• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

mej5682

mej5682

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300-0100 (U8833)
Vodafone have now bumped the price on the S3 mini up to 170. Might of been a mistake. Prob get the G510 for 100 now.

I thought the Warranty is void once you've rooted the handset Tillaz?

Seems there is no UK firmware available to download for the Y300. There's also a B176 and a B182 UK firmware and the only place I found them is on Asanfile, where you have to pay a silly price to register. The UK seems to be the only place where Huawei don't distribute their firmware to the customer. Ridiculous.

Edited by mej5682, 22 August 2013 - 02:49 PM.

mej5682

mej5682

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Hey I've got a firmware that isn't listed in the above link. It's B182, but ...C293B182 instead of ...C00B182 -- If anyone has a clue about what this might mean, if anything, I'd be interested in hearing it. I'm guessing maybe it's just a matter of carrier branding? If anyone finds it useful, I'd be happy to add my unique firmware to the collection, if just for completeness sake. I'd also like to be able to just back it up for my own use. But I don't really know what I'm doing. If anyone can give a quick how-to on extracting and preserving a firmware into a shareable zip file, I'd be happy to do it. Like, what's the difference between backing up a firmware and backing up a ROM? Or are those just two ways of saying the same thing?

Hi, is your B182 a UK firmware?

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

Vodafone have now bumped the price on the S3 mini up to 170. Might of been a mistake. Prob get the G510 for 100 now.
I thought the Warranty is void once you've rooted the handset Tillaz?

only if they can prove the rooting was what caused the fault, trust me they wont be able to determine this...
at best you get a brand new phone at worst they flash the offical firmware and fix your phone ;)

trust me, i have don't it a few times my self,
and recommended others do the same who also received new phones (normally takes 3 weeks from sending / handing it in)

mej5682

mej5682

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Ok fair enough bud. Cheers. :)

Clarkiieh

Clarkiieh

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y300

only if they can prove the rooting was what caused the fault, trust me they wont be able to determine this...
at best you get a brand new phone at worst they flash the offical firmware and fix your phone ;)

trust me, i have don't it a few times my self,
and recommended others do the same who also received new phones (normally takes 3 weeks from sending / handing it in)

There's a geek in my local carphone warehouse who started asking questions haha I had to tell him to shut up haha

mej5682

mej5682

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hey, so I did as you advised. Took my Y300 back to Carphone Warehouse. I told them I was playing a game and it just rebooted to a Blue screen. No worries, sent off for repair. They've had it for just over a week now, so I thought I'd check the progress on the repair tracking site. "Sorry, we cannot repair your handset". They are now sending it back to the store for collection?? Wtf?? Why haven't they sent it back to Huawei?? It says on the site, if they can't fix it, they will send it to the manufacturer and it adds another 28 days wait?? What a waste of time that was. Not happy. :(

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Hey, so I did as you advised. Took my Y300 back to Carphone Warehouse. I told them I was playing a game and it just rebooted to a Blue screen. No worries, sent off for repair. They've had it for just over a week now, so I thought I'd check the progress on the repair tracking site. "Sorry, we cannot repair your handset". They are now sending it back to the store for collection?? Wtf?? Why haven't they sent it back to Huawei?? It says on the site, if they can't fix it, they will send it to the manufacturer and it adds another 28 days wait?? What a waste of time that was. Not happy. Posted Image

if they cant fix it they need to replace it or refund you or they can be reported to trading standards, you need to let them know you know this
http://www.tradingst...DV0054-1011.txt

"What legal protection do I get with warranties and guarantees?
The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 states that if a guarantee provider offers a guarantee on goods sold or supplied to consumers, the provider takes on a contractual obligation to honour the conditions set out in the guarantee. For example, if the guarantee provider refuses to repair goods as set out under the terms of the guarantee, you can take legal action against the provider of the guarantee for breach of contract. This could be claiming back the cost of repairs if you have had them carried out elsewhere."

mej5682

mej5682

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

if they cant fix it they need to replace it or refund you or they can be reported to trading standards, you need to let them know you know this
http://www.tradingst...DV0054-1011.txt

"What legal protection do I get with warranties and guarantees?
The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 states that if a guarantee provider offers a guarantee on goods sold or supplied to consumers, the provider takes on a contractual obligation to honour the conditions set out in the guarantee. For example, if the guarantee provider refuses to repair goods as set out under the terms of the guarantee, you can take legal action against the provider of the guarantee for breach of contract. This could be claiming back the cost of repairs if you have had them carried out elsewhere."

Yeah I just looked through their T's & C's. Thanks. Surely it's not my responsibility to return it to Huawei, when I purchased the phone from CW.

mej5682

mej5682

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Went to CW earlier. They gave me an Galaxy Ace 2 as the Y300 was out of stock. Can't complain, it's twice the price.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Went to CW earlier. They gave me an Galaxy Ace 2 as the Y300 was out of stock. Can't complain, it's twice the price.

cool ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users