KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Do anyone who suffer from reboots have this issue? My device often reboots when a signal of my mobile network is weak, governor doesn't matter. It happens when I press the power button to turn the screen on. Nothing happens, only button's backlight light up and after a while, BANG, reboot. Yesterday I was in the suburbs, where the signal was weak and I couldn't start up my phone for about 3 hours.
I don't want to litter this thread with a different problem, but I'm just curious if it's connected with blue screen issue, because it wasn't happening in CM9 and stock.

Got just bluescreen today, first one(If I remember right)

Please don't clutter this thread with irrelevant information! This issue is not something that happens once in three months or is related to low signal. Reboot happens almost instantly when something other than performance governor is used.

I have this bluescreen and freezing broblem, stock fimware was B08,I bought the phone a few weeks ago by Elisa shopit, in Finland.I need to use Performance Mode, the phone will not get stuck in cm10.1 But look at this: http://aijaa.com/ct97iD quick system info pro, does not recognize the bootloader and radio at all, is this normal?

Internet message boards are awesome. :P This thread isn't even a page long and still people can't bother to read it. Why do you think I need to ask if there was some other way of knowing?

It is necessary to know the version of the original stock ROM (or if you've used any official updates) because it equals the version of the radio/modem firmware and bootloaders on your device. There is no way to verify what modem you currently have on your device.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts

Konstat, there isnt other kernell. I'm talking about what is in Aurora Borealis.

So you're saying that reboots on other than performance governor ("blue screen" is irrelevant here) also happen on Aurora Borealis? I was under the impression that it didn't. Or haven't people just noticed because ZTE stock ROMs default to performance governor?

Could someone please verify this finding ASAP.

Snowscape

Snowscape

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
I only asked if it might be somehow related to the blue screen issue which I also suffer from. An symptom not mentioned by anyone yet. I don't see anything bad in my question. Anyway I have been running stock on on-demand governor (I checked it with an appropriate app) and no reboots at all. 100% stable rom. Imo this is not an issue that can be overlooked. However I always thought the default governor was on-demand. Could be wrong though.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts

I only asked if it might be somehow related to the blue screen issue which I also suffer from. An symptom not mentioned by anyone yet. I don't see anything bad in my question. Anyway I have been running stock on on-demand governor (I checked it with an appropriate app) and no reboots at all. 100% stable rom. Imo this is not an issue that can be overlooked. However I always thought the default governor was on-demand. Could be wrong though.

Stock ROMs default to performance governor (actually CM10/10.1/10.2 also boots with performance but the default is changed to ondemand on init). If you're running unrooted stock, there's no way to change that. Anyway, I'm not interested in stock ROM behavior.

I was asking if this issue (reboot using other than performance governor, "blue screen" is irrelevant) can be replicated with the custom kernel that comes with Aurora Borealis by default?

Korys

Korys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Blade, Blade III
In my case Aurora Borealis was stable because cpu won't go below 1ghz (even if govenor was on demand , tested with cpu z app). JB roms with this setting run without reboots too.

Edited by Korys, 11 August 2013 - 11:03 AM.

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3
no reboots here with *any* governor using aurora.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts

In my case Aurora Borealis was stable because cpu won't go below 1ghz (even if govenor was on demand , tested with cpu z app). JB roms with this setting run without reboots too.

no reboots here with *any* governor using aurora.

Thanks.

Konstat, I also have this issue. I'm from phone now. I will post the sample later.
I installed Aurora Borealis with custom kernell and it reboots just like JB but without blue screen. I set the processor governor to performance and the same, no reboots. I think it's about the midified kernell. Can't JB use stock kernell? That may help.

Could you please clarify this post again? What do you mean with 'installed Aurora Borealis with custom kernel'? It comes with a custom kernel by default. Did you install some other kernel? Who am I supposed to believe?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
To test a hypothesis that it actually is something CPU related, kernel in Aurora Borealis doesn't have 800mhz added to the frequency table. It still wouldn't explain how this only affects some devices though.

This is kernel is for CM10.1 only and it basically has this reverted. Could someone test it and report back?

https://hotfile.com/...kernel.zip.html

Snowscape

Snowscape

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
Konstat, I flashed a kernel from the post above over a half of an hour ago, then I changed governor to smartass2, played with cpu frequencies, sent a sms, made a call, watched a video on YT and... no reboots so far. Before flashing it wouldn't be possible. The phone would freeze right after changing frequency, governor or after a few taps on the screen. I don't want to jump into conclusions, but it seems that you've found the fix!

bamdad

bamdad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3
tested for hours with both high and low cpu and graphics load, overclocked to 1113 mhz, using savagedzen governor. no fcs, blue screens or reboots. awesome! previously switching to savagedzen meant an almost instant blue screen..

could you please compile a kernel for cm10 too? : )

Jaco2k

Jaco2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well...

This kernel solves the stability issues and reboots but... it breaks my external storage. SD card is not available with the fix/test kernel

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
Great, it still doesn't explain how this only affects some devices. My device runs stable with the 800mhz freq just fine.

Well...

This kernel solves the stability issues and reboots but... it breaks my external storage. SD card is not available with the fix/test kernel

Err, no.

razjaren

razjaren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE III
  • Twitter:@razjaren
ing the stability solved ... SD Card, multimedia, google play story does not work

Jaco2k

Jaco2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Err, no.

Well, I just retested it...went back to stock ROM and reboot - SD card was there. Flashed 10.1 (without modded Kernel...) and reboot (yes, I wipe always everything inbetween flashes) and SD card was there. Flashed the modded kernel and reboot and... no more SD card.

It is detected but contents cannot be accessed.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
Oh crap, sorry.

It's the ramdisk, not the kernel. I had some local changes I forgot. I'll make another in a bit.

Jaco2k

Jaco2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Oh crap, sorry.

It's the ramdisk, not the kernel. I had some local changes I forgot. I'll make another in a bit.

Kiitos paljon! :)

Thanks

Jaco2k

Jaco2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Great, it still doesn't explain how this only affects some devices.

My guess about this is that there must be different HW revisions - I got this phone from Elisa shop on Friday and the shop guy had problems to bill it and told me that the barcode number had changed and therefore was not on their system. Now.... a likelyreason I find for them to change the barcode is if they made a HW revision, no?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
Ok, here's another one. I didn't test this either but it should be good afaict.

cm-10.1-cpu-freq-fix-kernel.zip
https://hotfile.com/...kernel.zip.html
md5:70c561e8a1991fb6c7e3d538935b581d

Jaco2k

Jaco2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I can confirm that the SD card is now fixed on the latest version of the kernel. Will you make a new CM release including these kernel changes or it will remain as a separate?

Cheers and thank you a lot for such a quick fix! :)

Jaco2k

Jaco2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
As I got your attention right now, I just noticed something else - when the charter is plugged to USB wall charter touch becomes very laggy and glitch. Specially sweeping left to right and throwing menus is hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users