Beta 2: MoDaCo.SWITCH S4 i9505 support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest roanitas

Hi all !

@ Paul

Is it possible to have both zip file created by the switch to the flash in manual switch if possible. To be more precise, I delete my Google account rom GPE due to 927 errors on the "Google Playstore."

1 - to reboot the Google account back alone

2 - it does not restart as the TW ROM (it restarts only on Google GPE)

This would venture to not to have to reflash everything to a simple bug.

Thank you in advance and good day!

EDIT: this is exactly the same if you remove the Google account on the TW ROM, the switch returns only on TW.

Fortunately I have a nandroid backup of Modaco-Switch that works well on the switch.

Edited by roanitas

Guest h00pyfr00d

Hi Paul,

A fantastic piece of work and installed flawlessly first go.

Quick question, if you want to use different launcher on each rom, i.e. TouchWiz on TW and Nova on GPe, is there a way to prevent the default launcher selection on each boot? Granted you've given instructions to use the same launcher but I couldn't figure this out. Not a huge drama though.

Guest nEUTRon666

Hi Paul,

A fantastic piece of work and installed flawlessly first go.

Quick question, if you want to use different launcher on each rom, i.e. TouchWiz on TW and Nova on GPe, is there a way to prevent the default launcher selection on each boot? Granted you've given instructions to use the same launcher but I couldn't figure this out. Not a huge drama though.

I would say same procedure... Deactivate/Freeze the Nova launcher on the TW Rom, do the same to TouchWiz on the GPe ROM.

Guest roanitas

I think I found part, which poses a problem for the switch on my phone, Titanium Backup

I just restored the tw rom, I rebooted on gpe and impossible to go on tw.

I start everything from the beginning: MGA => 1.zip 2.zip .....

I install all applications from playstore and since my micro sd. no worries the switch works in both directions.

titanium must amend or prevent the implementation of your file created by the switch.

EDIT: SU exactly is responsible for the corruption of the switch after his update on TW, it is impossible for me to switch.

I thought it came from titanium backup because I had done it in the meantime:-P

Edited by roanitas

Guest FilyPhanatic

Paul, I'm really sorry to bug you, i know you're very busy, but you haven't yet responded to any of my posts or messages. By the way, SWITCH is by far the best modification for android! Thanks for letting me test it out!

Guest roanitas
The first post is updated with a SuperSU 1.55 install zip, which resolves the failure-to-switch issue.

P

Fine now thx !

Just for information on 4.3; the screen miroring working on my Android mini PC (Minix neox5). :-)

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, I'm really sorry to bug you, i know you're very busy, but you haven't yet responded to any of my posts or messages. By the way, SWITCH is by far the best modification for android! Thanks for letting me test it out!

Sorry! How can I help? :)

Hi guys,

is it possible to flash a battery mod for both roms?

As long as you don't mess with framework.jar or services.jar, mods should work!

P

Guest davioxx

Hi guys just received my Galaxy S4 but noticed that it is a i337M with unlocked bootloader will this work with my phone? Ive read 9505 and i337M are quite similar, btw the email that I received with the download links are only for beta 1 where can I get beta 2?

Thanks!

Guest nEUTRon666

I'm a little bit concerned about updates. Switch is a great thing, but i still can't use it really, first and for all because of the sim unlock bug. Is there beeing worked on ?

Guest h00pyfr00d

Hi guys just received my Galaxy S4 but noticed that it is a i337M with unlocked bootloader will this work with my phone? Ive read 9505 and i337M are quite similar, btw the email that I received with the download links are only for beta 1 where can I get beta 2?

Thanks!

Beta 2 is OTA. Once you install Beta 1 it'll boot then prompt you for Beta 2.

I personally wouldn't try it on a non-9505 though.

Guest h00pyfr00d

I'm a little bit concerned about updates. Switch is a great thing, but i still can't use it really, first and for all because of the sim unlock bug. Is there beeing worked on ?

From what I've seen on XDA, all Google Play Edition roms have the sim unlock bug. I don't think it's relating to Paul's work.

Guest h00pyfr00d

For some reason the downloaded rom won't flash in Odin, keeps failing on flashing system partition :/ Tried with Heimdall, same thing.

I had this a bunch of times before realising Mega wasn't downloading the full file. Check the file size of the zips. The 2nd one should be 1.5gb or thereabouts.

Guest roanitas

From what I've seen on XDA, all Google Play Edition roms have the sim unlock bug. I don't think it's relating to Paul's work.

Exactly!

I never use simlock on CustomRom. Since Wm6 is out in custom rom. :)

After Update SU 1.60 .Swich ok :)

Edited by roanitas

I had this a bunch of times before realising Mega wasn't downloading the full file. Check the file size of the zips. The 2nd one should be 1.5gb or thereabouts.

The Switch files downloaded just fine actually, it's the recommended ROM in the first link that you get from Hotfile. Re-downloaded it twice now and even just extracting the tar results in unexpected end of file errors, flashing with Odin it fails to flash system partition :/ So i went with the stock rom that came with my S4 (NL, T-Mobile, I9505XXUBMGA) and worked just fine. I still prefer the Omega custom build if possible tho.