• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

sugotron

sugotron

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:huwaei g300

That is really, really nice of you. I would be totally ok with the bricking risk, I have two blades that are no longer in use - one with a cracked screen.

The reason why I am so keen on this is that I want to hook the blade up to an arduino with some sensors, and leave it in my family's summer house over winter - to keep an eye on the temperature and play music when the mice are dancing. I know there are other connectivity options - actually got the blade to talk to the arduino using a 'host shield' over the weekend (through ADB, not Googles ADK), but it is not a straight-forward solution. Going to try a Bluetooth module as well, but would much prefer to use USB OTG. Currently using a Xperia Z for the project, where OTG works really well, but don't want to leave that in an abandoned house for half the year.

Ordered a Y-cable form eBay, but as the arduino has its own power supply it might work anyway.

Edited by sugotron, 06 October 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Sulthekk

Sulthekk

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Okay, then I will try to do the compile with that kernel config enabled, although I'm not sure if any drivers are needed or not for your use case, but since you already got it working with another device I assume you already know how to sort it out.

Sulthekk

Sulthekk

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Okay, it seems like the current kernel sources fail to compile with OTG enabled, but it seems to be just a few missing prototypes until now, so nothing too hard. I guess it's a remaining piece of mess from the original zte code release, layed hidden in unused ifdefs.

P.S: I have been too optimistic. The first error was indeed a missing a prototype, but now I just can't sort out that 'undefined reference' in a way that doesn't involve ugly things like copy from header and paste into c file. I will try collect some outputs and post it there, because I'm no C jedi, and I ran out of ideas after spending hours googling the issue. I am however, now more interested in it than ever, so I guess I won't be sleeping well unless I sort it out. :(

Edited by Sulthekk, 07 October 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Sulthekk

Sulthekk

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Output and changes

I *think* that although by adding an ld parameter I could get it working in case of the first object, the problem itself is very similar in case of notify.o

It fails because of that 'undefined reference' in the paste, but usbfs_mutex is declared in usb.h of the very same directory, and is included with

#include "usb.h"

In case of msm72k_otg.o, the problem was the very same, as it got the same error with two methods declared in include/linux/usb.h, included with

#include <linux/usb.h>

Although I was able to continue compiling by adding notify.o as an input parameter of ld.

But in case of notify.o, I have no idea what could I do to fix it (apart from the ugly copying of the contents of usb.h instead of including it, which in theory does the same). The preprocessor doesn't give a warning, it only fails at linking.

sugotron

sugotron

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:huwaei g300

My C-skills are unfortunately not on a level where I can be of much use, but thanks for giving it a go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users