Beta 2: MoDaCo.SWITCH S4 i9505 support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GenShard

Had the same thing!

Did a factory wipe without the external card and it booted with wifi, but later on the phone did not want to reboot :(

Flashing the stock touchwiz rom (latest). Crossing my fingers....

If this works a will stay far away from twrp.

CWM 6.0.3.2 (611) does work fine but i heard it does NOT work with android 4.3....

FYI. It ain't TWRP.

Guest PaulOBrien

GenShard - you seem to have become chief tester. Keep us posted with how you get on. :)

FYI - I understand all modem flashes on i9505 have to be flashed via Odin and not recovery.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm just uploading the XXUBMGA baseband as a standalone tar (i've extracted and repacked) to try for anyone else that has the baseband problem (flash in Odin as modem).

P

Guest toxicpaulution

I cannot even get it to boot. As I am on AT&T I need to flash a file after installing the rom to bypass the bootloader but I cannot get it to work. What boots first TW or GPe?

Fixed, well for now. For others using AT&T you need to flash a Lokied kernel like KT kernel(link here if I am not allowed to link and post it I do apologize. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2292341)

Edited by toxicpaulution

Guest Tsuharesu

Standalone XXUBMGA baseband for flashing in Odin (as modem of course) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: f34b18f86b201b40dcf2342f4c9eb2ee

Try this if your WiFi won't turn on!

P

I have problems with WiFi too, coming from a Brazillian ROM (don't remember the number...). It works ok on GPe but don't work on TouchWiz too.

How do I flash via Heimdall? Which partition should I use?

Guest PaulOBrien

I cannot even get it to boot. As I am on AT&T I need to flash a file after installing the rom to bypass the bootloader but I cannot get it to work. What boots first TW or GPe?

What is this file you have to flash? TW boots first.

P

Guest toxicpaulution

What is this file you have to flash? TW boots first.

P

It is called LokiDoki. It is used to bypass out bootloader since AT&T will no allow us to have an unlocked bootloader and we haven't found an unlock for it. I am in the process of TW booting, after it boots and settles for a good 5 minutes I will try to SWITCH(see what I did there ;) lol) to the AOSP GPe and see if it works :)

Guest PaulOBrien

It is called LokiDoki. It is used to bypass out bootloader since AT&T will no allow us to have an unlocked bootloader and we haven't found an unlock for it. I am in the process of TW booting, after it boots and settles for a good 5 minutes I will try to SWITCH(see what I did there ;) lol) to the AOSP GPe and see if it works :)

After you Switch, you might have to go into recovery and re-do lokidoki for the GPe ROM since it's a different boot image.

P

Guest ilollo360

To fix Wi Fi problems you need to Re install the original firmware, then a custom kernel, then back the original firmware. I only resolved in this method. That problem is kernel related.

Guest toxicpaulution

After you Switch, you might have to go into recovery and re-do lokidoki for the GPe ROM since it's a different boot image.

P

That is what I was afraid of. Is there a way that I can edit the download zip in each of the roms and just swap out your stock kernel for two lokied kernels? It would make it a ton much easier when swapping lol

Oh and wifi and data works without needing the mga odin flash :)

Edited by toxicpaulution

Guest PaulOBrien

That is what I was afraid of. Is there a way that I can edit the download zip in each of the roms and just swap out your stock kernel for two lokied kernels? It would make it a ton much easier when swapping lol

You can? The files are in /system/SWITCH/stock/boot/boot.img and /system/SWITCH/alt/boot/boot.img (alt being GPe)...

P

Guest toxicpaulution

You can? The files are in /system/SWITCH/stock/boot/boot.img and /system/SWITCH/alt/boot/boot.img (alt being GPe)...

P

My only main issue is not knowing how to edit the image file haha xD I have only just started working in the android development world lol that is why I had asked :P

Guest PaulOBrien

My only main issue is not knowing how to edit the image file haha xD I have only just started working in the android development world lol that is why I had asked :P

OK.

Flash as normal. Run lokidoki from recovery. Boot. Switch. Wait until it stops booting / hangs. Go to recovery. Run lokidoki again. Boot (it should go to GPe) - then you're all set! You only need to do it once!

P

Guest ilollo360

When will you release it to the people that haven't donated? :D I would like to donate but I haven't got PayPal. How can I test it? Is there anything I can do to help? :ninja:

Guest toxicpaulution

OK.

Flash as normal. Run lokidoki from recovery. Boot. Switch. Wait until it stops booting / hangs. Go to recovery. Run lokidoki again. Boot (it should go to GPe) - then you're all set! You only need to do it once!

P

oh okay lol well I switched over and it is now on the gpe logo and keeps vibrating and has been for like 5 mins or so :/

Guest PaulOBrien

When will you release it to the people that haven't donated? :D I would like to donate but I haven't got PayPal. How can I test it? Is there anything I can do to help? :ninja:

In fact, I'm interested to hear from pledgers what they feel would be a fair wait. Certainly until we've got any serious initial bugs ironed out but after that...? Thoughts?

P

Guest chowdarygm

Coming from a custom ROM...followed your instructions word to word and it just booted fresh and WIFI is also working :)

will keep you posted on the progress after setup

Guest PaulOBrien

oh okay lol well I switched over and it is now on the gpe logo and keeps vibrating and has been for like 5 mins or so :/

Did you run lokidoki?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Coming from a custom ROM...followed your instructions word to word and it just booted fresh and WIFI is also working :)

will keep you posted on the progress after setup

Hurrah! :)

P