[Stock ROM] CWM Repack - 9th July 2013 - with Google Apps

Guest tillaz

According to the verne official website, these are the following changes (translated with Bing Translator):

Improve content:

1, parameter identifies the camera calibration

2, fine tuning high speaker volume, some people the handset sound is small problem

3 one key system, integrated OTA upgrade, the next upgrade OTA upgrade

4, optimized other BUG

Guest bryfly

Here is a cwm flashable repack of the latest official firmware for the vowney v5 - 9th July 2013

Thanks tillaz, see you have repacked "mobile assistant" as well which is the OTA updater, will this still work as an OTA update, when another update comes out

Gone back to tillaz previous rom, this one kept dropping calls whether inbound or outbound after a few seconds to a minute

Edited by bryfly

Guest tillaz

Thanks tillaz, see you have repacked "mobile assistant" as well which is the OTA updater, will this still work as an OTA update, when another update comes out

i have no idea its just the full stock rom with gapps added, nothing else or anything removed, so the ota should should work if its compatible with cwm.

Guest bryfly

Gone back to tillaz previous rom, this one kept dropping calls whether inbound or outbound after a few seconds to a minute

Has anybody else tried this rom yet and experienced any call dropout problems?

No, but thank you for the info because now I'm not going to try it.

Guest bryfly

Does that mean nobody has tried this ROM after tillaz sterling work or nobody has a similar problem ???

Guest e45cream

Does that mean nobody has tried this ROM after tillaz sterling work or nobody has a similar problem ???

I tried it out last night, but only made a very short call, so can't comment on the dropped calls.

Gps worked quickly after using Faster gps, but I noticed that the non-GPS location features didn't work with any browser, but DID work with the (new) maps app.

Also, the problems I had been having in all other roms with the long press on menu for recent apps seemed to be fixed in this rom. Worked every time. On other roms I have to press on the bottom half of the key, and even then it only works half the time.

Guest Rico_89

I will be trying this but as I just got my phone I want to try a few things first.

Guest e45cream

Gps worked quickly after using Faster gps, but I noticed that the non-GPS location features didn't work with any browser, but DID work with the (new) maps app.

Installed again last night. At first, non-GPS location wasn't working, but once I had reinstalled all my apps and used it for a while I found that now it does work with any browser.

The camera app is different from the previous version, seems to have very few features and crashes all the time.

Guest e45cream

Had 3 reboots this morning on the way to work. Not sure if it's something I installed. Has anyone else had this? Each time, I need to take the battery out to turn on again.

Guest pelelademadera

I try it a since july 9 and works great for me.

I flash via flash tools, then cwm (the guide here)

then super su ( in the guide again)

then uninstall all chinese apps

with go backup I restore my config and all great.

the only bad thing about this rom and all oficial ones are the apn and android first config.

In the modified rom (http://www.modaco.com/topic/363339-rom-vowney-v5-custom-rom-updated-04072013/) all apn and everything autoconfigures at first boot. in the oficial roms not work or I dont know why it dont work.

Guest Lovetz

Thanks. All works fine. No any calldrops or something else bad) But why there are two different camera apps?))

P.S. before flash delete SmsReg.app from \system\ folder and China keyboard - the first application sends SMS without your permissions, the second quite unnecessarily.

Edited by Lovetz

• 4 weeks later...
Guest allanmac

I basically did what @pelelademadera did and the V5 has been working well.

Did anyone dig deeper into the apps folder and figure out what other Chinese .apk's can be removed? There are a few stragglers that can't be removed from Android. Some of the .apk's don't appear to have icons either.

It would be great to make a list of what .apk's can be removed from /system/app.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pelelademadera
I basically did what @pelelademadera did and the V5 has been working well.

Did anyone dig deeper into the apps folder and figure out what other Chinese .apk's can be removed? There are a few stragglers that can't be removed from Android. Some of the .apk's don't appear to have icons either.

It would be great to make a list of what .apk's can be removed from /system/app.

smsreg and chinese I remove, thats the chinese keyboard. The camera app too, I use the default app.

Something more thats sage for remove?

• 1 month later...
Guest pelelademadera

New rom with new baseband in needrom... Flash with flashtools and the same later, cwm, supersu and remove unwanted apps The good: baseband can enable wcdma 1900... But not working for me, only can be checked with mobileuncle, not tested too much, but phone works great....

Edited by pelelademadera

Guest allanmac

I updated to the 10/22 ROM today and it seems to be about the same.

However I've been having problems getting the phone's Caller ID working again. Like last time, I installed the Xposed framework and GravityBox. Not sure if I'm forgetting something.

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by allanmac

Guest allanmac

I'm noticing better charging behavior. I listen to music over a bluetooth headset and despite the V5 being plugged in to a regular ~5 Watt USB port on my workstation (not high power), I would see the battery levels descend to around 50%. Not sure if the battery levels were *really* that low but it was surprising. The V5 would charge to 100% overnight w/the included high-power charger.

With the new ROM the V5 appears to stay fully charged while plugged into the workstation and listening to music over Bluetooth.