ZTE Open sales start, 236 sold already!

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

The ZTE Open Firefox OS smartphone will be available in the ZTE eBay US and UK stores for 79.99 USD and 59.99 GBP respectively. There won’t be any local apps or features because these devices are general, unlocked global variants targeted at developers and early adopters around the globe. As the devices are open market devices, they are not optimized for specific networks.

The ZTE Open features a 3.5-inch, HVGA TFT touchscreen display and has 256MB RAM and 512MB ROM combined with a 3.2MP camera.

A 4GB microSD card is also included.

The ZTE Open offers all of the capabilities of a smartphone including messaging, email, calendar, FM radio, camera with built-in style filters, location-based services from Nokia HERE maps and browsing via the Firefox Web browser.

ZTE US Store: link Sold out already!

ZTE UK Store: link Still available but get in quick!

Are you interested in a Firefox OS Smartphone? Let us know (and tell us why!) in the comments.

[Via: Mozilla]

zteopenorange.png

Click here to view the item

Guest PaulMilbank

I really like these and I particularly like the philosophy of them. Build for the lowest common denominator to run it well and all phones will handle the OS and apps. Would love to get one of the slightly more upmarket ones with a bigger screen, more RAM and features.

Guest professordes

Hmm, no enterprise WiFi on the ZTE Open, deal breaker?

I would have thought students were a potential market for these little beasties. Other than that, it's a pretty pleasant user experience and feels nippy enough.

Guest omegavesko

Hmm, no enterprise WiFi on the ZTE Open, deal breaker?

Enterprise Wi-Fi? Do you mean something like Exchange or encrypted networks a la WPA2?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.