Photo

[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3

Congratulations for the fantastic work they do for us and we thank you for that.
But I want to ask you something: why flash player does not work on custom ROMs developed by you (we've tried them all!) and the original ROM works without problems?
I tried several versions of flash player, including the latest Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.69).
Thanks in advance.

i don't know what you're doing wrong, but flash player 10 and 11 both work just fine on konstat's cm10 *and* cm10.1. haven't tried this one.. but still.

(and he's right. it is a useless piece of shite.)

Gozcu

Gozcu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade 3
Nice work :)

Bundizle

Bundizle

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:zte blade, huawei y300 ,Moto G
  • Twitter:@bundizle
can this rom be supported on the zte blade?

ciha77

ciha77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Thank you

Letqu

Letqu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Blade III, Nexus 7

Yeah, it's still noticeably slower than CM10.1. There's still at least one graphics hack missing and probably plenty of stuff enabled by default that we don't have support for. Main issues with graphics performance is that we don't have a 3.4 kernel and we can't utilize ION memory allocator. We don't have camera proprietaries that support it, so enabling ION would mean that camera would never work. It also means we are stuck using old Adreno graphics drivers. That's why it would be important if ZTE would release a proper Jelly Bean update for this device (and the kernel source to go with it ;)).

There's no battery drain issues that I know of. Kernel is practically the same as in CM10/CM10.1. Probably just some misbehaving app, nothing that a reboot wouldn't cure. :P

I killed all apps which I use and there are not many (because ,what could you do with this powerhouse :) ) and find out that my phone only lasted about 12 hours instead of normal 48. Other thing I noticed was cLock not behaving as it should, it never found my location so no weather and it had quite a lot wakelocks, also cell standby used huge amounts of battery, and no ,reboot didn't cure it. But that aside, I have been using linux as my main OS for over ten years and quite many years I was devoted slacker ,so kernel compilations are not alien to me. It would be really nice to have 3.4 kernel instead ancient 3.0 Is there any kind kernel config file for our device , because I don't mind about the camera and would really like to try 3.4 kernel. I think I could do it, because I already watched few videos about android kernel compilation on youtube :)

When the going gets weird ,the weird turn pro.

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III
What we actually need to make cm10.2 smooth as cm10 or cm10.1
Do we have any changes for 3.4 kernel i.e? Or are we just stuck with the improvement´s we have?

TheWhisp

TheWhisp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:GT-S6500D
@ KonstaT: First, I wanted to say thank you for your FM patches and your contributions at legaCyMod. I am building ath6kl driver for my Mini 2 and it's working pretty good, I saw that you have problems with SELinux because of your Wi-Fi blobs. You can check out my GitHub profile and see how I'm building it. Maybe it will help you. However, I wanted to ask you some questions: 1 ) with the ath6kl driver the AP mode hangs on "Turning hotspot on...". While this happens, I have to manually run hostapd, then the AP mode is working, after I shut it down, I have to manually delete wlan0. It seems that hostapd is started before wlan0 is up. The logcat says "could not read interface wlan0 flags: no such file or directory" and nl80211 drivers fails to load. Then, as I said, I run hostapd manually and it works. Do you know where the problem could be?
2 ) Does FM for you also break 2-pin (no mic) headsets? Sound most of the time plays through speaker on my Mini 2

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blade III

What we actually need to make cm10.2 smooth as cm10 or cm10.1
Do we have any changes for 3.4 kernel i.e? Or are we just stuck with the improvement´s we have?

Time. It hasn't even been three weeks since the source dropped. It should get as smooth as CM10.1 after we get few things in place.

@ KonstaT: First, I wanted to say thank you for your FM patches and your contributions at legaCyMod. I am building ath6kl driver for my Mini 2 and it's working pretty good, I saw that you have problems with SELinux because of your Wi-Fi blobs. You can check out my GitHub profile and see how I'm building it. Maybe it will help you. However, I wanted to ask you some questions: 1 ) with the ath6kl driver the AP mode hangs on "Turning hotspot on...". While this happens, I have to manually run hostapd, then the AP mode is working, after I shut it down, I have to manually delete wlan0. It seems that hostapd is started before wlan0 is up. The logcat says "could not read interface wlan0 flags: no such file or directory" and nl80211 drivers fails to load. Then, as I said, I run hostapd manually and it works. Do you know where the problem could be?
2 ) Does FM for you also break 2-pin (no mic) headsets? Sound most of the time plays through speaker on my Mini 2

Yeah, I've seen it and built it. ;) Haven't figured out the power on/off yet, zte_wifi_power doesn't seem to do it for me. I dumped symbols from the prebuilt atl6kl_sdio module we have, and it only has msm7x27a_wifi_power which is nowhere to be found in our kernel. :o Anyway, it's not currently that high on my priority list.

1) Actually I'm still using prebuilt hostapad from stock ICS. AP mode doesn't work here either if I build it from the source. Again, one of those things that is somewhere in my todo list. It's just been postponed to distant future because it works well enough as it is. ;)

2) What do you mean with breaks? Works perfectly fine on CM10.1 with regular 2-pin headphones afaik (audio can be muted or routed to speaker if chosen). Haven't even tested with 3-pin headsets but I haven't heard anyone complain. Maybe Samsung has added another headphone route? (something like this?)

There's still couple issues with FM radio on CM10 (headphone mute doens't work and volume 'skips' to default value for a split second when you touch a settings etc). Can you reproduce these issues on Mini 2? I think it's somewhere in the CM10's 'safe headset volume' implementation rather than I'm missing or failed porting the qcom stuff. :P

TheWhisp

TheWhisp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:GT-S6500D
If I apply your patches and enable FM radio, audio always/sometimes routs through speaker (when using 2-pin headset). It couldn't be caused by kernel audio drivers since this happens on both Samsung's 2.6 and CAF's 3.0.x kernel. I'll do some more debugging. Anyway, I was hoping you might have some idea with my hostap issue. Thanks anyway. ;)

edit: that commit seems to have fixed my headphones problem

Edited by TheWhisp, 13 August 2013 - 12:34 PM.

Muztek

Muztek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I have problem with SU in this rom, are there a problem with this or is it i as have bad luck?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

I have problem with SU in this rom, are there a problem with this or is it i as have bad luck?

No issues, not even with bad luck.

You need to enable root access for App (or Apps and ADB) under Settings -> Developer options -> Root access.

Muztek

Muztek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

No issues, not even with bad luck.

You need to enable root access for App (or Apps and ADB) under Settings -> Developer options -> Root access.

So easy and i missed it, thanks KonstaT

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
New build. Should be as smooth and fast as CM10.1 now.

cm-10.2-20130815-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.zip.html
md5:3c43d25b3afa1c87befe17dd0f807a5b

-more display hacks
-fixed issue in cpu freq table that caused reboots on some devices
-expose 4.3's hidden app ops feature (Settings->Security->App ops)
-Dalvik startup with a low memory footprint (1)
-Development setting to enable navbar (1,2)
-Re-add link to DeviceParts (1)
-new settings menu structure (merged)

D4NY3L

D4NY3L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:MD DROID (skateAqcua) italy
good work, bro.. thanks!!

@modification: but i have a problem with video and photo, with video the encoding are bugged .... and with photo ... why you remove the auto-focus when i take a photo.. it's are perfectly

Edited by D4NY3L, 15 August 2013 - 03:55 PM.

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III

New build. Should be as smooth and fast as CM10.1 now.

cm-10.2-20130815-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.zip.html
md5:3c43d25b3afa1c87befe17dd0f807a5b

-more display hacks
-fixed issue in cpu freq table that caused reboots on some devices
-expose 4.3's hidden app ops feature (Settings->Security->App ops)
-Dalvik startup with a low memory footprint (1)
-Development setting to enable navbar (1,2)
-Re-add link to DeviceParts (1)
-new settings menu structure (merged)

Thanks! Now we really have pretty nice cm10.2 rom ;)

bjupiter11

bjupiter11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
Hi, KonstaT
I have some questions!
1.When I get into Settings > Display & lights > Notification Light
I see a option where you can change the color of the LED light, but it seems that it doesn't work because whatever color i pick it's always green or red! Is there something else that I should do for it to work?

2.I have activated the daydream to daydream while charging, but I have not see it while charging! What is the problem?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Hi, KonstaT
I have some questions!
1.When I get into Settings > Display & lights > Notification Light
I see a option where you can change the color of the LED light, but it seems that it doesn't work because whatever color i pick it's always green or red! Is there something else that I should do for it to work?

2.I have activated the daydream to daydream while charging, but I have not see it while charging! What is the problem?

1) Notification LED color options are not even supposed to work on this device. We only have green and red LEDs and there are not many colors you can up with that combination (amber/orange is when both are on). ;) CyanogenMod doesn't provide any intelligent method to hide these options on devices that don't support it either. I guess I could use hammer but I haven't bothered. :P

2) Apparently so. I highly doubt this is anything device specific though. CM10.2 is still early in the making and minor issues like this get sorted eventually.

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

1) Notification LED color options are not even supposed to work on this device. We only have green and red LEDs and there are not many colors you can up with that combination (amber/orange is when both are on). ;) CyanogenMod doesn't provide any intelligent method to hide these options on devices that don't support it either. I guess I could use hammer but I haven't bothered. :P

can you reproduce the problem with the led eventually coming back on when charging from mains power, even though it's disabled in settings > display > battery light? i'd like to know if it's a problem with my charger or some minor glitch not worthy of fixing.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

can you reproduce the problem with the led eventually coming back on when charging from mains power, even though it's disabled in settings > display > battery light? i'd like to know if it's a problem with my charger or some minor glitch not worthy of fixing.

I already answered this once yesterday. Not going to do it again today.

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

I already answered this once yesterday. Not going to do it again today.

you mean this?

I've tested this with four wall chargers (two of which is ZTE's) and USB charged from several devices. This hasn't happened to me once so I really can't reproduce this on my device. Some have said that this only happens with ZTE's wallcharger but not with USB charging. I'm thinking it's a faulty charger situation just like the unresposive screen one. Chinese 0.50$ chargers...

sorry, must have missed it. i'll get another charger then..

EDIT: tried three different usb chargers. the led comes back on sporadically with *all* of them. strangely, it only happens when the screen turns off. isn't there a /proc 'file' or even a sysctl value that disables the led hardware completely? i'd be more than happy to write an init.d script that simply kills it. : )

here's the log file: https://dl.dropboxus...1242680/led.log

Edited by bamdad, 16 August 2013 - 02:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users