Uninstall All Backup - how???

Guest cashmerecardi

Guest cashmerecardi

Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am desperate to uninstall the All Backup app from my phone (stock+)

Or at least switch it off. I keep waking up to find the schedule reminder has been on all night preventing the phone from sleeping and draining a full battery to nothing. Very annoying.

If anyone can point me to some clear instructions for removing it I would be grateful.

Guest dalyer

That's odd - I've been running Stock+ (R2) for a long time and All Backup never did anything like that. Maybe there's a scheduled backup configured and you just need to remove that?

Guest kyan31

1.Download Es file explorer from the Play Store

2. Open it, press the icon in the top left to reveal all the tools, and go to root explorer. Grant root access, and then allow the /system to have both read and write permissions.

4. Now navigate to /system/app and find the allbackup.apk. Select it and delete it.

5. Reboot.

Guest george109
1.Download Es file explorer from the Play Store

2. Open it, press the icon in the top left to reveal all the tools, and go to root explorer. Grant root access, and then allow the /system to have both read and write permissions.

4. Now navigate to /system/app and find the allbackup.apk. Select it and delete it.

5. Reboot.

if Es file explorer does not work then you could try using Root explorer, as ES cannot modify anything in /system for some reason on CM9 :huh:

Guest penthaler

if Es file explorer does not work then you could try using Root explorer, as ES cannot modify anything in /system for some reason on CM9 :huh:

Just search well in es file settings, because YOU CAN modify or delete or anything in /SYSTEM folders xD

using ES and running on CM9... xD

Start ES - there is NET/PHONE icon on top left side -> that is icon for QUICK ACCESS

Tap on the last item under Favourite - and ROOT EXPLORER.

After this grand ROOT ACCESS and click to item with R/W icon (connect for write/read)

there is

/

/system

/mnt/emmc

and next two columns RO / RW... So tick the RW (read write) for all of them and press OK.

Done xD

Guest george109

Just search well in es file settings, because YOU CAN modify or delete or anything in /SYSTEM folders xD

using ES and running on CM9... xD

Start ES - there is NET/PHONE icon on top left side -> that is icon for QUICK ACCESS

Tap on the last item under Favourite - and ROOT EXPLORER.

After this grand ROOT ACCESS and click to item with R/W icon (connect for write/read)

there is

/

/system

/mnt/emmc

and next two columns RO / RW... So tick the RW (read write) for all of them and press OK.

Done xD

Thanks, Ill try that later :)