63 replies to this topic

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
Hey Guys

I am using 3.8.26 and have no strange logins I do have a few issues though, anyone else experiencing these or have any fixes.....

1. Unlock screen bounces back and wont unlock often.

2. Changing ringtone and alerts doesn't always work, just reverts back to another tone/alert sound

3. Can't turn off SMS delivery alert sound without turning delivery reports off all together

4. Cannot enter MTK engineer mode using mobile uncle tools, just reverts back to homescreen. So cannot attempt GPS fixes.

5. GPS still broken

6. OTA updates fail

7. This is the most annoying one. When some one texts me their number comes up as unrecognized because it has the UK country code before it so I have to manually add it to contacts again even though I already have their number (without country code). Must all my saved numbers have +44 before to be properly recognised?

Also does anyone know......as OTA does not work I need another way to to upgrade to the latest rom but will I have to do a complete wipe? Or can I just flash the latest rom over the top of the old one manually through CMW?

One thing I have noticed is the sound on this rom is better than all others. Much louder and fuller

Edited by Sere83, 03 September 2013 - 04:00 PM.

Parafiizee

Parafiizee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Vowney V5

Hey Guys

I am using 3.8.26 and have no strange logins I do have a few issues though, anyone else experiencing these or have any fixes.....

1. Unlock screen bounces back and wont unlock often.

2. Changing ringtone and alerts doesn't always work, just reverts back to another tone/alert sound

3. Can't turn off SMS delivery alert sound without turning delivery reports off all together

4. Cannot enter MTK engineer mode using mobile uncle tools, just reverts back to homescreen. So cannot attempt GPS fixes.

5. GPS still broken

6. OTA updates fail

7. This is the most annoying one. When some one texts me their number comes up as unrecognized because it has the UK country code before it so I have to manually add it to contacts again even though I already have their number (without country code). Must all my saved numbers have +44 before to be properly recognised?

Also does anyone know......as OTA does not work I need another way to to upgrade to the latest rom but will I have to do a complete wipe? Or can I just flash the latest rom over the top of the old one manually through CMW?

One thing I have noticed is the sound on this rom is better than all others. Much louder and fuller

I have only problem 5 (sometimes, not always) and 6 (MD5 Signature doesn't match).
I have 3.8.29.

I updated from 3.8.28 to 3.8.29 without the Updater.
Just via CWM (no wipe).

Also strange, the ROM is still Android 4.2.1, however only gapps for 4.2.2 is working for me.

Edited by Parafiizee, 03 September 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

I have only problem 5 (sometimes, not always) and 6 (MD5 Signature doesn't match).
I have 3.8.29.

I updated from 3.8.28 to 3.8.29 without the Updater.
Just via CWM (no wipe).

Also strange, the ROM is still Android 4.2.1, however only gapps for 4.2.2 is working for me.

hmm, i used 4.2.1 gapps and they work fine. So you just flashed 3.8.29 in CMW, did you wipe cache or anything or just reboot from 3.8.26 and then flash the zip from miui.com in CMW?

Edited by Sere83, 03 September 2013 - 11:07 PM.

Parafiizee

Parafiizee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

hmm, i used 4.2.1 gapps and they work fine. So you just flashed 3.8.29 in CMW, did you wipe cache or anything or just reboot from 3.8.26 and then flash the zip from miui.com in CMW?

I just flashed the ROM, nothing more.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

7. This is the most annoying one. When some one texts me their number comes up as unrecognized because it has the UK country code before it so I have to manually add it to contacts
again even though I already have their number (without country code). Must all my saved numbers have +44 before to be properly recognised?

New build should be out today or in next few days.
4. Take a look at one of few apps with chinese name or take a look at development settings (I had enginer menu there, in v987 miui)
7. Some chinese roms try to recognise call prefix numbers as chinese province or city codes. I fixed that with Twitch. It goes through your
contact list and assigns country code to every phone number you have. It gives you a check list before applying changes.
I use only sim phone numbers and switch off contact sync in settings. Otherwise I get duplicates every now and then.

Cheers!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Parafiizee

Parafiizee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Version 3.9.6 Available :D (12.2 MB update, not that much).
Hopefully the OTA updater works now..

Edit: OTA updater works now unlike 3.8.28.

Edited by Parafiizee, 06 September 2013 - 12:20 PM.

Northstandhero

Northstandhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
What gapps do i need for this latest version? 4.2.1 or 4.2.2?
Cheers
Installed using 4.2.2 seems ok so far, deleted some chinese apps, but can't get mobile uncle tools to work so having probs fixing gps.

Edited by Northstandhero, 06 September 2013 - 03:42 PM.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts
You lucky you!

A tip from gizchina:

Flash miui. Open Miui market app. Search for "google" by Eric Xiang
Install that.
You have all google services now. Play store, too.

Simple huh!

P.S. Press a little green button on the right side of my post now, else it wont work :)

Edited by dakok, 06 September 2013 - 08:55 PM.

logo-telekineza.png 

Northstandhero

Northstandhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
One more thing I've noticed in this Rom is that after every reboot I need to sign in to Twitter again.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts
Ok, back to miui (from lewa) again.
Tried that google play trick from gizchina but it
brought fc for Play.
Standard procedure with gapps did the job.
Checked where engineer menu appears - it is
in settings: stock
I'm not having vowney so it might not be there for you.

logo-telekineza.png 

Northstandhero

Northstandhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
Been running this for a few days , great Rom not had a single reboot, only issues are flaky gps need to edit my gps config file and the fact i need to re sign in to Twitter every time I reboot the phone.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts
Do you have engineer menu in settings - stock?

logo-telekineza.png 

Northstandhero

Northstandhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
No mate, just got the usual developer options.tried editing the gps config, in system,etc but for some reason it won't save the edit, I think it's to do with the R/RW options but can't find anywhere in the file explorer options to make it writeable.

allanmac

allanmac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

can't find anywhere in the file explorer options to make it writeable.

ES File Explorer > click on upper left icon > Root Explorer > Mount R/W.

Don't forget to return the filesystem to read-only when you're done.

Northstandhero

Northstandhero

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

ES File Explorer > click on upper left icon > Root Explorer > Mount R/W.

Don't forget to return the filesystem to read-only when you're done.

Nice one, cheers for that.

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:Cube Talk 5H
I'm think of getting one. Is the official Miui rom working on this and does it do OTA updates? Thanks

Parafiizee

Parafiizee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I'm think of getting one. Is the official Miui rom working on this and does it do OTA updates? Thanks

For me; Yes and yes.

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

For me; Yes and yes.

Thanks dude. All I got to do now is find someone in england selling one. I was looking at getting a Red Rice but they are way over charging for it

as it's just a V5 with a faster cpu.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

No way, dude! :)

It is much much more than v5:

Xiaomi Hongmi (Red Rice) 

miui

Edited by dakok, 20 September 2013 - 04:44 PM.

logo-telekineza.png 

deuse

deuse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

No way, dude! :)

It is much much more than v5:

Xiaomi Hongmi (Red Rice) 

miui

really? Same hard ware\screen. You can flash the same Miui roms but the V5 has 3G were as the RR has only 2G

unless I'm missing something? 

Edited by deuse, 20 September 2013 - 06:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users