• Please log in to reply
1799 replies to this topic

deeevan

deeevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:HTC One
Beta 13: I bootlooped on first install but was fine on the second go.

Steps: Wipe, beta 13 fresh, super su 1.6, reboot, minimal Sense setup, switch to GPE, google account setup, switch. It hung here

I repeated these steps, but spent more time in GPE checking settings. Two things happened :
1. I got a popup prompt, saying this long list of apps (including a couple that were com.htc.xxx, should they have been visible in GPE?) wanted permission to access google services. I said yes to this.
2. A few google apps and twitter auto updated

I've never received that permissions prompt before, anyone know the significance of it and whether that's why I could switch to Sense?

Edited by deeevan, 07 September 2013 - 09:27 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,436 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@@paulobrien

Hi,

First of all allow me to say I did tried to search before posting this question. Basically I'm running Modaco Beta 13 over an Android Revolution 10.0 Rom. My question is, is there a way to update just the Sense side? Meaning, my Sense rom side is asking for an update but when I tried using that option I ended up in a loop.

Thanks to anyone that takes a minute to answer my concern.
Regards,

Sebastian

How do you mean you're running it over the ARHD ROM? What version is your Sense ROM? Can you provide more details about the update?

Beta 13: I bootlooped on first install but was fine on the second go.

Steps: Wipe, beta 13 fresh, super su 1.6, reboot, minimal Sense setup, switch to GPE, google account setup, switch. It hung here

I repeated these steps, but spent more time in GPE checking settings. Two things happened :
1. I got a popup prompt, saying this long list of apps (including a couple that were com.htc.xxx, should they have been visible in GPE?) wanted permission to access google services. I said yes to this.
2. A few google apps and twitter auto updated

I've never received that permissions prompt before, anyone know the significance of it and whether that's why I could switch to Sense?

1. I've seen that in *stock* GPe, i'm not sure what causes it yet! That wouldn't affect Switching though. Try installing the latest SuperSU from post 1.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Lennyuk

Lennyuk

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Devices:HTC One, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@Lennyuk
I always get that permissions prompt and have done since beta 1

serkanhiziroglu

serkanhiziroglu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Am I the only one who feels like it's not enough smooth compared to stock or other custom roms?

deeevan

deeevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

1. I've seen that in *stock* GPe, i'm not sure what causes it yet! That wouldn't affect Switching though. Try installing the latest SuperSU from post 1.

P

I only started backing up to Google after the last ROM flash, maybe that's why I've never seen that prompt before? I downloaded SuperSU just before flashing (~24hrs ago) so I think that was the latest? It's still v1.6. As I said, I was able to switch fine after wiping and flashing a second time.

Do you have any instructions for capturing logs etc that'll help diagnose future issues?

GenShard

GenShard

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Got 13fresh all set up and done but TWRP won't back up now, keeps saying packs can't Tarr

So I won't switch til I can deffo backup, those bootloops are nasty

deeevan

deeevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Got 13fresh all set up and done but TWRP won't back up now, keeps saying packs can't Tarr

Thanks for reminding me to do a backup :) And now I'm in a bootloop :(

I didn't think a ROM would affect recovery doing backups? I backed up fine in CWM, and have just restored from it.

Paul/Lenny: Should fastboot be disabled? I noticed disabling it is no longer in the installation instructions.

Steps:
Was in GPE all day
Switch to Sense, this took several minutes. Way longer than it ever has
Reboot into recovery (CWM)
Do backup
Reboot into Sense, again this took a long time
Enable fastboot
Switch to GPE. Did nothing, decided to switch back after maybe a minute
Switch (bootloop)

Edit: Looks like fastboot was the culprit. I restored, disabled fastboot and have switched a couple times fine.

Edited by deeevan, 08 September 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Nolan Evans

Nolan Evans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am unable to switch to Sense. I am on Beta 11 and have been running on GPe for a couple weeks and now when I try to switch to Sense it just reboots into GPe. I am planning on installing Beta 13 from the full install package, but I want to make sure that everything is still functioning prior to the upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Lennyuk

Lennyuk

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

I am unable to switch to Sense. I am on Beta 11 and have been running on GPe for a couple weeks and now when I try to switch to Sense it just reboots into GPe. I am planning on installing Beta 13 from the full install package, but I want to make sure that everything is still functioning prior to the upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Flash the new supersu package on post one.

Nolan Evans

Nolan Evans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Flash the new supersu package on post one.

Yep, did that - still no luck.

scott41373

scott41373

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
So this may have been asked, but is it possible to flash AHRD over the Sense5 rom, or are the frameworks different? I would assume that you could only flash a deodex rom over the same, or you would have major issues. What about flashing PA over the GPe rom? Has anyone done this with success? Is this something that would be possible in the future? BTW, I have been using Switch since Beta11 and I love the flexibility of both.

johnp888

johnp888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, HTC One
I s-off'd my HTC one and since it was a tmobile us phone I used the GPe wwe firmware. I loaded beta 13 without incident and decided to root it to restore my files from helium. Then I tried to switch to GPe 4.3 and upon returning to sense it boot looped. Had to factory reset and reinstall. Is this a known issue? Anyway staying on sense for now. Thanks for the insights.

Edited by johnp888, 09 September 2013 - 02:50 PM.

deeevan

deeevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

So this may have been asked, but is it possible to flash AHRD over the Sense5 rom, or are the frameworks different? I would assume that you could only flash a deodex rom over the same, or you would have major issues. What about flashing PA over the GPe rom? Has anyone done this with success? Is this something that would be possible in the future? BTW, I have been using Switch since Beta11 and I love the flexibility of both.

Paul has mentioned custom ROM support for the future. My understanding is that right now, you are flashing a SWITCH ROM which happens to contain stock Sense and GPe. In the current state of ARHD, PA or any ROM, flashing them would overwrite SWITCH. My guess for the future is a way for ROM developers to make their ROMs switchable.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,436 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@@paulobrien

Am I the only one who feels like it's not enough smooth compared to stock or other custom roms?

It should be at least as smooth, a little smoother even!

You're jinxed!

Edit: Looks like fastboot was the culprit. I restored, disabled fastboot and have switched a couple times fine.

Ah, removing that from the instructions was accidental, i'll make sure I put it back!

Any suggestions?

Hmmm, strange, if installing the new SuperSU hasn't fixed it i'm not sure. A Beta 13 flash is certainly worth a try!

I s-off'd my HTC one and since it was a tmobile us phone I used the GPe wwe firmware. I loaded beta 13 without incident and decided to root it to restore my files from helium. Then I tried to switch to GPe 4.3 and upon returning to sense it boot looped. Had to factory reset and reinstall. Is this a known issue? Anyway staying on sense for now. Thanks for the insights.

No, not at all! I guess something has been restored it doesn't like...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Lennyuk

Lennyuk

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Try to untick "compression" in TWRP if you haven't already that fixed the error for me when I had it.

A week or so later I turned it back on and it backed up fine.

EDIT: Actually I am starting to think that maybe the files are too large for TWRP to be able to tar (downside of Switch I guess) - I might be wrong, has anyone been able to take a compressed backup in TWRP since beta 10?

Edited by Lennyuk, 10 September 2013 - 08:41 AM.

deeevan

deeevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Ah, removing that from the instructions was accidental, i'll make sure I put it back!

Thanks for clearing that up. Funny thing is, I forgot to disable fastboot in beta 12 and potentially beta 10 and it switched fine.

GenShard

GenShard

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Try to untick "compression" in TWRP if you haven't already that fixed the error for me when I had it.

EDIT: Actually I am starting to think that maybe the files are too large for TWRP to be able to tar (downside of Switch I guess) - I might be wrong, has anyone been able to take a compressed backup in TWRP since beta 10?

Meh switched to CWMR

Now that I am backed up I will see if that bootloops on return to sense happens. And it ain't helium. It was doing it to me before restore.

GenShard

GenShard

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Like you I have just installed 13 fresh plus SU then NoWP and huzzah same exact problem. No apps installed just the HTC login then google login in GpE. Bootloops as soon as I switch back to sense forcing nandroid recovery

jawonder

jawonder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Becoming an Android Developer
  • Devices:Dev HTC One(AT&T)
  • Twitter:@jawonder

TWRP has been acting up lately with large files .

Android Lover Forever

hide598

hide598

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Paul, it's been great. However, this Rom has major connectivity issues on games released by the growing messenging service LINE. At least 2 games released by them (PogoPang, I love coffee) failed to connect when I'm in sense mode. Both works fine in GPe mode. Please take a look at this. I have encountered this issue since beta 9, and it is still there after 3 beta version update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users