ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@ChrisPNE

Is there any special settings to do in any of the menu for this app, downloaded and tried a maps few times and worked fine locked in about 20secs, left for an hour and lost the gps......

I didn't do anything special, just set the screen to stay on in GPS Status.

I just tried Google Maps walking from the car to the office and I was locked to 11 satellites in less than 10 seconds.

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Is there any special settings to do in any of the menu for this app, downloaded and tried a maps few times and worked fine locked in about 20secs, left for an hour and lost the gps......

I just tried Google Maps walking from the car to the office and I was locked to 11 satellites in less than 10 seconds.

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_
Octa-posting .. :P . I think you broke a record.. But thanks I gotta try GPS status.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:coolpad F1 8297w & redmi note2

got it the first time Chris......lol

Anyway screen on all time in GPS status, left it in the garden for 30 mins with gps status switched on, it found 12 sats but did not lock onto one of them.....

nightmare why some work and others do not

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

ChrisPNE

ChrisPNE

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
Sorry about that guys! Tapatalk spazzed out.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
Got GPS working, but time to own up, had a senior moment forgot to switch data on, so in the garden was getting intermittent Wi-Fi, giving me intermittent GPS.

GPS works to a point, not near as good as the Huawei as I have to go outside to see any sat’s, where the Huawei locks on to several sats within seconds even indoors, which the V5 will not do.

Used “GPS status” and now using “GPS Monitor” (recommended by sandriderman) works similar to GPS status, but it is handy to see the sat’s in the notification bar so you can see how many satellites you are connected too.

In Google maps the Blue indicator arrow is still very erratic but at least it is now working after a fashion….

Edited by bryfly, 06 July 2013 - 05:10 AM.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

Got GPS working, but time to own up, had a senior moment forgot to switch data on, so in the garden was getting intermittent Wi-Fi, giving me intermittent GPS.

GPS works to a point, not near as good as the Huawei as I have to go outside to see any sat’s, where the Huawei locks on to several sats within seconds even indoors, which the V5 will not do.

Used “GPS status” and now using “GPS Monitor” (recommended by sandriderman) works similar to GPS status, but it is handy to see the sat’s in the notification bar so you can see how many satellites you are connected too.

In Google maps the Blue indicator arrow is still very erratic but at least it is now working after a fashion….

My Huawei won't lock onto anything in doors... lol.

aliaird

aliaird

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
It's not the connection that bothers me, I can get that eventually, its the inaccuracy when on the move that makes it next to useless. It's fine on a motorway at 70mph, but then when you get to the town, and you actually need it to be accurate, it thinks you've jumped to a parallel street and tries to re-route you.

It seems worst in Google Navigation, but it still happens to me in Copilot and Sygic.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
Hi guys, since you bought yourselves such a buggy phone :P
I feel a sudden urge to help you with an advice:

To get a correct GPS config file - all you have to do is to install Pimp My Rom from Google Play.
Then find Gps Configuration option and apply it for your Country.
You can remove PimpMyRom later.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png     

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

kieranswhite

kieranswhite

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Acend g300
  • Twitter:@@kieran9969

Hi guys, since you bought yourselves such a buggy phone :P
I feel a sudden urge to help you with an advice:

To get a correct GPS config file - all you have to do is to install Pimp My Rom from Google Play.
Then find Gps Configuration option and apply it for your Country.
You can remove PimpMyRom later.

We have already tried GPS config a number of times. I'm not worried as GPS works over data for me and i use data every day :P

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
Find that the latest ROM update from Vowney, GPS finds and locks onto Sat's a lot quicker than the previous ROM

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts
  • Interests:Space
  • Devices:Moto X
anyone want to try this to improve GPS and network.

Flash in recovery like normal

Attached File  - GPS - .zip   160.82KB   97 downloads

Revert Changes

Attached File  - REVERT - GPS - .zip   160.82KB   31 downloads

blaster99999

blaster99999

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Tech hacking gaming, motor sport , snooker
  • Devices:g300/ v970/vowney v5
Tillaz will give the GPS network update a try, can you do use a favour I used one on your update mods which made about 5 changed , included the crt , full rotation ect , well the update worked but the full rotation mod is very annoying , all it does is allow rotation on lock screen , which means every time you get the phone out of your pocket the screen is rotating about and your waiting to slide to unlock, can you do a flash to remove the lock screen rotation mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users