and it's frustrating trying to get a hold of one. I have 5 CarphoneWarehouse stores near me (they seem to be everywhere?!) and not one has any stock of them. At one point online one local store showed stock said buy online so i followed it through and then it said can't reserve online grr! So it said buy instore but my next day off is Thursday and they are showing out of stock in all stores again. Sigh :(

I'm pretty sure there is nothing that comes close at this price point, with Jellybean. Unless someone has suggestions?

Guest ZolaIII

On international markets there isn't anything better for that price, Chinese market is a other thing bat Huawei is getting developers support that other Chinese home company's don't have...

It's a hoot potato right now (Y300)!

Guest Reider59

This is always the problem with a new phone on the market, was the same when I got my SFII nearly 2 years back. What I did this time with the Huawei Y300 was order online for delivery to my house, but could have chosen to pick up at the store as I did with the SFII. I ordered on June 25th and it said they were due out by that day. I missed that one and it then said on the 26th due by the 1st July. I got mine Friday 28th June and they emailed me the day before with the tracking number and on the morning about 3 times to say it was out with the courier. That same day 1 out 5 of our stores showed stock at amber level and I had been checking them daily.

So glad I waited, the phone is just brilliant! I now have it unlocked and rooted, happy with the ROM but looking out for any decent new ones-in no rush though. The only problem is I don't like the way the app drawer has been taken out and no way to alphabetically list the apps. I have though added a Nemus Launcher as I had it on my SFII, so much better for me.

Edited by Reider59

Guest ZolaIII

I posted a market link to the stock 4.1.1 launcher in show trade, Nemus is good bat it's not open source & development is stopped...

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest TangerineTractor

I ordered online last night, out for delivery today. 7.70 a month contract, so my wife can have my g300 and I'll put the SIM in that, cancel her T-Mobile one when it expires.

Guest Frankish

What a joke they had one left went in the back brought it to the till then decided it was reserved by someone in another shop :(

I've just ordered online now so will wait for it to be delivered.

Guest Reider59

Took less than a week ordered online for me. Best just to bite the bullet, at least you know you're getting one then. Hope it turns up soon.....

Guest Frankish

I ordered online last night, out for delivery today. 7.70 a month contract, so my wife can have my g300 and I'll put the SIM in that, cancel her T-Mobile one when it expires.

Did it come today at all? Mine already showing up on the tracking number as arrived at the delivery depot which I guess means it may come tomorrow?

Edit: I guess it did as mine is out with the courier in Hull now!

Edited by Frankish

Guest Reider59

Nice one Frank, I believe they deliver up to 9pm. I used to cycle to Hull but using the Humber Ferry when I was a teen. All the way from Scunthorpe and up Dragonby Mines, Past Winterton, through the sluice gates and up to Barton then down to the ferry. God I miss that so much.....

Guest Frankish

Sounds like a lot of effort I'd rather drive ha ha! Looks like ill miss my parcel if it doesn't come in the next hour or so as I'm going to work. Will leave a note asking them to leave at a neighbours I guess.

Guest TangerineTractor

Arrived 11am yesterday. Requested code straight away, got it 10am today. Rooted, decluttered, happy.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest Frankish

Well mine came today just before I left for work! Seems quite nice definitely unbeatable in the 60 quid price range. Will request boot loader unlock code when I get home. I'm in no rush as its usable as it is. Much better than a G300.