Official firmwares

Guest Clarkiieh

Guest mej5682

Yeah I noticed he said something about B186 in his thread. I've sent him a message. I've tried 4 different lots now. I think it will only work on the same B186 I had when I bought it. Probably be buying another Y300 this weekend lol. :)

Guest tillaz

Is there any way I can push the files from the zip into an update.app file? I've seen a thread on xda on how to extract from them?

is your phone still recognised in adb ?

what happens if you take out the battery for 30 seconds, put back in and power on holding "volume down button" ?

if your using windows try this:

extract this > http://www.solidfiles.com/d/75e90cc69e/ to your desktop

take out the battery for 30 seconds, put back in and power on holding "volume down button"

plug in your phone to the computer

double click " install-superrecovery-windows.bat"

Guest mej5682

Nope, not recognised in adb and when I connect my phone to my PC, no drives show up. It now says the drivers are installed and ready to use for:

USB Composite Device

Android Adapter Modem

DBAdapter Reserved Interface (COM3)

If I do that with my sd inserted and firmware on it, it just starts unpacking and fails half way through. If I have no firmware on the sd or it's not inserted it goes to a totally Blue screen. No fastboot, the same for 'volume up'.

Edited by mej5682

Guest Clarkiieh

Try this! You might not have the Huawei ADB driver set by default..

Put phone into fastboot.

Connected to the laptop.

Opened device manager.

Click on the android phone.

Chose to update driver.

Chose browse computer for driver software

Then the option to pick from the device drivers on the computer.

Chose "android sooner single ADB INTERFACE"

Hey I've got a firmware that isn't listed in the above link. It's B182, but ...C293B182 instead of ...C00B182 -- If anyone has a clue about what this might mean, if anything, I'd be interested in hearing it. I'm guessing maybe it's just a matter of carrier branding? If anyone finds it useful, I'd be happy to add my unique firmware to the collection, if just for completeness sake. I'd also like to be able to just back it up for my own use. But I don't really know what I'm doing. If anyone can give a quick how-to on extracting and preserving a firmware into a shareable zip file, I'd be happy to do it. Like, what's the difference between backing up a firmware and backing up a ROM? Or are those just two ways of saying the same thing?

Guest mej5682

Thanks for the help fellas, I don't think I can access fastboot though, I just get a Pink screen. I will have a play with ADB though for a bit. After that, I think I'll just accept defeat! I spent the good part of 10 hours yesterday trying to fix it. I'm gonna buy a G510 on the weekend - £80 on Vodafone PAYG or the Galaxy S III Mini is only £140 on PAYG!

Guest joba69

Hey I've got a firmware that isn't listed in the above link. It's B182, but ...C293B182 instead of ...C00B182 -- If anyone has a clue about what this might mean, if anything, I'd be interested in hearing it. I'm guessing maybe it's just a matter of carrier branding? If anyone finds it useful, I'd be happy to add my unique firmware to the collection, if just for completeness sake. I'd also like to be able to just back it up for my own use. But I don't really know what I'm doing. If anyone can give a quick how-to on extracting and preserving a firmware into a shareable zip file, I'd be happy to do it. Like, what's the difference between backing up a firmware and backing up a ROM? Or are those just two ways of saying the same thing?

Hi,... maybe you can ask for the version u need under the following url.. it seems that they provide requested firmwares:

https://www.facebook.com/HuaweiG510

Guest tillaz

Thanks for the help fellas, I don't think I can access fastboot though, I just get a Pink screen. I will have a play with ADB though for a bit. After that, I think I'll just accept defeat! I spent the good part of 10 hours yesterday trying to fix it. I'm gonna buy a G510 on the weekend - £80 on Vodafone PAYG or the Galaxy S III Mini is only £140 on PAYG!

obviously you still have warranty as the phones not even been around for 12 month

so you should just send it back, i bricked a few phones in my time on here and have always been able to get a replacement

if you got it from carphoneware house its very easy, just tell them your phone went off one day for no reason and wont turn on

anymore... tell them you want a replacement.

Guest mej5682

Vodafone have now bumped the price on the S3 mini up to 170. Might of been a mistake. Prob get the G510 for 100 now.

I thought the Warranty is void once you've rooted the handset Tillaz?

Seems there is no UK firmware available to download for the Y300. There's also a B176 and a B182 UK firmware and the only place I found them is on Asanfile, where you have to pay a silly price to register. The UK seems to be the only place where Huawei don't distribute their firmware to the customer. Ridiculous.

Edited by mej5682

Guest mej5682

Hi, is your B182 a UK firmware?

Guest tillaz

Vodafone have now bumped the price on the S3 mini up to 170. Might of been a mistake. Prob get the G510 for 100 now.

I thought the Warranty is void once you've rooted the handset Tillaz?

only if they can prove the rooting was what caused the fault, trust me they wont be able to determine this...

at best you get a brand new phone at worst they flash the offical firmware and fix your phone ;)

trust me, i have don't it a few times my self,

and recommended others do the same who also received new phones (normally takes 3 weeks from sending / handing it in)

Guest Clarkiieh

only if they can prove the rooting was what caused the fault, trust me they wont be able to determine this...

at best you get a brand new phone at worst they flash the offical firmware and fix your phone ;)

trust me, i have don't it a few times my self,

and recommended others do the same who also received new phones (normally takes 3 weeks from sending / handing it in)

There's a geek in my local carphone warehouse who started asking questions haha I had to tell him to shut up haha