[ROM] FusionX Huawei Y300 v1.0 [B199] [Full HWA]

Guest tillaz

Guest blairpoodle

Tillaz. Might be a big ask I know, but is there any chance of a walk through on how you created your ROM so us newbs may continue its when you more to the new phone.

Sorry if this is one of those facepalm questions, if so point my in the right direction and I'll read the rest.

aha... sorted, thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

i noticed a big chunk of code in PackageParser.smali which is different to AOSP which is setting exceptions for certain apps in system/app

to allow HWA after checking some of them it matched up.

Glad I could help in some way :) I knew the second I seen it on Github that it was a likely area. I've done a lot of smali patching recently to the point where I'm creating code in it to fix bugs in other peoples apps.

Looking at what you've posted it looks to do string searches for different things. I'm not sure if you've posted the complete thing, but for both the stock launcher and any browser that contains "browser" it might still disable HWA. You might be able to disable everything in one hit though by going to :cond_324 and changing what it does. I'll try to take a look at the complete file in a little while too.

Are the stock ROM's odexed or deodexed? I've seen a few dumps and they're deodexed. I'm not sure if you've deodexed them as their classes.dex has a 2012 timestamp, so if you have what have you used to do it?

EDIT:

I've attached PackageParser with all of the crap removed. Of course it's untested, but I can't see any errors and it compiles. You should be able to apply it to any current or future Y300 updates by simply replacing the file.

PackageParser.smali.txt

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Laximus

I am on stock B190.

Can I also replace this PackageParser.smali ?

And where is this file? My Es File exlorer didnt find this, against the show hidden files is on.

=)

Guest internectual

I've got a friend out in Canada that has a Y300-0151. I've told them how to unlock it, install recovery and root it. The issue now is that the 0151 doesn't seem to have the B194 or the B190 update and I wouldn't want to tell them to flash a whole new ROM that might not work for them.

Could you please have him make a TWRP backup of the stock ROM and upload it somewhere? Huawei only posted the firmware for the Y300-0100, which uses different frequencies. He *might* have problems with this ROM and he'll regret not making a backup, and I would really love him for posting it somewhere.

Has anyone used something like WinMerge to compare a dump of their original firmware to the latest firmware? It'd help to see what files have changed and then a patch might be possible for all Y300 variants.
I believe some of the users on Modaco forums (Spanish) have looked for the differences, and there are some that will cause 3G issues using a ROM for Y300-0100 on a Y300-0151. There's a "fix" for the issue but it causes problems with FusionX and USB Mass Storage support.

I don't plan on doing any work for the Y300 as I can't personally test anything, but I'd like to give my friend a few patches if possible. Also could anyone with the Y300-0151 confirm if this ROM works flawlessly on it?
The ROM works great on the Y300-0151 if you don't have a problem with only having access to 2G speed, or your provider supports the frequencies of the Y300-0100. Whatever you do, tell him to make a backup (and please upload somewhere) before flashing this or any ROM based on Y300-0100 firmware. Edited by internectual

I am on stock B190.

Can I also replace this PackageParser.smali ?

And where is this file? My Es File exlorer didnt find this, against the show hidden files is on.

=)

It's a little harder than replacing a system file as it requires you to use baksmali.jar and smali.jar.

Decompile:

backsmail.jar framework.jar -o framework
Add the file to \android\content\pm\ and then compile:
smali.jar framework -o classes.dex

You then place the classes.dex into the original framework.jar file and then you need to get it onto the phone. I suggest making a recovery flashable.

I can't do any of this for you as I don't own the phone and I don't know if the stock ROM's are odexed. If they are then it becomes even harder.

@ internectual

I can ask, but I know they might have problems doing that as they currently don't have internet access. They've got phone data, but they only get 200MB a month.

In Canada the "3G" network access is a must since most of the 2G areas have a weak signal. Having said that I'm not sure why flashing this ROM would break 3G since the baseband and radio aren't changed. That is unless there's something in the framework, which is likely as the Orange ZTE Skate ROM had a similar network check but all that would do is not display your carrier. That was tricky to fix.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Laximus

It's a little harder than replacing a system file as it requires you to use baksmali.jar and smali.jar.

Decompile:

backsmail.jar framework.jar -o framework
Add the file to \android\content\pm\ and then compile:
smali.jar framework -o classes.dex

You then place the classes.dex into the original framework.jar file and then you need to get it onto the phone. I suggest making a recovery flashable.

I can't do any of this for you as I don't own the phone and I don't know if the stock ROM's are odexed. If they are then it becomes even harder.

Thank you .

Uh!

Its like a developer level, and as I am not, I am waiting for Tillaz B3 update. =)

Thank you the quick response.

Probably best off waiting as the next update has some memory tweaks, but I could maybe give you a flashable zip if your framework.jar doesn't have a framework.odex. I really need someone to confirm if there are .odex files in system/framework/ first (that's for the stock ROM's, not modified ones such as this).

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Thunderdigital

Hello H3ROS I'm glad to see you here. My skate is running with your Blues at my mother in low. And she is not an easy user:-)

So back to Huawei, I looked into my original(171b) twr backup. I only see jars and two apks in framework directory if it helps.

Hey, thanks. As you're running the official ROM then that's good news unless the odex files are hidden.

If people upload their framework.jar files and say what version they're running then I could attempt to patch a few. Knowing the versions important as I would expect the framework to of been updated between 171 and 190.

Guest internectual
@ internectual

I can ask, but I know they might have problems doing that as they currently don't have internet access. They've got phone data, but they only get 200MB a month.

In Canada the "3G" network access is a must since most of the 2G areas have a weak signal. Having said that I'm not sure why flashing this ROM would break 3G since the baseband and radio aren't changed. That is unless there's something in the framework, which is likely as the Orange ZTE Skate ROM had a similar network check but all that would do is not display your carrier. That was tricky to fix.

My problem came from mistakenly using the Advanced Wipe feature of TWRP on the stock ROM, which deleted the OS. Since I couldn't download the Y300-0151 firmware from Huawei, I did a forced upgrade of the Y300-0100 firmware from their website. Doing that definitely breaks 3G on the Y300-0151.

For reasons I can't explain as I am unfamiliar with Android architecture, applying the "fix" for 3G from Modaco (which flashs two images to targets in /dev/block) will restore 3G functionality but completely disable the ability to use the phone as a USB Mass Storage device under Windows (at least with this ROM). The two targets are mmcblk0p9 and mmcblkp10.

Guest carlosirai
Could you please have him make a TWRP backup of the stock ROM and upload it somewhere? Huawei only posted the firmware for the Y300-0100, which uses different frequencies. He *might* have problems with this ROM and he'll regret not making a backup, and I would really love him for posting it somewhere.

I believe some of the users on Modaco forums (Spanish) have looked for the differences, and there are some that will cause 3G issues using a ROM for Y300-0100 on a Y300-0151. There's a "fix" for the issue but it causes problems with FusionX and USB Mass Storage support.

The ROM works great on the Y300-0151 if you don't have a problem with only having access to 2G speed, or your provider supports the frequencies of the Y300-0100. Whatever you do, tell him to make a backup (and please upload somewhere) before flashing this or any ROM based on Y300-0100 firmware.

I have a huawei y300-0151 and have full 3g in fusión x without any modo por fix... ThE problem from those with the 3g is because they use a update. app from y300-0100 and that change modem and baseband of the y300-0100 which are different, I only unlock my bootloader, install twrp, make backup of the 5 partitions, wipe everything, install fusion x b 02 and everything works as expected

Because a ROM only change/ install a new system, the update.app change system, recovery, kernel, modem and baseband

Guest internectual

Probably best off waiting as the next update has some memory tweaks, but I could maybe give you a flashable zip if your framework.jar doesn't have a framework.odex. I really need someone to confirm if there are .odex files in system/framework/ first (that's for the stock ROM's, not modified ones such as this).

There are no .odex files in the unpacked (from UPDATE.APP) /system/framework directory for B175 "NORMAL" from Huawei's website.

I have a huawei y300-0151 and have full 3g in fusión x without any modo por fix... ThE problem from those with the 3g is because they use a update. app from y300-0100 and that change modem and baseband of the y300-0100 which are different, I only unlock my bootloader, install twrp, make backup of the 5 partitions, wipe everything, install fusion x b 02 and everything works as expected

Because a ROM only change/ install a new system, the update.app change system, recovery, kernel, modem and baseband

That sounds about right. As the baseband isn't changed I'd expect it to remain fully working.

As you have a backup of your 5 partitions maybe you could share it with internectual as it'd fix his problem?

@ internectual

Thanks for confirming that.

I guess if anyones willing to test a mod that will make the stock ROM smoother then just give me your framework.jar file and tell me what ROM version you're using. All you'll then need to do is create a backup and flash the zip file from recovery.

Guest Laximus

Ok I'm in =)

I have stock B190

so if you upload the zip, I will make a backup of my working system, after a flash your zip.

=)

edit: there is no .odex files at all in the system/framework

Edited by Laximus

Guest carlosirai

That sounds about right. As the baseband isn't changed I'd expect it to remain fully working.

As you have a backup of your 5 partitions maybe you could share it with internectual as it'd fix his problem?

@ internectual

Thanks for confirming that.

I guess if anyones willing to test a mod that will make the stock ROM smoother then just give me your framework.jar file and tell me what ROM version you're using. All you'll then need to do is create a backup and flash the zip file from recovery.

That backup will no fix the problem, the backup have:

Boot

Crust

System

Data

Cache

The modem and baseband can be changed only via update app

Ok I'm in =)

I have stock B190

so if you upload the zip, I will make a backup of my working system, after a flash your zip.

=)

I'm pretty sure this ROM's based on B190 (I don't own the device so I've no idea) so I'll pack up what I've got here and you can give it a try. Give me a few minutes.

@ carlosirai

Figures. Like I've said I don't own the device so wouldn't know.

I guess the only way to fix it would be to get an update app for the 0151.

EDIT:

Okay, here it is.

http://d-h.st/dqj

This is for the B190 only. If you've got any other version then I wouldn't recommend installing it as it may cause some side effects.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest TangerineTractor

I'm pretty sure this ROM's based on B190 (I don't own the device so I've no idea) so I'll pack up what I've got here and you can give it a try. Give me a few minutes.

@ carlosirai

Yes, it's definitely based on 190 - the original one taken from the twrp backup on the 190 thread on here I believe.

Guest tillaz

Looking at what you've posted it looks to do string searches for different things. I'm not sure if you've posted the complete thing, but for both the stock launcher and any browser that contains "browser" it might still disable HWA. You might be able to disable everything in one hit though by going to :cond_324 and changing what it does. I'll try to take a look at the complete file in a little while too.

those apps mentioned in the code are actually exceptions to allow HWA to be enabled on them, i noticed this after checking some of them before changing anything

and found they did infact have HWA working on the system,

after making the small change its still working on them, easiest way to notice is that there settings menu background has

the grey gradient rendered, rather than plain back

EDIT

the update.app i used for this rom was already deodexed, after i unpacked it

but this is what i use to deodex roms that are not, you just need all all the apps / framework in there named folders

run "AutoDEOToolMain.bat" select number 2 and enter the bootclasspath which you can get from init.rc by unpacking boot.img

http://www.solidfile...m/d/4a2e48649b/

those apps mentioned in the code are actually exceptions to allow HWA to be enabled on them, i noticed this after checking some of them before changing anything

and found they did infact have HWA working on the system,

after making the small change its still working on them, easiest way to notice is that there settings menu background has the grey gradient rendered, rather than plain back

I picked up on that after I woke up a bit. I was going to edit the post to suggest for you to change eqz to nez, but instead I just fully removed everything and made it like stock Android, which makes the code cleaner and more optimized :)

EDIT:

Handy script, thanks!

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Laximus

@ carlosirai

EDIT:

Okay, here it is.

http://d-h.st/dqj

This is for the B190 only. If you've got any other version then I wouldn't recommend installing it as it may cause some side effects.

I'm making my backup, and after I will flash the zip, will let you know immediately the result

...but you can give me samo advice, what do I have to watch =D

I'm making my backup, and after I will flash the zip, will let you know immediately the result

...but you can give me samo advice, what do I have to watch =D

Well as Tillaz just said:

easiest way to notice is that there settings menu background has the grey gradient rendered, rather than plain back

You may notice some things feel smoother too.

Guest Laximus

ok

i just remember, that I put the android:hardwareAccelerated=true a few days ago - it doesnt do any sensible change

i just deleted this line and after reboot...

well, the android settings menu background is still black, not black_grey gradient...

i dont feel any big different... but its a short period to try, have to trya fewhour, maybe one day...

...or do I put back this line - android:hardwareAccelerated=true - in to the build.prop?

if yes, wich is the best place where to have to write it?

That line shouldn't be in the build.prop as it's something devs add to apps.

If you're not seeing a gradient then it either didn't install correctly or Huawei's made a mess of the GPU stuff and it needs the checks in place to enable GPU rendering, even though that should normally be the default anyway.

I don't have the device and I can't test anything myself, which is why I normally wouldn't give out any patches as it's hard to work on things when you're doing it blind. For all I know it's worked but you don't see the same effect in the settings menu because it's been modified by Huawei. So my suggestion is to wait for Tillaz as he has the device, he can test what works best and it'll run better than the stock ROM in the end due to the memory tweaks he's applied.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest lowsum

It worked for me, i now have the gradient and it does actually feel smoother, I only had a maps force close on boot and my yatse xbmc remote app was broken, reinstalling fixed it. Thanks a lot H3ROS for this patch, hopefully it will motivate tillaz to keep develloping for the y300. Looking forward for your next release Tillaz!