It's been good but it's got to go.

Guest putbinoot

Guest RussellS

If anyone knows anybody that's looking for a G3.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e7d99ff25

Why are you getting rid of it and what are you moving to now?

shame :(

still got mine...well i just upgraded to the G3S. :)

How are you finding the G3S after having the G3. I'm seriously considering getting the G3S myself but I just don't know if I can justify it.

Other than my proximity sensor problem (see this post) which requires recalibration after each reboot I'm still really happy with it. When I was still on the official release ICS firmware the phone wouold lock up probably once a day and require a battery pull meaning I would then have to recalibrate the proximity sensor. However since updating it to the official JB beta rom a few weeks back I haven't had a single lockup.

The only issue I have now which was introduced with the JB update is that my caller ID is not correctly matching local and international numbers stored in Google contacts. This is a known problem with various roms and requires the framework.jar file to be decompiled and edited to correct it which I have attempted to do unsuccessfully.

I have posted about this problem requesting help here and also here on xda. However, unfortunately no-one has come forth with any help yet.

I would be interested to know your thoughts on the G3S.

Edited by RussellS

Guest FrankieADZ

Well I think it's an improvement over the G3,screen seems brighter & generally overall seems an improvement over the G3.

The JB on the G3S seems very good so far. Can't fault it so far(had it a week tomorrow). Responsive, fast and smooth. Only gripe is when you look on wifi, there's a NVRAM error which appears, doesn't affect the wifi tho.

On the whole getting one deal I wanted a G5, but that isn't out for a while they say, so the G3S is a very good alternative at a good price.

*selling my G3 on a certain auction site atm, best sell it while it's got a bit of value. :-)

Guest putbinoot

Why are you getting rid of it and what are you moving to now?

I was looking for a phone that I could buy a hard waterproof case for, currently using a samsung galaxy s2.

Guest RussellS

Well I think it's an improvement over the G3,screen seems brighter & generally overall seems an improvement over the G3.

The JB on the G3S seems very good so far. Can't fault it so far(had it a week tomorrow). Responsive, fast and smooth. Only gripe is when you look on wifi, there's a NVRAM error which appears, doesn't affect the wifi tho.

On the whole getting one deal I wanted a G5, but that isn't out for a while they say, so the G3S is a very good alternative at a good price.

*selling my G3 on a certain auction site atm, best sell it while it's got a bit of value. :-)

Sounds good. Do you mind me asking where you purchased the G3S from and did it come already rooted or did you root it yourself and, if so, how easy was it.

Also, what is the GPS like on the G3S and did it come with the Google apps and Google services (like the Play store) already installed.

Edited by RussellS

Guest FrankieADZ

Sounds good. Do you mind me asking where you purchased the G3S from and did it come already rooted or did you root it yourself and, if so, how easy was it.

Also, what is the GPS like on the G3S and did it come with the Google apps and Google services (like the Play store) already installed.

i purchased mine from Ebay, from a UK seller, was £163, but given I was hit with import charge last time..didnt mind paying a little more..but I got it next day too.

mine came rooted(seen the vast majority are rooted but ask the seller first) has the play store too & google apps(had to download a couple but no trouble)

not tried the GPS but given its rooted if theres a problem I suspect it should be easy to fix if anything is wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FrankieADZ

Putinboot, did you manage to sell yours in the end? How much did you get for it?

i sold mine on Ebay the other week, got £84(thats inc. P+P)

*also the person i sold it too, tried to sell it few days later for £150 but failed. lol