Flashing XOLO Update after Installing Orange Patches

Guest ASBharj

Guest ASBharj

Hi. I am on the Orange ROM, and I have installed all of the latest updates, (so root is blocked). Will I be able to just flash the XOLO update without causing any problems. The reason I ask is, in case Orange have prevented us from being able to easily flash the XOLO ROM in the form of updates. Sorry for the nooby question, but any help will be much appreciated ;)

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi. I am on the Orange ROM, and I have installed all of the latest updates, (so root is blocked). Will I be able to just flash the XOLO update without causing any problems. The reason I ask is, in case Orange have prevented us from being able to easily flash the XOLO ROM in the form of updates. Sorry for the nooby question, but any help will be much appreciated ;)

I'm afraid not, Orange(and Xolo) have effectively stopped you with the patches.

Guest Hajiajmal

Hi, I am on XOLO 4.0.4. I am not able to root the device. I tried using AIO. I would like to Flash Orange rom. The reason is because the camera has stopped working. I need to return it back to the Orange. Need help ASAP.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi, I am on XOLO 4.0.4. I am not able to root the device. I tried using AIO. I would like to Flash Orange rom. The reason is because the camera has stopped working. I need to return it back to the Orange. Need help ASAP.

If you've installed any of the OTA patches you're snookered.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Thank you very much. However, is there no way of flashing the XOLO update? What might happen if I do?

This :- http://www.modaco.com/topic/362574-solved-problem-of-screen-flashing-different-colors-after-flashing-updatezip-after-installing-37mb-or-12mb-update-on-xolo-ics-rom/page__st__20#entry2128134

There is a method detailed there for unbricking your phone but you still end up with the patched version which is not rootable. You can briefly root and do a limited amount before having to apply the patch again to get your display back(if I'm understanding it correctly). I've not tried it myself since I have no intention of ever patching.