MoDaCo.SWITCH for the HTC One Beta signup

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Following on from my demo video, the MoDaCo.SWITCH ROM for the HTC One is nearly ready for Beta testing! If you would like to be a tester, you can now register your interest.

I'll be picking a number of people of varying abilities and devices, please answer honestly so we can get some good testing going on! :)

Complete this form to join the list. :)

Click here to view the item

Guest craig0r

While I would never ditch the Sense-based OS for vanilla Android, I'm excited about the prospect of being able to switch back and forth, to be able to do benchmarks between the two OS versions with the exact same dataset installed, and to generally choose which version suits my current needs. (Y)

Guest Brembo109

Hey Paul, this is very nice and on garanty the first thing to try when it´s ready :-). But are you beware of the fact, that you showed yout twitter login informations in the Video? Or did i miss a point?

Guest mack_

Hey Paul, this is very nice and on garanty the first thing to try when it´s ready :-). But are you beware of the fact, that you showed yout twitter login informations in the Video? Or did i miss a point?

he changed his password after that

Guest mikemyers

I'm new to all of this. I've owned a Samsung Galaxy Nexus for the past year, and bought an HTC One Google Edition a couple of weeks ago, because I enjoy "stock" Android. Unfortunately, the phone they sent me had issues, so it will be on its way back to Google, and I've ordered an HTC One Developer Edition.

I very much enjoy what I saw in the video here. It's a great way to have both operating systems available, as desired. I hope that when Switch becomes available, it will be the type of thing that an "ordinary person" following instructions will be able to install.

Right now, I'm feeling a bit frustrated. Since I use T-Mobile, their HTC One is the only one with all the radios built-in to access T-Mobile. Maybe this will change over time, as LTE spreads across their network, along with the refarming of other frequencies. The Google Edition seemed like a better choice, and the Developer Edition seems like the best choice, but I don't know enough to really understand how I'll ever get my phone set up like the Switch video shows.

If I had a wish-list, it would be that the Switch function could allow the user to select between many different ROM's, stock HTC, stock Android, and the various others that I've been reading about.

I just signed up for your list of people who would like to try this out, but unless you want feedback from "beginners", I'm not sure how much help I might be. I used to trouble-shoot software that was going to be released for sale, but this world of ROM's is completely new to me.

Guest mikemyers

I'm new to all of this. I've owned a Samsung Galaxy Nexus for the past year, and bought an HTC One Google Edition a couple of weeks ago, because I enjoy "stock" Android. Unfortunately, the phone they sent me had issues, so it will be on its way back to Google, and I've ordered an HTC One Developer Edition.

I very much enjoy what I saw in the video here. It's a great way to have both operating systems available, as desired. I hope that when Switch becomes available, it will be the type of thing that an "ordinary person" following instructions will be able to install.

Right now, I'm feeling a bit frustrated. Since I use T-Mobile, their HTC One is the only one with all the radios built-in to access T-Mobile. Maybe this will change over time, as LTE spreads across their network, along with the refarming of other frequencies, and the "missing" radios won't remain an issue. Ignoring that problem, the Google Edition seemed like a better choice, and the Developer Edition seems like the best choice, but I don't know enough to really understand how I'll ever get my phone set up like the Switch video shows.

If I had a wish-list, it would be that the Switch function could allow the user to select between many different ROM's, stock HTC, stock Android, and the various others that I've been reading about.

I just signed up for your list of people who would like to try this out, but unless you want feedback from "beginners", I'm not sure how much help I might be. I used to trouble-shoot software that was going to be released for sale, but this world of ROM's is completely new to me.

Guest inthenite42

Super excited and hope I get selected. I've got pretty good Android skills as far as flashing and what not goes but I'm sure this might be a little different so I'm excited.

Also, if I were to be selected, would I be allowed to do a video review on YouTube for my channel for promotion of this idea of switching ROMs? Or do you want to keep it lowkey till official release?

Upgraded to Ad Free. Hope to be on this site a lot more so figured I might as well go ahead.

OK that's my spiel. And if I don't get selected, keep up the awesome work!

Guest RichieL1

Hello Paul, most of us know the virtues of stock 4.2.2 and Sense 5 but I am particularly initerested in the switch device itself and the seamless integration of the two Roms (with switch itself) & data integrity whilst using the MoDaCo SWITCH.. Very good work, beta testing i have signed up for. Look forward to hearing from you. Richard Levett (RichieL1) from the UK

Guest inthenite42

Oh, and I should have added this question. Promise it's the last and I'm done! How many people will be selected for Beta? Or is it just going to vary depending on how many responses you receive?

Guest DistortedLoop

I'm very happy with the Sense version of the phone (Nova Launcher on top of it), but will be interested in testing out the GPE version using Paul's switch method.

Right now, I'm feeling a bit frustrated. Since I use T-Mobile, their HTC One is the only one with all the radios built-in to access T-Mobile. Maybe this will change over time, as LTE spreads across their network, along with the refarming of other frequencies. The Google Edition seemed like a better choice, and the Developer Edition seems like the best choice, but I don't know enough to really understand how I'll ever get my phone set up like the Switch video shows.

Why are you frustrated? If you're on T-Mobile US, you should buy the T-Mobile version of the phone, end of story.

It's the only penta band version of the phone and that means it will work with LTE on both T-Mo and ATT, as well as T-Mo's ultra fast dual channel HSPA+.

I bought for cash from T-Mobile, saved $20+ compared to HTC dev and play editions. I paid $3 on eBay for an unlock code, then did S-Off, and super cid hacks. Now the phone is any version I want on any network, with full network support.

The only reason not to go that route for a T-Mobile user or network switcher is if you just have to have a 64gb model.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.