Photo

[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:ZTE ACQUA JB 4.1.2
Can it be installed in Acqua too???

jbrolin

jbrolin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Zte blade 3
Great work konstaT. Thanks! Just installed the 20130815 release and it works beatiful so far. Feels realy fast and smooth.

MJonMoDaCo

MJonMoDaCo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Interests:PCs, Phones, Cars, Sports of all sorts.
  • Devices:ZTE Skate Acqua LG Optimus One

Can it be installed in Acqua too???

Yeah, I got it going.

4.3 goodness. *weg*

But we're waiting on official updates from qualcomm before we get Bluetooth and FM radio working, so don't bother unless you don't mind...

4.2.2 is best until the problems are ironed out - and that'll take a while yet. I'm only using 4.3 on my days off so that I can see if/what problems arise. Aside from what's already been noted, I'm seeing nothing out of the ordinary yet.

Spoiler

leripe

leripe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Damn i have totally missed this. You're just awesome. I hope you will buy zte blade iv when zte releases it ;) To testing->

Edit: After testing I found out that whatsapp sounds work on this rom! Seems to be a daily driver for me, unlike the 4.2.2 version.

Edit2: Also seems that instagram doesnt crash in this rom compared to 4.1.2, where it crashed with 90% chance when looking the news section.

Big thanks!

Edited by leripe, 18 August 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Current phone:

S4 mini lte

Blade III

Blade I

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Yeah, I got it going.

4.3 goodness. *weg*

But we're waiting on official updates from qualcomm before we get Bluetooth and FM radio working, so don't bother unless you don't mind...

4.2.2 is best until the problems are ironed out - and that'll take a while yet. I'm only using 4.3 on my days off so that I can see if/what problems arise. Aside from what's already been noted, I'm seeing nothing out of the ordinary yet.

Experiencing any problems with wifi disconnections?
I'm asking you because I own a Greek ZTE Acqua (wind) and with previus releases (4.1.2-4.2.2) I was facing this particular problem.

red.srb

red.srb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE III
  • Twitter:@/
My LED only flashes in red color , but not in green like on stock rom.Is that a problem with this ROM or i installed ROM wrong ? Konsta can you add in reboot menu option to reboot in recovery ?

Edited by red.srb, 19 August 2013 - 06:44 AM.

signature-fb-page-reklam.png

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3

My LED only flashes in red color , but not in green like on stock rom.Is that a problem with this ROM or i installed ROM wrong ? Konsta can you add in reboot menu option to reboot in recovery ?

the led has problems in every jb rom. i just turn it off usually.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Lol, how is that even a problem at all? Who cares if it flashes red or green just as long as the notifications works.

Can't add something that's already there. How about reading the FAQ in the third post...

the led has problems in every jb rom. i just turn it off usually.

Err, there is no problems how LEDs work. Problem seems to be when you try to disrupt normal behaviour.

Yes, I can reproduce the issue with charging LED and I probably could have done it a lot sooner if someone had actually provided proper steps how to reproduce it! It only happens with wall charger and with charging LED disabled. It's not 'I haz sticky charging LED' situation like it's been described so far. So simply don't disable the charging LED, problem solved. It's an optional setting and can be hidden anyway.

RobbieM

RobbieM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III / CM 11

Just put the color in the middle of the palette, something like in my screenshot... This got the LED flashing green on notifications and red on empty battery... ROM is 10.1 but the principle is the same i guess...

Attached Files

Edited by RobbieM, 19 August 2013 - 09:46 AM.

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3

Err, there is no problems how LEDs work. Problem seems to be when you try to disrupt normal behaviour.

Yes, I can reproduce the issue with charging LED and I probably could have done it a lot sooner if someone had actually provided proper steps how to reproduce it! It only happens with wall charger and with charging LED disabled. It's not 'I haz sticky charging LED' situation like it's been described so far. So simply don't disable the charging LED, problem solved. It's an optional setting and can be hidden anyway.

can't recall my exact wording, but 'comes back on' implies that it had been disabled previously, and i distinctly remember saying that in only does it on mains power. which is still weird as hell. as i've said before: it's nothing big, i just wanted you to know the details before you label this as 'wontfix'. ; )

plantroon

plantroon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:IT, gaming
  • Devices:ZTE Brick III
  • Twitter:@@plantroon
Do I necessarily need to wipe data/factory reset when coming from CM 10.1 ? I used to only format /system and it worked but that was with old JB ROMs

I wish Canonical made some good work and Ubuntu Touch got optimized&running on any android phone....I wouldn't mind having android apps runtime as well :D

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

can't recall my exact wording, but 'comes back on' implies that it had been disabled previously, and i distinctly remember saying that in only does it on mains power. which is still weird as hell. as i've said before: it's nothing big, i just wanted you to know the details before you label this as 'wontfix'. ; )

I wasn't talking about you. It's been described by several users as 'my charging LED stays lit after I unplug the charger' instead of 'charging LED turns on by itself after it's been disabled from the settings' like it should have. If people don't know how to report issues or can't even provide proper steps how to reproduce them, there's zero chance of anything ever getting fixed.

Do I necessarily need to wipe data/factory reset when coming from CM 10.1 ? I used to only format /system and it worked but that was with old JB ROMs

There's installation instructions in the third post. It's the only way to install this ROM if you plan to write your impressions or report any possible issues in this thread. For about the millionth time - no wipe, no whine!

leripe

leripe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
I feel sorry for you konstat, there are easy and simple instructions and still these people dont badword get it. I think you should have your own forum for your roms, where you could just ban/mute idiots. Every thread since you started has been the same. Have few beers to relax from me!

Current phone:

S4 mini lte

Blade III

Blade I

CactusJack

CactusJack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, will this work for the ZTE Blade III V889M (the dual-core one)? Thanks :D

MJonMoDaCo

MJonMoDaCo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Experiencing any problems with wifi disconnections?
I'm asking you because I own a Greek ZTE Acqua (wind) and with previus releases (4.1.2-4.2.2) I was facing this particular problem.

Funny you mention that... I was testing on my LAN Server last night, and while my router is a steaming pile of cack at the best of times it didn't disconnect - it just had a smaller footprint than usual, and I had to stay within 25 metres or so of the router to stay connected (with 1 bar of signal). That's workable, as I don't live in a place big enough to need a repeater. But it was the next morning after being in sleep mode all night that it simply refused to even start WiFi scanning, until I rebooted. I've noticed this problem with cm10.1 before, when someone else reported it, but I believe the problem was fixed?

Not a big deal, considering.

Spoiler

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Funny you mention that... I was testing on my LAN Server last night, and while my router is a steaming pile of cack at the best of times it didn't disconnect - it just had a smaller footprint than usual, and I had to stay within 25 metres or so of the router to stay connected (with 1 bar of signal). That's workable, as I don't live in a place big enough to need a repeater. But it was the next morning after being in sleep mode all night that it simply refused to even start WiFi scanning, until I rebooted. I've noticed this problem with cm10.1 before, when someone else reported it, but I believe the problem was fixed?

Not a big deal, considering.

Well, my router right next to my couch, and I 'm facing disconnections every 1-2 minutes!!!! How about that??? I still believe that my Acqua is cursed!!! :P
Anyway, I think that there might be a problem with the Kerbel... I cannot explain it otherwise...

MJonMoDaCo

MJonMoDaCo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Well, my router right next to my couch, and I 'm facing disconnections every 1-2 minutes!!!! How about that??? I still believe that my Acqua is cursed!!! :P
Anyway, I think that there might be a problem with the Kerbel... I cannot explain it otherwise...

Mmm. Not entirely convinced just yet. Have you tried installing your stock rom again? If you still have problems then it could be your router. I know mine is on its last legs, and its probably time to get another (its more than 3 years old, so possibly), and by the sounds of things, yours might be the same. On the other hand if you don't have issues with your stock rom then it may well be an issue with the kernel or the drivers for the atheros chips in our acquas. I'm guessing that the blade3 has a slightly different chipset and so the drivers that are being used might be somewhat generic? Or I could be completely wrong.

Its not cursed, so much as temperamental. Even though its a pain in the rear to have to go through the rigmorale of flashing your official greek rom and re-rooting and reinstalling ClockworkMod, it would pay to be thorough, and probably best to try it again first.

I'm off to do so right now ^^

Spoiler

epyloxias

epyloxias

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Mmm. Not entirely convinced just yet. Have you tried installing your stock rom again? If you still have problems then it could be your router. I know mine is on its last legs, and its probably time to get another (its more than 3 years old, so possibly), and by the sounds of things, yours might be the same. On the other hand if you don't have issues with your stock rom then it may well be an issue with the kernel or the drivers for the atheros chips in our acquas. I'm guessing that the blade3 has a slightly different chipset and so the drivers that are being used might be somewhat generic? Or I could be completely wrong.

Its not cursed, so much as temperamental. Even though its a pain in the rear to have to go through the rigmorale of flashing your official greek rom and re-rooting and reinstalling ClockworkMod, it would pay to be thorough, and probably best to try it again first.

I'm off to do so right now ^^

As a matter of fact I 'm currently using the stock.
And nope! Not even one disconnection with stock rom.
Besides, I had to install German partitions, 'cause with Greek ones, I couldn't install JB at all.
Hoping for you to find the cure to our Acquas!!!! :)

MJonMoDaCo

MJonMoDaCo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

As a matter of fact I 'm currently using the stock.
And nope! Not even one disconnection with stock rom.

I'm sure thats a relief to you.

Besides, I had to install German partitions, 'cause with Greek ones, I couldn't install JB at all.

But that's not a relief. I wish ZTE would realise these devices can handle Jelly Bean... Would make a lot of their Customer base happier. I could understand if Google leaves AndroidOS 5.0 to next generation devices, so it makes even more sense to, but its probably a bureaucracy thing with manufacturers and carriers that it could take a while even if they intend to.

Hoping for you to find the cure to our Acquas!!!! :)

Not likely... But if I remember right, you can input *983*24474636# (*ZTE*CHIPINFO#)
and see the WiFi model (AR_6005) which, I'm pretty sure KonstaT would have included ;)

Anyone with a Blade3 that has anything different?

Spoiler

MJonMoDaCo

MJonMoDaCo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
Or maybe...

http://www.modaco.co...blade-iii-roms/

Hmmm. The plot thickens :D

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users