Installing CWM - ClockworkMod Recovery

Guest dominuz

Guest dominuz

Hi everybody,

After owning a dozen of android devices, i picked up a Huawei G510 today to play around with. I do have a problem. I rooted the device, went fine, I have superuser now and ROM Control installed. But i just CAN'T get clockworkmod recovery installed. I tried some versions from the ROM manager, but none of them seem to work; i keep going back to the "android system recovery <3e>", with a dead android laying on the floor with a triangle in his stomach :)

I tried to put the device in fastboot (take the battery out - press volume down + power for couple of second) but i can't get into fastboot mode. When i press volume UP + power the device just takes me to the "android system recovery". Not to CWM. I'd love to be able to install custom roms, because i can't seem to do that with the current recovery, it always tells me "rom install aborted" or something similar.

Any ideas? What CWM version should i download? And how do i get it installed if i can't get into fastboot mode? Thanks in advance!

gr

Guest dominuz

You need to get the boot loader unlocked first

http://www.huaweidev...d=toApplyUnlock

http://www.modaco.co...our-bootloader/

Regards

Andrew

Thanks a lot, that's explains lot's of my problems... Now i disabled "fastboot" in the settings menu, and I still don't seem to be able to startup the phone in fastboot-mode? Or is it normal that the "Huawei Ascend" logo is still on the screen when the phone is in fastbootmode? I guess so...

When i plug it in in this state, my computers tell's me it was unable to install the drivers for my device. I've been looking around for the windows 7 (x64) drivers for the Huawei G510-0100 but I can't find them anywhere. The only file on huawei's official website is a stock rom file, no drivers... Any idea?

Guest dominuz

I guess I fixed the drivers problem, was so stupid NOT to look into my phone itself for the drivers. They seem to have installed fine. So now it's just a waiting game for an unlocking code?

Guest Andymac1969

I guess I fixed the drivers problem, was so stupid NOT to look into my phone itself for the drivers. They seem to have installed fine. So now it's just a waiting game for an unlocking code?

They are pretty quick at responding

Andrew

Guest dominuz

Thanks in advance, i'll get back to this thread as soon as i get stuck again. Planning on writing an in dept tutorial when i get this sorted out. Hurray for the internet community!

Guest Andymac1969

But just to be clear; it's impossible to install CWM without an unlocked bootloader? Pretty nooby in this, my apologies.

As far as my understanding is concerned, you cannot alter the boot loader until it is unlocked

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dominuz

So, I finally got the bootloader unlocked, received my unlockcode from Huawei today. So far so good. But now TWRP is installed and the touch is not working in the recovery, all i can do is a battery pull to reboot the device. How do I install a working recovery from this state? CWM if that's possible...

Guest TangerineTractor

So, I finally got the bootloader unlocked, received my unlockcode from Huawei today. So far so good. But now TWRP is installed and the touch is not working in the recovery, all i can do is a battery pull to reboot the device. How do I install a working recovery from this state? CWM if that's possible...

Which phone?

The Y300 doesn't have a CWM... and teh default TWRP touch doesn't work. I flashed LEWA recovery, which is a Custom TWRP and it worked, and then have a backup of a TWRP that I restored from LEWA.