How do i change to a new custom rom

Guest steveuk23

Guest steveuk23

Hi

Ive had my phone on the Infusion rom now since november and its been ok ,

I want to try one of the JB roms now that ive seen on the site but im not sure on how much i have to do again as im already rooted and so on.

When i did it i followed the explained like your 5 tutorial which took me here http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/

Can i just jump to step 7 of this tutorial that says install custom rom ?

As ive already rooted and done the clockwork mod thing,ive tried searching but the search function isnt great

cheers

Guest wozzo

If you have unlocked bootloader, you can just install rom. Try Slim v7 based android 4.2.2. Download rom , put on your SD card, go to clockwork mod,make wipe and install zip from SD card.

Guest astraldemon

Yeah, you don't need to do rooting and cw again, just that final steps with downloading/copying/installing your ROM.

Guest george109

If you get random reboots when you are on 3G, then you should try officially unlocking your bootloader with the tutorial in my signature, as the unlocked bootloader can cause random restarts on 3G.

Guest krishang3

If you are rooted, and you have clockwork mod installed, I assume your boot loader is unlocked.

Continue these steps or follow the ones you are using on the guide.

Select a rom, download its required components such as the ROM itself, download the Google Apps.zip (gapps) provided in the thread, if needed.

Once your following downloads have been finished, transfer both files to your SD card, I recommend you place both files in the root of your SD card, so you don't have to navigate through folders finding the rom, and it'll avoid confusion.

Power off your device and remove your battery for ten or so seconds, re-insert the battery and boot into recovery mode with the following buttons.

Volume Up and Power, hold these buttons simultaneously until you boot into cwm.

I advise you do a backup of your current ROM in case something happens, though this is optional.

Once you have done the following, wipe cache, and factory reset the data.

Proceed to the installation of the ROM by selecting, choose .zip etc etc. Don't choose side load!

Select the ROM first and install it followed by the Google apps (gapps).

Once your installation process has completed, you will be brought back to the menu, continue by selecting reboot.

Your new ROM should boot.

Hope I helped buddy.

Edited by krishang3

Guest steveuk23

Thanks for all the replies it will help loads when doing it when i get chance.

im presuming my bootloader is unlocked as i'm rooted and running the infusion rom and when i was doing that i used the BootloaderG300.ex which i presume did the unlocking?

Guest kyan31

If you are on infusion, its certain that you are already unlocked. Now all you need to do is drop your chosen ROM on your SD card, do the correct wipes, and flash it. This is the standard with every ROM. just flash it, nothing else needs to be done e.g. unlocking the boot loader.

Guest steveuk23

sorry last question,

when you guys are saying about wiping things where are you doing the actual wiping is it through that clockwork program on my laptop when the phones connected.. or

just on the phone itself

thanks again

Guest kyan31
sorry last question,

when you guys are saying about wiping things where are you doing the actual wiping is it through that clockwork program on my laptop when the phones connected.. or

just on the phone itself

thanks again

You do it through clockworkmod. Every ROM on the forum usually has the instructions on the opening post.