On Screen Buttons

Guest masterpfa

Guest masterpfa

I have always loved the Nexus onscreen buttons, but at times these take up, for my liking, too much screen estate.

Having used Paranoid Android and PIE, I can see the benefits of a full screen BUT I am not too keen on having to resort to PIE for my navigation.

Is there a way to auto hide these buttons so that they only come back into play when the screen is interacted with (similar to the original Auto Hide task at on Windows XP)

post-598501-1373618655105_thumb.jpg

Guest comicbookguy

I'd love this too, sort of an extension of the "descreet" (dimmed dot) buttons.where the bar disappears altogether.

paranoid does give you the option to reduce the height of the button bar too. I did try tablet mode on it for a while, but it doesn't really leave much notification space when you're in portrait most of the time. also Bluetooth output volume was way lower than mcmcr.

Guest comicbookguy

like that a lot. nav bar height reduction and bar hide in one app. its a shame it has to be an overlay and that there are no "per app" settings, but illvtake what I can get!

Guest The Soup Thief

I use it on a tablet my baby daughter plays with - while jabbing at a balloon popping game she kept pushing Home, Menu or Back soft keys. With that app the soft keys disappear when I do a 2 finger clockwise swipe - she's unlikely to do it by accident.

For my own phone, is Paranoid Android and Pie all the way! V quick and saves screen space. Halo hasn't blown me away as it has many others...