Help with a Recovery problem please

Guest juniperz

Guest juniperz

I have done lots of unlocking / rooting / flashing of ZTE Blade, Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus, but I have just broken a G510-0100.

My objective was to unlock the bootloader, get root, and remove vodafone UK apps. I would prefer to keep to Stock at the moment as the phone is for my daughter.

I have ended up with a phone that boots into TWRP instead of the stock ROM.

I unlocked the bootloader using the code that came back very quickly from Huawei.

I then managed to flash TWRP badly - it is as if I have got into the boot sequence ahead of System (so it is not the Recovery - I still had Stock recovery)

I have managed to flash CWM as custom recovery so that I could flash the stock ROM in the hope that this would sort out booting, but the only stock ROM I can find at Huawei.com is for the -0200, and that will not work.

I COULD flash a custom ROM, but it doesn't look as though any of them are stable enough to give to my daughter.

I can mount USB in TWRP or CWM, so I can see the internal SD card(s). I have even flashed SU from TWRP.

I can get into Fastboot and issue commends from my laptop (Win7-64).

So I am stuck - I can't flash a Stock ROM, and I can't boot the installed, Stock ROM.

My knowledge of Android is not good enough to sort out the booting. Any tips please? I have a teenage daughter shouting at me :-(

Guest TangerineTractor
I have done lots of unlocking / rooting / flashing of ZTE Blade, Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus, but I have just broken a G510-0100.

My objective was to unlock the bootloader, get root, and remove vodafone UK apps. I would prefer to keep to Stock at the moment as the phone is for my daughter.

I have ended up with a phone that boots into TWRP instead of the stock ROM.

I unlocked the bootloader using the code that came back very quickly from Huawei.

I then managed to flash TWRP badly - it is as if I have got into the boot sequence ahead of System (so it is not the Recovery - I still had Stock recovery)

I have managed to flash CWM as custom recovery so that I could flash the stock ROM in the hope that this would sort out booting, but the only stock ROM I can find at Huawei.com is for the -0200, and that will not work.

I COULD flash a custom ROM, but it doesn't look as though any of them are stable enough to give to my daughter.

I can mount USB in TWRP or CWM, so I can see the internal SD card(s). I have even flashed SU from TWRP.

I can get into Fastboot and issue commends from my laptop (Win7-64).

So I am stuck - I can't flash a Stock ROM, and I can't boot the installed, Stock ROM.

My knowledge of Android is not good enough to sort out the booting. Any tips please? I have a teenage daughter shouting at me :-(

Download the zip for the touch me Rom in the dev forum, stick it on your sd and install it from twrp... it updated my recovery, so should work for you. If you then want stock, there's a b190 twrp backup that you can then restore once you're booting properly.

Guest Costy88031

Search here on modaco after a stock rom and flash the forced . My phone was dead and I found here on modaco a original firmware and now all is good for me . if you found the arhive you will see inside them a text document with instructions for force upgrade

Guest TangerineTractor

I can put the touchme zip on dropbox if you are still struggling and want to try it. I also have the twrp backup of b190 stock. Let me know...

Guest juniperz

Thanks all - looks like G510-0100 V100R001C02B170.rar has worked for me. Took the UPDATE.APP from the 1_SDCARD folder in the rar, put it in the SD Card within a dload folder, started up with all 3 buttons held in and the update worked. :)

rar was from http://www.ulozto.net/x158w7g/g510-0100-v100r001c02b170-rar for anyone else that needs it.

Edited by juniperz