5 replies to this topic

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Hello all, I'm looking for a simple app that automatically clears a selected list of running apps and cache processes so as to keep my phone running smooth all the time. Doing it manually a few times a day gets boring, fast so I want something automated. Now I'm on GB and don't intend to go back to ICS and JB like I previously was, so I need something compatible with it since Greenify isn't an option. I reckon there might be more than a few apps out there, but I really have no clue as to what I should get, so could use some pointers. Thanks!

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
You could try Llama, its a "Location aware mobile application", and if you are rooted then you can set it to kill apps at certain times. Download it from the play store, as I think it works on GB

Edited by george109, 16 July 2013 - 03:18 PM.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W
I thought that the general rule of thumb was that running task/app killers on android was a bad idea?

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
It is, but personally I find that memory intensive apps like candy crush are a lot less laggy when non-vital things like Email and Dashclock are killed, as more memory is available for the phone to use.

Edited by george109, 17 July 2013 - 09:09 PM.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W
OK - thanks.

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Well it's an insane battery drain. The apps did their job, but all the ones I've tried ended up cutting the lifetime of the battery in half. An ideal solution would be greenify and the ability to hibernate apps, but that's not supported in GB... damn :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users