tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Moto X

Can anyone please post a link for another ROM that is fully compatible with the Huawei Ascend y300-0100?

how is this rom is not fully compatible with Y300-0100?

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

I think Beta 3 feels slower than 2. Not with the apps, but when I press the home button it sometimes takes several seconds to quit. And the RAM usage is not nearly as good as here... I got ~120 MB of free RAM after closing all apps (sometimes more of course, but it's the general)

But despite of that I really like your rom and appreciate your work. I like the working HWA and the AOSP systemUI.

that screen shot was straight after a reboot,
people need to get the ram thing out there head, apps are cached to open faster, so you wont ever have as much free ram as at fist boot, after using it a while
if android did not do this your phone would be extremely slow but have loads of free RAM

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
I've looked into things and I'm pretty sure this ROM's vulnerable to the master key exploits (8219321 & 9695860).

Check with this:
https://play.google.....onerootscanner

Heres a patch I've made for all B190 and B194 ROM's.

http://d-h.st/f5Z

As I've said before, it's untested as I don't own the device so make sure you create a backup first until it's confirmed working.

EDIT: It's now been confirmed to work :)

Edited by H3ROS, 01 September 2013 - 01:14 AM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png
If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

Ducsidu

Ducsidu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300-0100

that screen shot was straight after a reboot,
people need to get the ram thing out there head, apps are cached to open faster, so you wont ever have as much free ram as at fist boot, after using it a while
if android did not do this your phone would be extremely slow but have loads of free RAM

I got nearly 100 MB of free RAM at the first boot (I flashed it twice with full wipe before installing).
I know what you're saying, but it's also bad to have just a little free RAM, because if you start an app with big RAM usage (like browser) it will get laggy. If you use the browser for a long time even if there are just 1-2 apps opened it will get really slow, and it could even happen that you can't access the keyboard in while browsing.

Edited by Ducsidu, 24 August 2013 - 11:51 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

I've looked into things and I'm pretty sure this ROM's vulnerable to the master key exploits (8219321 & 9695860).

Check with this:
https://play.google.....onerootscanner

Heres a patch I've made that should hopefully work on all B190 ROM's.

http://d-h.st/f5Z

As I've said before, it's untested as I don't own the device.

yeah, i forgot about that as i was expecting someone to upload the B194 update which is already patched
this can also be used i think http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2365294

i was going to release an update before Tuesday (can't send phone until then with bank hol) as i left a few new things out of B03
but not sure now.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
Yeah I looked at the xposed method, but figured it was a waste to have that loaded into memory when its a rather simple fix.

If you do another update before you send off the phone and the patch works then feel free to include it. Maybe you could even include the newer alarm that others are saying works great?

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png
If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

I got nearly 100 MB of free RAM at the first boot (I flashed it twice with full wipe before installing).
I know what you're saying, but it's also bad to have just a little free RAM, because if you start an app with big RAM usage (like browser) it will get laggy. If you use the browser for a long time even if there are just 1-2 apps opened it will get really slow, and it could even happen that you can't access the keyboard in while browsing.

well that's definitely not normal

but i have no idea as that's not what its like for me, i'm sure you said the same about B02?
just use what you find best for your device ;)

pdvye

pdvye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300 0151
testing b03, thank you so much tillaz

Edited by pdvye, 25 August 2013 - 03:41 AM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
Out of interest though, what is it you feel you missed in B03?

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

Ducsidu

Ducsidu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300-0100

well that's definitely not normal

but i have no idea as that's not what its like for me, i'm sure you said the same about B02?
just use what you find best for your device ;)

I think I got more free RAM with b02 (not much more).
I will use B03 anyway, HWA is really useful, the AOSP look is my favorite :rolleyes:
Thanks again for your work! :D I'm not happy that you stop developing for the phone, but good luck with the Xiaocai X9 :blush:

Edited by Ducsidu, 25 August 2013 - 12:09 AM.

jackosterman

jackosterman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Just left the phone charging for a little over an hour, and noticed it didn't enter deep sleep during that time. Can't remember if that's normal. I'll obviously check again after I'm unplugged.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,857 posts

Just left the phone charging for a little over an hour, and noticed it didn't enter deep sleep during that time. Can't remember if that's normal. I'll obviously check again after I'm unplugged.

that's normal when plug in, deep sleep is working i tested this before release

jackosterman

jackosterman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5

that's normal when plug in, deep sleep is working i tested this before release

Yeah, I unplugged and have since seen it sleeping fine, thanks. By the way, would you still recommend disabling fast dormancy via the build.prop? I went with it disabled for the past couple of days on B02; couldn't really tell if anything improved but at least nothing worsened :).

pdvye

pdvye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300 0151
Working great for me so far :D

Trasparent statusbar ok
calls ok
wifi ok
facebook, whatsapp, player pro with dsp pack app ok
i love the icon splash animation when an app its recently installed
I installed a different battery icon too :)

I know (a li'l) how difficult its make a custom rom so i reaally apreciate that
cause we, as users, just install it and enjoy the rom... so easy uh?

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-08-24-23-52-15.png   426.8KB   48 downloads

Edited by pdvye, 25 August 2013 - 04:05 AM.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Working well for me. One small bug that I've never seen before... the brightness toggle icon stays on A all the time.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
It works great I've only just installed it but it's smooth and all my apps restored only about 38 but it's definitely quicker than B02. Those of you having a worse experience are definitely holding it wrong!

Laximus

Laximus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Devices:Y300-0100

strange, my experience with beta 3 is the total opposite, i find performance and battery life much better than stock B190, not to mention it been around 400% cleaner
but then again there are always a few who prefer stock, glad that's working good for you ;)

Hope you didnt missunderstand me, its not a complaining.

I am kind of a "sad", that many guys here have an experience with this rom, what I dont have...

=D

Maybe there is problem with my device...?

Laximus

Laximus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Devices:Y300-0100

It works great I've only just installed it but it's smooth and all my apps restored only about 38 but it's definitely quicker than B02. Those of you having a worse experience are definitely holding it wrong!

How do I... "holding it wrong"? =)

How do you mean?

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
It's just a little joke a reference to the iPhone 4 antenna issues nothing more.

arsalan11

arsalan11

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300(U8833)
thanks tillaz everything is ok now in beta3 but there is still a problem exist i need full screen caller id because of my job.as i said before full screen caller id of xposed framework doesn't work for me i enable it from settings/fusion x/status bar/full screen caller photo but nothing changes.
i searched for it in many forums they don't have my problem as you see here:http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2294419 everything should be ok but i don't know where the problem is. can you add this feature in the next build?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users