PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,455 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@@paulobrien

for some reason, the apk i download from this link turned out to be the same(md5) one as i had(from arhd). so i'm still having the same issue, xposed works but app_process not surviving a switch.
could it be because i had this lockup on the first switch after installing xposed, due to advance reboot option popping up and it doesn't reboot properly? i had to use power button to hard reboot.
maybe that screwed up something? shold i try a clean install again?

You have to install the zip in that post too! The APK is the same one...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Lennyuk

Lennyuk

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Devices:HTC One, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@Lennyuk

for some reason, the apk i download from this link turned out to be the same(md5) one as i had(from arhd). so i'm still having the same issue, xposed works but app_process not surviving a switch.
could it be because i had this lockup on the first switch after installing xposed, due to advance reboot option popping up and it doesn't reboot properly? i had to use power button to hard reboot.
maybe that screwed up something? shold i try a clean install again?

If you already have xposed installed then installing the update.zip that paul provided in his post should fix it.

leo_hacker82

leo_hacker82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:htc m7
men thanks, for invite me, testing right now.
update beta 1 to 8, lose the wifi signal. i flash it two times and no wifi for me....
still testing.

IcOpRo

IcOpRo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:AT&T HTC One
  • Twitter:@Ar15fonsi
I think I've might have missed a step when installing Xposed... It works but when I switch back from GE to Sense I have to hit "Install/Update" tab and then reboot , after the mods im using will come back (Like Center Clock). If I just do a reboot on sense my mods dont get changed.

Pharaoh3301

Pharaoh3301

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:m7
I have tried everything but cannot switch to GE .Ensure fastboot was off and wiped data before flashing rom.Unchecked fastboot after first boot .......no dice.Any help will be appreciated.

Freshbard

Freshbard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hi to everybody here and first thanks to admit me to the Switch Beta.
My One is SFR branded (french brand for Vodaphone) with S-On.
Before installing Switch, I first install SFR official 4.2.2 update. Then I rooted it following a french tutorial.

I did follow your instructions, and everything just run fine concerning different flashs I'd to do. And I rooted it too thinking the flash I've just comes to do erase the first root
The SFR layer disappear with the flash, and all the SFR apps disapeared too and even the boot slashcreen. No too bad for that point ;)
I just did one mistake :\ : I first have resync all my account and personalisation on the Sense ROM before switching to the GE one. My bad ...
Then I run Switch.

The One close correctly but directly boot on the Recovery Mode : there, I'm asked to say Yes or No to the installation of an Untrusted zip. If I say no, it restart and boot to Sense. If I say Yes, it boots correctly to the GE ROM. But every Switch I do drives me there. THe recovery Log say :

ClockwordMod Recovery V6.0.3.1
Finding update Package
Opening update Package
Verifying Package update
E:signature verification failed
then Installing Update once I've granted the installation.

Afer that I have to manually select Reboot System Now + Have to say No to the Fix and it then boot correctly to GE. And Vice Versa :)

Maybe it comes from the personnalisation of the Sense Rom I've made before running the Switch ? Maybe that come from a root problem (one root on the original ROM, the another root installing Switch)

Lennyuk

Lennyuk

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Hi to everybody here and first thanks to admit me to the Switch Beta.
My One is SFR branded (french brand for Vodaphone) with S-On.
Before installing Switch, I first install SFR official 4.2.2 update. Then I rooted it following a french tutorial.

I did follow your instructions, and everything just run fine concerning different flashs I'd to do. And I rooted it too thinking the flash I've just comes to do erase the first root
The SFR layer disappear with the flash, and all the SFR apps disapeared too and even the boot slashcreen. No too bad for that point ;)
I just did one mistake :\ : I first have resync all my account and personalisation on the Sense ROM before switching to the GE one. My bad ...
Then I run Switch.

The One close correctly but directly boot on the Recovery Mode : there, I'm asked to say Yes or No to the installation of an Untrusted zip. If I say no, it restart and boot to Sense. If I say Yes, it boots correctly to the GE ROM. But every Switch I do drives me there. THe recovery Log say :

ClockwordMod Recovery V6.0.3.1
Finding update Package
Opening update Package
Verifying Package update
E:signature verification failed
then Installing Update once I've granted the installation.

Afer that I have to manually select Reboot System Now + Have to say No to the Fix and it then boot correctly to GE. And Vice Versa :)

Maybe it comes from the personnalisation of the Sense Rom I've made before running the Switch ? Maybe that come from a root problem (one root on the original ROM, the another root installing Switch)

Switch to twrp recovery. Then you won't get those weird messages in recovery on switch.

Freshbard

Freshbard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Thanks for your reply Leny.
All I've to do is just flash my recovery to TWRP one and that's all ?

Lennyuk

Lennyuk

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Thanks for your reply Leny.
All I've to do is just flash my recovery to TWRP one and that's all ?

Yes then when you switch it will still go into recovery but will automatically do what it has to do to switch roms with no weird messages or questions.

Freshbard

Freshbard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
And it worked just fine !
Thanks Lennyuk for your help ;)

descenpet

descenpet

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Devices:HTC One

You have to install the zip in that post too! The APK is the same one...

P

sorry, missed the zip
wasn't fully awake :D

Edited by descenpet, 23 July 2013 - 05:15 PM.

tmlhodge

tmlhodge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC One
This extremely well put together. And other than the SMS/MMS thing, I have zero problems. Well done sir.

Edited by tmlhodge, 23 July 2013 - 05:39 PM.

RobBull

RobBull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Having the WiFi issues as well on my T-Mobile One. After I extract and push my kernel image and libs to the appropriate folder, I cannot switch back to the GPE rom (Bulletproof kernel).

NeidRider

NeidRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:HTC One 32GB, Silver
  • Twitter:@MartechInfo

Having the WiFi issues as well on my T-Mobile One. After I extract and push my kernel image and libs to the appropriate folder, I cannot switch back to the GPE rom (Bulletproof kernel).

That sounds like this kernel isn't properly handling init.d as well. Use "adb shell su -c /etc/install_recovery.sh" and it should switch, after a failed switch. (or execute su -c... in a terminal emulator, which should probably work too)

strfacade123

strfacade123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:htc one M7
Hi, Very nice rom only one problem. When i click switch to the google rom it restarts, does the android is upgrading thing and then shows me sense 5 again even though i wanted it to switch.Can anyone help?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,455 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@@paulobrien

Hi, Very nice rom only one problem. When i click switch to the google rom it restarts, does the android is upgrading thing and then shows me sense 5 again even though i wanted it to switch.Can anyone help?

See the hint in the first post or install the S-ON package!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

FilyPhanatic

FilyPhanatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:HTC One, HTC One X+

Only if you are s-on.

I have just reached S-OFF, is there a way that I can remove the S-ON package?

BaltRavens

BaltRavens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC One; Galaxy S3; HTC HD2
after install the rom and boot in booth roms, all things are working fine for me. :D

Now i restore my titanium backup and will see.

I say thanks to you Paul. Your work is awesome!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

jackos2500

jackos2500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Programming and Stuff
  • Devices:HTC One,HTC Sensation,Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@jackos2500

I have just reached S-OFF, is there a way that I can remove the S-ON package?

Delete '/data/SWITCH/son'
Should work anyway... That's all the S-ON zip installs.

Edited by jackos2500, 23 July 2013 - 06:36 PM.

jehowe

jehowe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:nexus one
Beta 8 working well overall. Random 4.2.2 proximity issue has been occurring unfortunately. Currently testing the fix.... http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2318901 requires Xposed. So far, so good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users