Acer Liquid E2 Duo - Dual SIM Quad Core for under £180?

Guest Maximus9

Maybe here but on other forums you have more people. For French speaking people acer-club.fr and FrAndroid.fr have active section for this phone and you have some rom over there. Mostly port from other phones. Kernel development is difficult as the sources are difficult to exploit.

Guest gustafo

Have this phone now about 2 months fantastic phone can't fault it for the price, does everything i need to do and it's very responsive, was in chinese when i got it but got that sorted no problem.

Edited by gustafo

Guest Maximus9

I see you can now root easily with superoneclick. Is there any real advantage to rooting this phone?

Yes, you could uninstall some bloatware and increase internal storage space.

On mine, unrooted, I cannot update Chrome anymore as there is no more space. 

Anyone else having this problem? I moved all I could to SD, but you cannot move Chrome, can you... I am starting to refer to this phone in terms like crappy..

ue1w.png

Use esfile explorer, its got a good sd card anslyst utility which allows you to zero in really quickly on file sizes, also good for identifying residual files from removed apps

Guest Maximus9

They aren't, but I still don't have any space issues.

Maybe you rooted and swapped partitions etc ?

Can you please provide more info? 

I will share as much data as possible from mine, maybe you could do the same from your:

I did notice that even though I select install to SD, apps will still go to Internal Storage, anyone else noticed that? I would be surprised this will only happen on mine.

Of course I tried moving them to SD manually. This is how it looks now:

elpe.png

nfrh.png

dqpk.png

pxt0.jpg

Guest Maximus9

Just seems I have more internal memory left (124mb). I guess I just have less installed.

I was hoping for more numbers, but you do realise 124mb is not a lot and the next few updates for the few biggest apps like chrome, google search, facebook, will take more from those 124mb and probably in one month or so you will get the same message as me?

For a 50mb app like chrome, 80mb was not enough for update, probably needs about double the space to unpack.

In the view that shows you have 89mb internal free, mine shows 204mb free. Do you have CleanMaster installed? This seems to be good for helping get as much as possible onto the SD card.

Guest Maximus9

I have OneTapCacheCleaner or something like that, but cleaning cache is not enough.

Anyway, hard to understand Acer decision to put such a low amount of memory.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Guest Maximus9

New update Acer_V370_AV061.RV07RC30_WW_GEN1 123.87MB

Changelog :

- Update Digital Clock Widget (v 2.01.3041)
- Add Google Drive
- Update Swype
- Update modem to version P33
- Remove recording function during call (be careful, you will loose this facility)
- Add preferred install location 
- Update APN list
- Fix issue: when getting out of sleep mode, compass values are wrong until smartphone is moved on horizontal axis
- Fix issue: inaccurate information provided when running GPS applications

Edited by Maximus9