Fixed call recording

Guest Ducsidu

Guest Ducsidu

First of all I have to state that McKangi and colonell found out this solution, I just translated it. You can read the original Hungarian post here.

First you need root. It's important because CallRecorder needs root access to record the call through the phone's kernel.

From the feedbacks it seems to work on rooted stock and OptimusDAY.

How to use: Install CallRecorder (This is just a trial version, the full version is a paid app and available on Google Play)

Open it and go to Settings-> Recording-> Recording method-> Set it to KERNEL

Under that set the audio format to AMR for kernel recording.

You can set the other filter and options to whatever you want.

Both sides are recorded with average quality and all the same volume

!IMPORTANT!

You can't playback the recorded conversation with the program's built-in music player. You can play it with VLC for Android Beta.

Edit: Here's the solution to play the recorded call with the CallRecorded's built-in player:

Go to Setting-> Audio Player and tick Android decoder for AMR.

Please give me feedbacks. You can freely translate it for example to Spanish, so you can share it on HTCMania, but please state McKangi and colonell as sources.

Edited by Ducsidu

Excellent stuff. I had tried to record it this way, but the playback was like a couple of aliens talking so I presumed that it did not work. Thanks so much.

Guest Ducsidu

Which program did you use? That sounds like you used the CallRecorder's built-in player, not VLC as I said.

Edited by Ducsidu

• 6 months later...
Guest deepbluesea

Thanks for this, mate. Taken me bloody ages to get a fully working call recorder app sorted out but finally seem to have done it - thanks to your advice.

• 3 months later...
Guest david-rf

This doesn't work. I tried it on my Huawei Y300 with different CM 11 4.4.3 nightlies, 4.4.4 nightlies, stock kernel, Chill360 kernel and so on. It always gives an error while starting the recording. Any help?

• 9 months later...