Three slash the price of their 'unlimited' One Plan

Guest Zarch1972

Guest Zarch1972

Hot on the heels of its recent PAYG change, Three have only gone and slashed the price of their SIM Only "One Plan" as well!

The price has now been reduced from £25/month to just £15 on a 12 month contract.

For your £15/month you'll get:

• 2000 Minutes
  • 5000 Three-to-Three Minutes
  • 5000 Texts
  • All You Can Eat Data (tethering included)

If you don't want to tie yourself to a 12 month contract, then the same can be had for £18 on a month to month plan.

If you get decent Three coverage where you are this could be a right royal bargain with their speedy DC-HSPA network now widely rolled out. Three have also pledged to make 4G available at no extra cost later this year, at which point the pricing becomes incredible value.

Are you tempted to switch networks?

03-Jul-2013_Three-One-Plan.jpg

[Via: Three Store]

View full item

Guest T39andcounting

Very tempted by the 1 month plan when my Orange contract runs out later this month. There aren't any phones I really want to upgrade to at the moment, and my Galaxy Nexus is doing fine!

Guest andybarker

As this includes tethering, could you use the SIM In a MiFi or similar? I tried one of their lower cost mobile SIMs and it refused to work in a MiFi.

Guest sam tyler

I'm on a talk 900 deal with 3, so this deal looks great. especially with the unlimited data part. so I will look in to it. thanks for the heads up.

Guest ChrisPNE
As this includes tethering, could you use the SIM In a MiFi or similar? I tried one of their lower cost mobile SIMs and it refused to work in a MiFi.

I think the terms and conditions state phones only.

Guest T39andcounting

This may be a silly question, but why does anyone use PAYG when there are 1 month contracts? Are there ever any benefits? I assume a 'contract' would always beat PAYG on price. Is it just the flexibility to top up or not when you have the money?

Guest Zarch1972

This may be a silly question, but why does anyone use PAYG when there are 1 month contracts? Are there ever any benefits? I assume a 'contract' would always beat PAYG on price. Is it just the flexibility to top up or not when you have the money?

Do they still do credit checks on 30 day contracts like they do on 12+ month ones? Not sure?

Guest jordanclarke69

I still prefer virgin's unlimited calls, texts and data, rolling 30 day contract for £15, with no fair usage policy.

unless you phone a lot of people already on three, then the two thousand minutes only equates to just over an hour a day.... i talk to my gf more than that on the phone, let alone friends and work calls!

only down side is the lack of 4g in future (and they say no tethering, though i know you can on EE's network).

Guest ezablade

For me, Three's new PAYG deal, with no time limit, is ideal. When I saw that they were removing the "month to use" clause, I checked how much I have used so far this month. In 3 weeks since my last bill, I'd have used less than £2.50 in credit, meaning a £10 top up will last me 3 or 4 months. Makes a contract, for me, ridiculously expensive in comparison.

Guest T39andcounting

For me, Three's new PAYG deal, with no time limit, is ideal. When I saw that they were removing the "month to use" clause, I checked how much I have used so far this month. In 3 weeks since my last bill, I'd have used less than £2.50 in credit, meaning a £10 top up will last me 3 or 4 months. Makes a contract, for me, ridiculously expensive in comparison.

I assume you're not using data then? As soon as you add the kind of data a smartphone uses it seems to negate the saving. And if you need tethering all of the PAYG options seem to prevent this.

Guest AshtonBRSC

@jigjags Is that £12 with tethering included? That's the important bit of the One Plan for me.

With around £60 of quidco/topcashback for a 12 month contact, this would work out at around £10 a month.

Guest ezablade

I assume you're not using data then? As soon as you add the kind of data a smartphone uses it seems to negate the saving. And if you need tethering all of the PAYG options seem to prevent this.

Used to use quite a lot out of the monthly allowance, but, now I work from home a lot, so use wifi, and when out and about I take my Nexus7 and a mifi. I also turn off background data sync, I don't need notifying every 15 minutes that some pointless email has arrived, I can check that at lunchtime or when I get home. Not only does that cut down on the data used, but it saves your battery too. Even if I did use a chunk of data, at 1p per Mb, it's not really a concern, and reading emails and browsing a few websites doesn't use that much.

Guest comicbookguy

know what i'll be doing when my current 12 month sim only contract with 3 ends..... just wish they'd stop letting so much spam thru....

Guest sharkyo01

I am beginning to rethink the whole giffgaff payasgo because the market has got so much more competitive since I last looked.

Guest slimstinator

3 are a nightmare and have the worst customer service record in the UK (Oftcom). I have had four days of torture on the phone to them this week trying to upgrade my wife's phone. Their customer services are an absolute joke. Hopefully next week the new phone will arrive, but considering it has been up and down the country once already who knows what will happen next!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.