Photo

How do you change notification sound to a custom one?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

paholman

paholman

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
I apologise if this has already been answered elsewhere but I can't find a solution.

I have the HTC One which I've not rooted.
I want to use custom notification sounds and not one of the fruit n veg named sounds HTC provide but I can't seem to do it. I've copied my custom sounds to /sdcard/Notifications, /sdcard/Ringtones, /sdcard/Media/audio and rebooted, but none of them show up in the list for "Notifications".

Incidentally, Ringtones is not an issue as there is a "+" button where you can add your custom ringtones, but for notifications, there is nothing.

Has anyone managed to do this?

SaTX78216

SaTX78216

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:LgIncite
Don't know exactly which folder it is, but it's one of them. Try the folders again one by one, after placing the ringtones in the folder, go to settings-apps-all and clear data for HTCmediacacheservice and media storage and reboot. It should work in one of those folders, I been through this, just don't remember which folder it was.

Edited by SaTX78216, 09 July 2013 - 10:03 PM.

mathiias

mathiias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I was able to change them by replacing the .ogg files in /system/media/audio/notifications. That's in the file system root, so I believe you need root access to be able to do it. If there is another way, I haven't found it yet.

Michelle My Belle

Michelle My Belle

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Devices:HTC ONE X
You have to copy the new .wav or.mp3 etc to the actual directories (Notifications) while connected via USB - from your PC. Sounds weird but that's how it is - if you use a file explorer e.g. ES etc, it doesn't work (as you state), they won't show up in Notifications, etc.
I had the same issue - found the resolution on XDA...
Good luck, unless you've solved it now.

MMB.

Edited by Michelle My Belle, 07 August 2013 - 04:11 PM.

paholman

paholman

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Thanks everyone for their replies and I apologise for not responding sooner, as I assumed I'd receive an email notification when my post was responded to

I'll give your suggestions a go and report back

Thanks again

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users