Need a change of rom

Guest terrier

Guest terrier

Ever since joining this group several months ago I've had a lot of help and advice from you knowledgeable guys out there. I've installed a few different roms, either CM or CM based roms on Jelly Bean 4.2. I don't use the phone for anything other than phoning, texting and the occasional internet access. All the roms I've tried so far have been ok at first then after a while start getting various problems. My biggest problem is that the phone quite often loses it's signal and if I reboot it it'll come back on again. It's very unreliable because I don't always know if it's the phone to blame or whether it's the network gone down or I may be in a bad signal area, so not ideal. I've been reading lots of posts on the forum and I'm thinking about going back to an ICS rom to see if that helps. I'm looking at Slim rom, Stock+ or maybe Slim Bean. Yes, I know Slim Bean is JB based but it seems to get good reports. I'm very pleased with the G300, I'd just like to have a reliable phone. I'd be grateful to hear any opinions on these roms and a link for downloading the roms and gapps. Thanks.

Guest george109

I would try Tesla, it is a stock based ROM, so it is based on the Huawei original ROM, and it has a lot of improvements, and as it is on ICS the battery life is very good.

Guest terrier

george.........thanks for the quick reply. I've already tried kyan31 electra rom which is quite good but still gives problems. I didn't realize his Tesla one was ICS based. Might give it a try. Thanks.

Guest george109

george.........thanks for the quick reply. I've already tried kyan31 electra rom which is quite good but still gives problems. I didn't realize his Tesla one was ICS based. Might give it a try. Thanks.

You're welcome smile.png

If you have any problems with that, you could also downgrade even more to AtomicMod, which is gingerbread stock based.

Edited by george109

Guest kyan31
I didn't realize his Tesla one was ICS based. Might give it a try. Thanks.

It has '[iCS][b960]' in the title :P

Edited by kyan31

Guest Paulzie

I would try Tesla, it is a stock based ROM, so it is based on the Huawei original ROM, and it has a lot of improvements, and as it is on ICS the battery life is very good.

Two standout ICS ROMS with plenty of user praise are SLIM and STOCK+. If you want ICS along with MIUI features (themes+apps) then try MIUI 2.7.6.

Guest kyan31

Two standout ICS ROMS with plenty of user praise are SLIM and STOCK+. If you want ICS along with MIUI features (themes+apps) then try MIUI 2.7.6.

That would be Slim by Jsevi, not SlimBean by Telonius. A lot of people get confused between the two :blink:

Guest Paulzie

That would be Slim by Jsevi, not SlimBean by Telonius. A lot of people get confused between the two :blink:

Good point. To clear up any confusion the ICS ROMs that I recommended in my previous post are:

* Stock+ [b960]:

* SLIM [b952]:

* MIUI V4 2.7.6 [b926]:

Guest Paulzie

slimbean 4.2.2, best jb rom ive used on this phone

From the JB ROMS, the following have been getting good user feedback about their performance and features:

* slimbean 4.2.2:

* CM 10.1 by joestone:

* MIUI V5 3.7.19:

Guest terrier

Ok guys, thanks for all the advice and recommendations. It's certainly given me some to consider and thanks for the links also.

Guest OmnioPT

Personaly the best G300 rom for me is Lightning Rom by kyan31. It ICS based on stock rom B952.

I've tried almost all roms and I always coming back to Lightning.

The only issue I had, was the randoms reboots, but I solve that with the "official bootloader unlock method".

Sorry my english!

Cheers!

Guest terrier

Well guys here's an update to my posting. I downloaded Stock+ and Slim V13. I fancied Stock + first so I tried to install it doing all the necessary wipes and resets. When I rebooted it sat for almost 10 mins showing just the Huawei splash screen and wouldn't go any further so I gave up and tried the Slim V13 and that one did exactly the same, wouldn't go past the splash screen. So, by this stage I had a dead phone ! As a last resort I downloaded Slim Bean. I installed Slim Bean and amazingly it worked. After setting everything up the phone is working but I'm not sure if it has installed properly or not. When it started up it was still showing the home screen from Electra that I was using before. I changed that to the Slim screen ok. It also doesn't show the data usage chart like all the other roms I've tried. I have to switch on the data by a different method. Also, the list of ringtones etc only goes from A to T. I've always had a list that goes A to Z on previous roms. There's also a few other things which makes me think it isn't right. But at least the phone is working. I was disappointed not being able to install Stock + or Slim V13. I'm just wondering if they both could have been dodgy downloads. Is this possible ? There musn't be anything wrong with the installation side of things or the Slim Bean wouldn't have installed. Would there be any technical reason for me not to be able to downgrade to an ICS based from the JB based roms that I have been using ? Any advice on this would be much appreciated or maybe a different download site. Thanks.

Guest dalyer

Did you choose all wipes (and maybe all formats) in CWM before installing each ROM?

Did you follow any ROM specific installation instructions?

If a ROM ZIP comes with an MD5 always check it to ensure the integrity of the download.

If there's no MD5 then at least open the ZIP in 7Zip or the like to ensure that the ZIP file format is intact.

BTW - on foot of this thread I'm thinking of trying AtomicMod GB on the basis that it may be smoother, more stable (?) and better battery life as I have found the ICS and JB ROMs that I have tried to date poor on all these fronts...

Edited by dalyer