1799 replies to this topic

IcOpRo

IcOpRo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:AT&T HTC One
  • Twitter:@Ar15fonsi
Anyone else getting this on Sense, I just noticed this. The lockscreen does not have the shortcuts enabled on the bottom (you know like phone, text, web) and If i go the the options in settings where I select the look of my screen it does show the shortcurs, If I select the lockscreen with the photo album it just shows a black screen with unlock widget.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks

jawonder

jawonder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Becoming an Android Developer
  • Devices:Dev HTC One(AT&T)
  • Twitter:@jawonder

Also, wifi doesn't seem to be working for me in sense

I've had this problem in the beginning and to fix it i made sure i flashed a 2.24 rom then do a regular wipe in TWRP, i.e don't wipe system then flash beta 1 reboot sign into sense then boot back to recovery and flash beta 8 . Have no problem since.

Edited by jawonder, 22 July 2013 - 11:35 PM.

Android Lover Forever

ste1164

ste1164

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Phones & biomed related things :)
  • Devices:HTC One
  • Twitter:@ste1164
Thank you for the exclusion tip! Worked like a charm :)

androidgooroo

androidgooroo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I installed the ROM without any hitches whatsoever. As was mentioned, it took probably 5 minutes or so to first boot up into Sense. Switching is working flawless as well. I havent gotten far into testing everything yet. I had a question however. I had been running Android Revolution HD 12.1 and had the teaMSeven performance kernel installed for overclocking. Will this kernel work with this ROM? I don't want to flash it and break my install but I can try it if noone else knows for sure

sapplegater

sapplegater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey Paul,

I have just installed the beta 1 and then flashed the beta 8 on top and the switching ROM's is not working for me I have tried running the two CMDs you post back at the very beginning and neither ones are working any help?

Nevermind got it working flash the stock RUU wiped the phone flashed the ROM again and all is well :)

Edited by sapplegater, 23 July 2013 - 03:20 AM.

androidgooroo

androidgooroo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I went ahead and installed teaMSeven 2.1.5 performance kernel. modaco switch is still working properly =) i had to install the kernel twice, once for each (sense as primary ROM) then Google Edition as primary ROM. gonna start testing thoroughly

Edited by androidgooroo, 23 July 2013 - 12:33 AM.

mobilelingual

mobilelingual

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Z, HTC One, GS4
Hey Paul,

Great work sir. Had a little difficulty switching in Beta 1 but that was fixed after disabling fast boot. Everything fine with Beta 3 and just flashed Beta 8 and have the missing home button actions in GPE. Read through the previous posts for the ADB command to fix but not sure which one to use. Not overly concerned about it, figure it will be fixed soon enough. Keep up the great work.

androidgooroo

androidgooroo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ran some benchmarks in each ROM. antutu benchmark gave me 25900 OC'd to 1836mhz. Google Edition gave me a score of 25800 OC'd to 1836. Benchmarks are looking good with both ROMs so far!

androidgooroo

androidgooroo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
OK, on switch it didnt keep the performance kernel. no biggie. still testing the features of the device. WIFI and hotspot functionality has been working fine thus far

EDIT *WIFI is actually not functioning on the Sense ROM at the moment. It shows "turning on" but it does not activate

Edited by androidgooroo, 23 July 2013 - 01:22 AM.

meegulls

meegulls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok so after flashing the rom I signed into the HTC account and it says I have no backup and I cant proceed. Signing into Facebook does nothing. Im stuck at the setup process and I can't do anything.

EDIT: I got past it, thanks.

Edited by meegulls, 23 July 2013 - 03:44 AM.

mathiias

mathiias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for the invite!

I unfortunately was not able to install until this evening (even though I downloaded everything yesterday).

I wiped EVERYTHING on my phone, then flashed via TWRP's ADB Sideload, with no issues. I must have SWITCHed like a dozen times in a row just because it's too cool. The only issue I've had was with the widgets, but now that I've read this entire thread, I see that it should be fixed with the Beta 8 that I'm about to flash.

If anyone gets it all worked out, I would like to flash faux's 004 kernel, compatible with both the GpE and 4.2.2 Sense. I love the logo2menu feature, as well as his many other customizations (I like to run with a slight overclock and slight undervolt).

This is great work, brings back memories of running Boot Manager on Gingerbread.

inthenite42

inthenite42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:HTC One - TMobile
First full day and everything is looking good. Quick thing about naming the betas.

I know. I'm getting annoying. Last suggestion about naming I promise!

Could we maybe use a x.x naming system? Seems some betas have very small tweaks unworthy of a full new beta release. I feel we should use a better system so we don't wind up with a beta 20.

But I know. Obviously not that important. Just my two cents :)

mathiias

mathiias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Flashed Beta8 and the widgets are now sticking. Excellent work, and thank you again for letting me be involved.

Could we maybe use a x.x naming system? Seems some betas have very small tweaks unworthy of a full new beta release. I feel we should use a better system so we don't wind up with a beta 20.

Maybe you'll get lucky and we'll get all the way up to 42.

radzuky

radzuky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile HTC One
  • Twitter:@radzuky
How about adding the Switch option to the options when you hold the power button? The rom is nice with little hiccups here and there. Overall very usable daily driver. Thanks

inthenite42

inthenite42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:HTC One - TMobile

Maybe you'll get lucky and we'll get all the way up to 42.

I would be flattered!

How about adding the Switch option to the options when you hold the power button? The rom is nice with little hiccups here and there. Overall very usable daily driver. Thanks

He already talked about this. Planned for a future beta/release, but not on the front burner. :)

descenpet

descenpet

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
installed it today and tested for few hours while setting it up.
tried using some xposed modules too. they works fine and survived through reboots but app_process doesn't survive a switch.
install/update after switching and a soft reboot will make it work again.

meegulls

meegulls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
After deselecting fastboot and switching to gpe for the first time it went straight to the HTC splash screen and stayed there forever. I turned it off and it went back to the same splash screen over and over. Stuck now.

billlavin

billlavin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC One, Nexus 7
Wow! Up and running with no issues at all, how awesome it is to have both, the best of both worlds!!!! Thanks so much Paul.

Scuddstser

Scuddstser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the invite. Coming from Android Revolution custom ROM on S-On. I installed with no issues Beta 1, Beta 8, S-On zip and Root options. All installed with no issues. However Sense works perfect but GPE does not. I have the issues stated in forum already with Home Buttons not working and no notifications or settings options on notification bar. I will try the fix stated and report back.

Also I am using Clockwork Touch Recovery. I do know that every single boot regardless of going to GPE or Sense that it automatically boots to Clockwork Touch recovery and I must install untrusted zip to advance. If I say no to that option, I am taken back to recovery menu. Once I choose install untrusted zip file, it will boot to whichever I chose earlier after choosing to "fix the recovery" or not.

I'll try the fix stated on forum and see what happens.

Awesome job! I have always been a fan of stock google but I think now that Sense does make the phone. :) But nice to not have to choose!

Edited by Scuddstser, 23 July 2013 - 06:14 AM.

Lennyuk

Lennyuk

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Devices:HTC One, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@Lennyuk

Anyone else getting this on Sense, I just noticed this. The lockscreen does not have the shortcuts enabled on the bottom (you know like phone, text, web) and If i go the the options in settings where I select the look of my screen it does show the shortcurs, If I select the lockscreen with the photo album it just shows a black screen with unlock widget.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks

It takes the icons from the dock of the stock sense launcher, do you have icons in the dock there?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users