8 replies to this topic

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Hey all. I'm now a proud owner of the Y300, having sold off my G300. Not a bad little phone, if a bit chunky. :)

Are there any developers working on getting Links2SD using the internal SD card for apps, much like was the case with the G300?

joba69

joba69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Are there any developers working on getting Links2SD using the internal SD card for apps, much like was the case with the G300?

You can switch from settings -> storage menu ...to sdcard ... so there is no need for link2sd

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
How exactly should this be done?
I can not locate the option to activate the internal storage as app storage. I am getting 'internal storage' total space 1.05 GB, Available 1.01 GB.

joba69

joba69

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

How exactly should this be done?
I can not locate the option to activate the internal storage as app storage. I am getting 'internal storage' total space 1.05 GB, Available 1.01 GB.

Touch "internal storage" and choose sd card as target...

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Can't get this to work. I'm on FusionX B3. Even removing the SD card does not allow me to get any menu come up to select the internal 1 GB partition for app storage. No menu is coming up once I am inside the storage submenu in settings, no matter where I press / touch.

Coming from the G300, I was spoilt by using the hacked Links2SD to add an almost infinite amount of apps, balanced over internal storage and the internal SD card, automatically with no manual moving on a per-app basis.

Has anyone managed to get the internal SD storage working to store apps?

moochermick

moochermick

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Devices:Huawei g300, g510
Is this what you used on g300?
http://www.modaco.co...cm10cm101-0312/
If it was you can use that but the link file needs changing from dev/block19 to 18 i think. I did it on g510 awhile back but it was unreliable.

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
That's what I used on the G300, yes. Something similar would be perfect.

moochermick

moochermick

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

That's what I used on the G300, yes. Something similar would be perfect.

I'll see if i can do it again and post back.

moochermick

moochermick

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
try this, you need init.d support and link2sd app. All credit to Cyda (see link in my above post). Make sure a folder named sdext2 is created on internal sd card and in /data, it didn't create them on my phone may be because I'm on custom rom. obviously I'm not responsible should anything go wrong Make a backup first! Attached File  link2internal.zip   160.63KB   11 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users