Does anyone have a G3S that they're selling?

Guest deadonthestairs

Guest deadonthestairs

As title, I'm looking to buy one but don't want the hassle of dealing with Chinese sites or waiting for delivery, so was wondering if anyone was selling up.

Guest Blue_scarabs

I might be selling one as the sound when using the FM radio & headphones is mono, not stereo. For me, this is a big disappointment, for other people, this might not be a deal breaker as they might never use the headphone socket.

Let me know if you're interested - I won't be charging Sterling 164, just enough to get my money back.

Oh, it's silver with a UK charger. No headphones. London based.

Blue

Guest deadonthestairs

I might be selling one as the sound when using the FM radio & headphones is mono, not stereo. For me, this is a big disappointment, for other people, this might not be a deal breaker as they might never use the headphone socket.

Let me know if you're interested - I won't be charging Sterling 164, just enough to get my money back.

Oh, it's silver with a UK charger. No headphones. London based.

Blue

Is that problem limited to using the radio? Would the output be stereo when using Spotify, for example?

Could be interested, how much did you pay for it?

Guest RussellS

Is that problem limited to using the radio? Would the output be stereo when using Spotify, for example?

Could be interested, how much did you pay for it?

I have just done a test by listening to BBC Radio 2 using the FM radio and using the iPlayer radio app and I can confirm that the FM radio is indeed mono but the iPlayer stream is stereo. I have also checked other internet radio streams and they are stereo ad well (Absolute radio for one).

Guest Blue_scarabs

OK, thanks to RussellS for confirming that the FM radio isn't in stereo, & that you can get a stereo output, but via internet streaming.

Deadonthestairs, if you're still interested, & you have an ebay a/c, contact me via ebay. My a/c there is "details removed"
and we can discuss things there rather than on a public forum.
Cheers,
Blue

Edited by Blue_scarabs

Guest FrankieADZ

wasnt the FM radio mono on the G3?

i cant remember, if it wasnt....can someone upload the APK of the G3 version please.

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest RussellS
wasnt the FM radio mono on the G3?

i cant remember, if it wasnt....can someone upload the APK of the G3 version please.

My test was on the G3 (original version). Sorry, I forgot we were talking about the G3S.

Guest FrankieADZ

My test was on the G3 (original version). Sorry, I forgot we were talking about the G3S.

oh thats ok, i couldnt remember if the G3 had stereo radio or not, thought it did,

tried to use spirit FM on it and it doesnt work.

• 9 months later...
Guest Blue_scarabs

Just to update this topic, I've still got the Jiayu G3S & am very pleased with it as I've had no problems with it whatsoever. The FM stereo reception uses the earphone jack lead as an aerial, & mine was quite short. By using a longer lead, I now receive FM stereo via the radio so I'm well chuffed!

Blue