481 replies to this topic

Sergiu Popescu

Sergiu Popescu

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505

Hi All,

sorry but could please upload the Switch.S4.Bet1.part1 file somewhere else? I really tried during several ocasions to download it and it's not coming... all I get is an error that states I don't have enough room on my computer, although I really have a couple hundred GBytes free on the destination drive and almost 100 GB free on the main (system) drive. I tried using Firefox/Chrome ... same result

Thank you for understanding

Bk619

Bk619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 & GT-I9505G

Patcher does not share data AFAIK. It dual boots 2 (3?) ROMs but each has it's own set of data.

Switch shares data so what you have in TW you also find in GPe.

P.s. You also have to consider Patcher was started using inspiration from using Paul's Switch and came at a much later date.

I believe it does actually.. Not sure about this though.. I'll post a link to it and you guys can check it out

Edit: According to the Dev all internal SD data gets shared, and in one of the earlier posts he said it was easy to implement data share so you didn't have to dl apps twice but he wasn't sure about app settings and such (you can just back those up though..) I haven't read much of the thread, just thought I'd share it.. Lots of people seem to be disappointed because Paul hasn't been updating this and some of them fell ripped off.. I know this probably won't make up for it but at least you'll get what you want.

Edited by Bk619, 23 September 2013 - 10:15 PM.

Bk619

Bk619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Could anyone pm me with a link to this "patcher" project ? Really disappointed here, joined his club with silver membership and thought this is something really amazing, but it seem's Paul discontinued it...

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2447534 there you go.. (That's the link for patcher in case anybody wants to check it out).

Edited by Bk619, 23 September 2013 - 10:20 PM.

Bk619

Bk619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Patcher does not share data AFAIK. It dual boots 2 (3?) ROMs but each has it's own set of data.

Switch shares data so what you have in TW you also find in GPe.

P.s. You also have to consider Patcher was started using inspiration from using Paul's Switch and came at a much later date.

'' [Patcher] came at a much later date.'' That is true, shame on me for not checking the dates before (I actually thought it was the same thread I had seen on XDA a while ago), but you're wrong about what inspired it, Patcher was inspired by another XDA project, and that one was released before Switch.

roanitas

roanitas

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:SGS4 / TF300T
It's not cool to post link patcher on this Topic....

SGS4 Modaco "Switch stock"
Smartwatch Sony :-) /MBW-150 Sony
TF300T 4.2.1 Root
MiNiX Neo x5 4.2.2 root (no screen miroring - hdcp miracast incompatible on S4) :(

Bk619

Bk619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I posted it because people were asking for it.. Everybody has the right to choose.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Good morning all!

Firstly, apologies for the lack of updates - I've been busy working on a number of things, but that includes the next update for Switch! Switch has always been about not just a single release for a device (or a couple of devices), but also about enabling the Switch concept for a wider audience. With that in mind, i've been porting the internal changes for Switch to use the Xposed Framework, a task that is about two thirds done (and has presented some interesting challenges!).

What does this mean? Primarily it means that the ROM(s) used by Switch can be updated completely independently of Switch itself, which means faster updates when new releases come out, but also the ability to use other custom ROMs in Switch. Which i'm sure you'll agree will be awesome. :)

I'm aware that a GPe OTA is now available and i'll be incorporating this into a new Beta shortly, as well as updating the main ROM as required.

Rest assured, more awesomeness is coming! Thanks for your support. :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts

I just read the OP and Paul actually called it a "unique concept".. At least be honest man :/

If there's something else that does the same, please share! :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

swa100

swa100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:I9505
Hey Paul,

Great to hear from you! Do you have any idea when the new beta will be released?

I'm looking forward to it!

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
No, I don't have a firm time right now, but I am doing my best! :)

P

Posted Image

Bk619

Bk619

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

If there's something else that does the same, please share! :)

P

Sure! http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2447534 it's called Patcher and it's available on XDA. Obviously it doesn't do the exact same thing but maybe you can get something out of it, and improve on Switch in a way that actually makes it better and 'needed'. (and about the being honest comment -> your project was actually released before the one I mentioned [my bad lol] but there was an old project that did the same but it was just too dangerous and complicated..) 

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts

Sure! http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2447534 it's called Patcher and it's available on XDA. Obviously it doesn't do the exact same thing but maybe you can get something out of it, and improve on Switch in a way that actually makes it better and 'needed'. (and about the being honest comment -> your project was actually released before the one I mentioned [my bad lol] but there was an old project that did the same but it was just too dangerous and complicated..)

The unique aspect of Switch is obviously the data retention which Patcher doesn't do so...

P

Posted Image

Zachary Derbyshire

Zachary Derbyshire

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4

Hey, my OTA download gets to CWM and then says it failed because the file was unable to mount to my device, any ideas with what to do? Thanks :-)

swa100

swa100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:I9505

Hey Paul,

When can we expect beta 3? Or firmware updates via ota. I'd like to have the latest GPe firmware, haha.

joshua.justice

joshua.justice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

SMS data does not sync between ROMS

joshua.justice

joshua.justice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm in urgent need of help, I installed it on my phone and it worked just fine but when I tried switching back it didn't work. I turned it off and now it won't boot at all, in recovery or anything.

Any help please!

Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S4. Asus transformer

I'm in urgent need of help, I installed it on my phone and it worked just fine but when I tried switching back it didn't work. I turned it off and now it won't boot at all, in recovery or anything.

Any help please!

I had the same problem, i had to flash a rom with Odin before it worked properly again. have you tried this yet?

joshua.justice

joshua.justice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I had the same problem, i had to flash a rom with Odin before it worked properly again. have you tried this yet?

I'm downloading the stock tar but it's taking way too long! hours :(

Edit: I flashed it with Odin and it still boot loops! What the heck!

Edited by joshua.justice, 30 September 2013 - 09:25 PM.

hmsq82

hmsq82

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S4, iPhone5, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@hmsq82

Well i'll be damn......d

Its booting in GPe after i did the following in Philz_touch recovery mode:
1. go to mounts and storage
2. format cahce and format system
3. reboot recovery
4. install zip beta1 (samsung rom)
5. reboot recovery
6. install zip beta2 (gpe rom)
7. Boot phone

You are now in samsung rom and use the switch!

Also if you want to udate (OTA) then you have to reboot in recovery and flash the zipfile found in /ota/download and reboot

Well that did the trick it now booted into GPE after 2 hours of flashing. Thanks

Edit* I should mention I tried TWRP and then gone Phillz recovery however, after saying yes to not alow flashing of rstock ecovery, it has broken me booting into GPE. So now it just keeps booting into TW rom.

Edit2* Just did the same steps above and all working again, GPE has some issues, no lock screen works, quick settings doesn't work, there are a few other issues, but the TW works fine so far.

Looking forward to an updated version of this, it is really is a great idea.

Edited by hmsq82, 01 October 2013 - 09:28 PM.

Elcondor1

Elcondor1

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S4 16Go - I9505

Hello, Thank for SWITCH !

But i have the problem when apply OTA update....

The Updater download and reboot on Philz touch recovry (lasted) and :

(extract to philz-recovry.log) 

Finding update package...
I:Update location: /local/OTA-Updater/download/

modaco.switch-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9505_beta2.zip
E:unknown volume for path [/local/OTA-Updater/download/modaco.switch-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9505_beta2.zip]
E:Can't mount /local/OTA-Updater/download/modaco.switch-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9505_beta2.zip
Installation aborted.
I:setting up /data/media(/0) for /sdcard/clockworkmod/.recovery_version.
I:using /data/media/0 for /sdcard
I:setting up /data/media(/0) for /sdcard.
I:using /data/media/0 for /sdcard

The zip is download on location : /sdcard/OTA-Updater/download/
No wipe factory just wipe cache and davlik
What to do ?

Edited by Elcondor1, 02 October 2013 - 01:35 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users