Beta 2: MoDaCo.SWITCH S4 i9505 support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GodoPPL

SuperSU 1.60 is now in the first post. Yes, i'm looking at the SIM unlock bug, but i've not made any progress on that as yet!

P

FWIW; the SIM unlock bug is in the MaKTaiL ROM, and not something that is caused by switch.

I did try to flash the ROM without switch, and had the same problem.

Guest nEUTRon666

I never didn't say it's Paul's fault, but the sim-unlock bug is there an so the GPe Part is unuseable for me. Disabling the sim pin is no option at all, if i loose the phone or something else happens, everyone can do what he want's with my sim card.

Guest joshua.justice

Is there a way that I can keep the stock carrier firmware like the regular one in Switch but use CyanogenMod instead? Unless it'll break my phone I'd be willing to test it.

Guest roanitas
64GB SD is not working.

For all compatibility on stock. Format your sd card 64go on fat32.

Guiformat, format32 are your friends

Edited by roanitas

problem is that in GPe ROM when we add the accounts in email app, after giving password and setting up the initial settings, it goes back again to first setup screen in email, its not saving the provided mail account

Were you able to find a solution to this? I have tried clearing data/cache for Email under GPe, but am still getting the same problem you describe above.

Guest chowdarygm

Were you able to find a solution to this? I have tried clearing data/cache for Email under GPe, but am still getting the same problem you describe above.

Unfortunately not :(

Unfortunately not :(

Hi Paul

Any suggestions for this email problem on GPe? Both myself and chowdarygm are unable to add an email account. Each time we go through the whole process of adding a new account, at the end the email client just goes back to the beginning to add an account again.

If it helps, in my case, I am trying to add an Exchange account. Also, email works fine on Touchwiz.

Thanks.

Guest jintoku

Two questions:

1) When will the S4 switch be available to the general public?

2) I tried both the regular AT&T S4 as well as the Google Edition version. The most important feature for me is WiFi Tethering, in particular that FoxFi works. It didn't on the unmodified AT&T S4, and did on the GE S4. Will it work on the Google Edition part of the Modaco enabled phone?

Thanks in advance.

Guest mschroettle

Hi Paul

Got Switch working and want to briefly share how and what I have done:

My S4 had XXUBMGA on it and right before I started the Switch install, Kies updated my firmware to XXUDMH5 - dont know if this is relevant though, just fyi.

Since I read in this thread about the trouble that people had with TWRP and I "knew" CWM from playing around with my Nexus S, I decided to use CWM (google: "S4 i9505 CWM recovery") as custom recovery. I used Odin to flash the CWM to the S4 (since I´m on a Mac I run Odin in Parallels)

Just to be safe I then backed up all my data with Kies and downloaded Part1 and Part2 of the Switch and then copied Part1 and Part2 to sdcard on the S4 using AirDroid.

Rebooted into recovery and flashed Part1; rebooted again into recovery and flashed Part2.

I had not done a wipe before the install and I did not root the device after flashing Part2 either.

Now I had both ROMs running and Switch was working, but I had no Wifi in Touchwiz and no SDCARD - it said "your SD card is ready to remove...". No data on SDCARD was accessible. Funny though in GPe my Wifi was working fine.

Somewhere in between Switch did an upgrade to Beta2, which I had to flash manually from CWM for it to install.

Then tried to use the Wifi-Fix mentioned in this tread, but had no luck flashing with Odin (kept hanging) or CWM (does not flash .tar, only .zip it seems).

I had found Ktoonz mentioned in this thread and gave this a try - moved it to S4 with AirDroid and after flashing it, now everything looks fine: Wifi is back and external SDcard came back with all data and apps that were moved there still intact. My SDcard is 64 GB btw - I read that this could cause trouble - mine is working fine though.

My S4 works better than ever in TW and I have started to explore GPe. Thank you very much for this work.

Switching from TW to GPe takes almost 2 minutes (two reboots) and from GPe to TW takes only 70 seconds. (??)

This is what I have in TW: Model: GT-I9505, Android 4.2.2, Baseband: XXUDMH5, Build: JDQ39.I9505XXUBMGA

This is what I have in GPe: Model: GT-I9505G, Android 4.3 (?), Baseband: XXUDMH5, Build: JWR66V.S014.130801

When starting TW there are still two errors: clock is stopped and security policy is stopped. both come up as popups.

Other than that all seems to work fine..

I have yet to decide on a launcher that I can use on both ROMs - confirming the standard launcher after every Switch is a little annoying. Just a minor detail though.

Where are you taking this project from here?

Will it be capable of flashing a Custom ROM instead of GPe at some point?

What about updates? will there be a Switch update, whenever Samsung updates the firmware and/or Android version?

I´m just being curious about your plans I guess :-)

For now I am VERY happy with how my S4 is working... thank you very much.

Hi everyone! Sorry for my english... I'm Italian :)

I'm testing modaco switch and I'm very happy with it.

I suggest to view the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2348272 to solve the sim unlocking bug. The creator of the rom in the thread that I post say to have solved this bug in his rom. Contact him maybe can be help to solve the problem in this wonderfull work of Modaco.

Edit: I've just updated supersu at 1.65 version from play store and all is still working fine.

Edited by Bin91

Guest bajo_fet

Hi,

i'm using Switch for the last two days and mostly use the Google Play Edition. In this i receive the message that a system update was downloaded and ready to install. Its size is about 16MB.

Is it safe to install or should i wait for an OTA update in the SwitchUp application?

Thanks.

Hi,

I've noticed that swa100 asked about this already but are any of the rest of you experiencing the same issue as me.

The problem is all apps installed to SD card under TW are inaccessible in GPe - the sd card is shown as mounted and it reads the free and full space correctly

Despite the icons being there all applications installed on SD came up as not installed if.

The second problem is obviously the the fact that under GPe you can't install to SD card either.

Is this a known issue or have I messed something up in the setup.