B960 to B952

Guest pmcunha89

Guest pmcunha89

Hello everybody!

I have B960 version intalled (official Vodafone PT) and I pretend to install the B952. Vodafone stuff slows my phone..

But I can't do that... Dload Method always result in error. Someone can give me a hand?

Guest Billy323

Force the update by putting the dload on the root of your sd card and then power off, remove battery, replace battery then hold power and volume down until boot process starts

Guest YurikRecords

4.1 Force upgrade

Step 1. A MICRO SD card of 1GB or more should be available. The MICRO SD card made by Sandisk, Kingstone, or Kingmax is recommended.

Step 2. Format the MICRO SD card (This operation is optional).

Step 3. Unzip the package (right click your mouse and select ‘Extract here’).

Step 4. Copy the entire dload folder (with UPDATE.APP in it) to the root directory of the MICRO SD card.

Step 5. Make sure your handset is power off. Insert the MICRO SD card into the handset. Pressing the VOLUME UP key and VOLUME DOWN key, and then press the POWER key to power on the phone and enter the Software Upgrade Mode. ©

Edited by YurikRecords

Guest hvy109

Probably, you have to install it using imei-hack. I had the same problem with a vodafone uk mobile.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/360716-OEMINFO-Hack-Tool-v10-(install-any-update.app)-[20/03/2013]

Be sure that you make the copy of the imei correctly because a mistake at this point would be FATAL (5.img into IMEI-BACKUP).

Once you finish the tutorial, check that the imei is correct by clicking *#06#.

EDIT: Another topic: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/362677-How-to-downgrade-from-B952-to-GB

Edited by hvy109

Isn't flashing a B952 repack through CWM an option? If you're worried about warranty and such, you can always unninstall CWM and unroot the phone after installing the B952.