Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lennyuk
I think I get it......SoI just need to get my phone S-off, and download TWRP to have a custom Recovery?

You don't need s-off to flash a custom recovery you just need to have an unlocked bootloader.

Guest PaulOBrien

Working good so far.

Any plans to make the camera's available in both ROMS? I know that they will both work in both ROMS?

I will be looking at a 'best of both' ROM when Switch is finished.

P

Guest NeidRider

Talking of ideas:

Are you planning on offering some sort of kitchen?

I imagine it would be fun to be able to get flashable zips (e.g. kernels) and individual apks packed into a custom-cooked Switch-ROM. Sort of: "add zips to be applied to Sense", "add apks to be added to GPE" etc.

Guest Lennyuk

Talking of ideas:

Are you planning on offering some sort of kitchen?

I imagine it would be fun to be able to get flashable zips (e.g. kernels) and individual apks packed into a custom-cooked Switch-ROM. Sort of: "add zips to be applied to Sense", "add apks to be added to GPE" etc.

I can confirm nor deny that Paul is or is not planning on releasing a kitchen ;-)

#lawyer'd

Guest WilliamLai

Sorry to Paul and friends who answered my questions.I gave up because I don't want to break my warranty.I'll keep following this website.Thank you!!!

Guest Tomasz Drozdzal

Hello everybody,

Thanks for inviting me Paul.

I've followed the guide and it didnt seem to work.

Exact steps taken:

- stock 4.2.2 orange firmware S-ON

- unlock bootloader with htcdev

- flash twrp

- copy v1, v8, and super su to sdcard

- boot twrp, flash v1,

- reboot to sense, 'optimising apps' dialog, (no shortcut icons on lockscreen). tried to switch to gpe, it didnt work - booted to sense, 'optimising' apps for a second time along the way

- flash v8, again tried to go gpe - no joy :(

I've figured that something is wrong so I've started to read the guide again xD

- disable fast boot on sense rom

- couple of reboots

- twrp, flash v1, v8, flash supersu package

- reboot sense, disable fast boot - tried switch - didnt work.

NOW:

At first boot wifi worked but there was no shortcuts on lockscreen, google now via home button didnt work. After reboot wifi stopped working.

After that I rebooted with /data/SWITCH/reboot -> shortcuts on lockscreen, home button and wifi works.

Still cant switch to gpe.

post-1020278-0-64687900-1374665852_thumb

Guest Lennyuk

Hello everybody,

Thanks for inviting me Paul.

I've followed the guide and it didnt seem to work.

Exact steps taken:

- stock 4.2.2 orange firmware S-ON

- unlock bootloader with htcdev

- flash twrp

- copy v1, v8, and super su to sdcard

- boot twrp, flash v1,

- reboot to sense, 'optimising apps' dialog, (no shortcut icons on lockscreen). tried to switch to gpe, it didnt work - booted to sense, 'optimising' apps for a second time along the way

- flash v8, again tried to go gpe - no joy :(

I've figured that something is wrong so I've started to read the guide again xD

- disable fast boot on sense rom

- couple of reboots

- twrp, flash v1, v8, flash supersu package

- reboot sense, disable fast boot - tried switch - didnt work.

NOW:

At first boot wifi worked but there was no shortcuts on lockscreen, google now via home button didnt work. After reboot wifi stopped working.

After that I rebooted with /data/SWITCH/reboot -> shortcuts on lockscreen, home button and wifi works.

Still cant switch to gpe.

You are s-on you need to flash the s-on zip as well

So beta 1, beta 8, s-on and then if you want flash the root package.

Guest kensington133

I have successfully flashed switch to my HTC one but i am have 2 issues:

1 - I keep getting the error popup "Ufortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped working"

and

2 - Another error popup saying "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped"

This occurs every 5 - 10 seconds or when i open the messaging app, and i am unable to do anything till i press ok.

Any sugggestions?

Thanks

Edit: Forgot to mention this is on the Google Rom, testing the Sense Rom now

Edited by kensington133

Guest ne0ne

Paul,

Is it normal for it to boot into TWRP And flash flip.zip everyone it switches?

Also Can I flash a custom kernel as usual? It utilizes an aroma installer to select options.

Thanks I'm loving it so far.

Guest Lennyuk

1 - I keep getting the error popup "Ufortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped working"

and

This occurs every 5 - 10 seconds or when i open the messaging app, and i am unable to do anything till i press ok.

Any sugggestions?

Thanks

Regarding messaging - have you attempted to restore any data or apps? Restoring sms's usually causes errors like this - Try to clear data for the messaging apps on both sense and gpe see if that helps.

What exactly are you doing when it gives you the com.android.phone crash?

Guest Lennyuk

Paul,

Is it normal for it to boot into TWRP And flash flip.zip everyone it switches?

Also Can I flash a custom kernel as usual? It utilizes an aroma installer to select options.

Thanks I'm loving it so far.

If you are s-on then yes this is how it boots into the second rom.

As for kernels, no you cannot flash like normal, earlier in this thread there are instructions to use custom kernels, but beware not all custom kernels will allow for SWITCH to work.

For the purposes of this beta it is best just to use the rom as it comes and report any problems you find, if you start messing with files then any bugs you report will not really help in the development of SWITCH.

Guest siaoz85

Thanks Paul for the invite. Seriously cant wait for the download to finish. Will test and feedback. The HTC One is my tinkering phone!

Guest PaulOBrien

and

Any sugggestions?

Thanks

I'm guessing you did a Sense data restore while in Google mode or something similar?

P

Guest ne0ne

If you are s-on then yes this is how it boots into the second rom.

As for kernels, no you cannot flash like normal, earlier in this thread there are instructions to use custom kernels, but beware not all custom kernels will allow for SWITCH to work.

For the purposes of this beta it is best just to use the rom as it comes and report any problems you find, if you start messing with files then any bugs you report will not really help in the development of SWITCH.

You make very good points. I can deal with the three dot issue on the stock android side. I'd rather contribute properly to the development than go my own way. I'll wait till the final release to start trying custom Kernels.

Any other benefit to s off in this situation? I'm aware of other reasons however don't see any beneficial to this particular situation.

Guest Lennyuk

You make very good points. I can deal with the three dot issue on the stock android side. I'd rather contribute properly to the development than go my own way. I'll wait till the final release to start trying custom Kernels.

Any other benefit to s off in this situation? I'm aware of other reasons however don't see any beneficial to this particular situation.

well if you were s-off then SWITCH doesn't boot into recovery, it just effectively shuts one rom down then boots almost straight into the other.

Guest yankzfan007

Just wanted wanted to say I appreciate your work Paul! Sense during my work day, and GE all the other time, seriously freaking amazing! Donation coming on Pay(Fri)Day!

Keep up the great work man!

Guest ne0ne

well if you were s-off then SWITCH doesn't boot into recovery, it just effectively shuts one rom down then boots almost straight into the other.

Okay. Any particular reason this is the case? If it runs any more efficiently I'd consider but I don't mind it booting into recovery. More Just curious why s on does and s off doesn't.

Guest Lennyuk

Okay. Any particular reason this is the case? If it runs any more efficiently I'd consider but I don't mind it booting into recovery. More Just curious why s on does and s off doesn't.

S-off allows you to write to parts of the phone that you otherwise can't - this then lets us skip the recovery stage - it doesn't really alter your experience at all.

Guest ne0ne

S-off allows you to write to parts of the phone that you otherwise can't - this then lets us skip the recovery stage - it doesn't really alter your experience at all.

Yeah. I'm aware of what s off allows you to do, I've just not had a reason to do so therefore figured it Is best to leave s on. More curious to how switching works with s off.

Loving it so far. Thanks again for the invite guys.

Guest kensington133

I'm guessing you did a Sense data restore while in Google mode or something similar?

P

When i first booted into sense I still had a few apps there from before the flash, maybe that was the cause of the problem?

Also good work, loving this rom, just a shame i break everything :P