Photo

Xiaocai X9 - Updated. Root info. Benchmarks etc.

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

MickJack

MickJack

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 & Moto G 16gig
Thanks for the quick reply's, guess I will have to try ASOP, getting to like miui - but a couple of little things - I miss the app drawer etc......

Hurders

Hurders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

because all that stuff is removed as i never seen any use for it, what exactly are people using the engineering mode for ?

I used engineering mode to slightly increase the speaker volume for calls/notifications.

MickJack

MickJack

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
A quick update, managed to install tillaz's ASOP rom, much holding of volume & power buttons but took in the end, I am still a nunpty with this stuff. Anyways all apn info easy to enter and an environment I am used to, just need to change that geometric wallpaper and add a few apps.

Having problems with storage, will have to come to terms with link2sd I think. (Edit - seem to have completed that)

other blip atm, I have been using poweramp for music, not often, but if volume buttons are touched when phone is off poweramp loads and plays !!!!!!!! is there a quick simple fix other than uninstall poweramp.

Edited by MickJack, 30 November 2013 - 04:48 PM.

MickJack

MickJack

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

I just remapped the middle button in between the volume keys to camera shutter.

If you want you could include those files in your rom (probably better than a useless button ;))

You could also Change Key 164 in both of the files with a different action

cwm zip:
https://mega.co.nz/#...91QhVLp4dwEsRz0

manual:
https://mega.co.nz/#...aYawj06oFYCa8Ak

the files are located in /system/usr/keylayout permission as always 644 and owner root:root

Long press opens the camera, press in camera app takes a picture

I have noticed that this button still works when the screen is off I keep turning music on in my pocket by accident! Must have a look when I have the time.

This is the problem I am having atm, on ASOP rom, noticed when middle button is pressed I get a headphone icon in the notifications and poweramp or google music open and play in my pocket etc.

Would love to map the center button to do nothing, would this be a sensible thing to do and how do I edit the files? I recon I am up to swapping peter's files using a file manager (even possible?). Have been looking at 'headphone toggle apps' but they don't look quite right.

Picking up a Moto G on Tuesday so this may become unimportant next week, you all know how that works ;).

Edited by MickJack, 01 December 2013 - 08:05 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

This is the problem I am having atm, on ASOP rom, noticed when middle button is pressed I get a headphone icon in the notifications and poweramp or google music open and play in my pocket etc.

Would love to map the center button to do nothing, would this be a sensible thing to do and how do I edit the files? I recon I am up to swapping peter's files using a file manager (even possible?). Have been looking at 'headphone toggle apps' but they don't look quite right.

Picking up a Moto G on Tuesday so this may become unimportant next week, you all know how that works ;).

the middle button is supposed to do that, that's why its there.

i think i seen someone mention on xda that they re-mapped it to open that camera or something, not sure how though.

MickJack

MickJack

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Cheers tillaz,  I know it's supposed to do that, just keep bumping the centre button when its off, don't want the camera coming on and snapping away in my pocket either ;-)  i am thinking the case when bangood get it here will help or I may have to get some headphones.(camera thing is in peters post above somewhere)

Found a profile app (smart volume) that has allowed me to turn the media volume down and leave the ringer etc, if the music player switches on then I now don't notice it.  getting to quite like the phone but picked up a moto G from tesco yesterday, have to weigh up the pros & cons but notification led, compass & star mapps, bit smaller and I think a bit of modaco imput may swing it, like the 8gig rear and 5 front camera on the X9, just used the front camera to help feed an awkard screw onto a bathroom cabinet - like using a mirror but able to zoom in, brill.  

peterhugelberg

peterhugelberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:"XiaoCai X9" "Pipo M9"

If you use the flashable zip to remap it to camera nothing will happen while it is in your pocket, the camera action only works if the screen is turned on.

But you could manually edit the .kl files and just delete whatever is after key 164 (i think)

if im not mistaken you need to change ACCDET.kl and mtk-kpd.kl

MickJack

MickJack

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
Thanks Peter, will edit this post if I give it a go, started to move across to new phone this evening, is it me or do these things eat time :-)

thechosen

thechosen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi Guys,

im new to the x9. I want to know if there are any sources released of the X9 so i can build my own cyanogen or even a asop.

Thanks!

peterhugelberg

peterhugelberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

someone (in another forum) mentioned one time that the cink peax 2 would be identical to the x9 but i couldnt find any information that proves it (also the hardware seems almost identical)

If you want to take a look at it here are the kernel sources for the cink peax 2: http://geek.wikoplus...50293adfecb7b18

thechosen

thechosen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

It seems to be almost identical to the x9!

But: The Kernel is 4.1.2... This will not work on CM10.1 right?

peterhugelberg

peterhugelberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Im not sure, i never looked into porting CM just because there isnt a single mtk Device with a CM Rom (official or unofficial) also you would need to implement the whole dual sim functionality

Numad

Numad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Xiaocai X9

Hello there,

i got my device today, i did all the root and stuff, installed MIUI rom, but the i got several problems...

the phone started on chinese, got lots of weird messages and script problem and i wasnt able to use the phone...

from there i reach to the factory mode, from some reason its in chinese also! but from somehow i succeeded to put the phone on english.

can some1 help me put the factory mode in english? i want to put Google Play and Hebrew language to the system, the phone can be in english or chinese (keyboard is fine...)

and also it seems that after i install the MIUI rom the phone went unrooted :/

Thanks in advance! 

daisyhayseed

daisyhayseed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Xiaocai X9, Vido Mini One

Thanks to Frankish et al for setting up this thread and providing so much helpful information.

I received my X9 yesterday and using the information provided I succesfully rooted and installed CWM.

I ordered the X9 as a "stop gap" option, as I recently broke my Zopo C2. Considering the price for the phone (Sub £90 after delivery) I am very impressed with the build quality and the standard of the OS it came installed with (Android 4.2.1). Fair enough, the X9 is entirely plastic, but it doesn't feel cheap. While I am missing the screen size of the C2 I am really impressed with how light and slim the phone is. I'm impressed with the sound produced by the back speaker and it has a lovely IPS screen too.

I have one question for everyone. Is there any real benefit in switching from the stock firmware to another ROM (MIUI, ASOP, other) at present?

Cheers

CambodianGuide

CambodianGuide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Pantech Sky A830L

Hello all fri! 

I'm newbie, I had used couple of Android phone before, I'm considered a mid-average Android users, so I'm not hesitant to buy any China Android Phone. Now I'm looking for a good phone with price under 200$ (or higher alittle bit is ok) with have all function as this XiaoCai X9.

I just done some research and know Xiaocai just released their new phone: a X9 Pro with MTK6589T, 4.5 inch screen with HD screen, 32Gb Rom, 2Gb Ram...? Could you confirm if these information is true? Cause I didnt have much time to do research...

Could you please help me answer some question? Is Xiaocai X9 have all  these functions?

- Good screen quality (I love photography, I dont need it like iphone or LG, Pantech's screen... but I need it is good enough)

- MTK6589 is ok, no doubt.

- Battery is ok?

- The most important is: does its camera good enough to take clear, nice photos? AND HOW ABOUT MUSIC QUALITY VIA HEADPHONE? I'm really a fan of music (any types) so I would fall in love with a phone support high quality output via good headphone.

I prefer a light phone so phone with screen over 4.7inch is not ok for me. Thank you very much, I'm looking forward to see your help!

Sorry for my bad English :( :)

Nhede

Nhede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:xiaocai x9

I made a new Rom images based on X9-W100Port-Frankish-V1.1

Improvements:
Removed everything Thl,

• Removed Thl bootlogo
  • Recoded to have AOSP Lockscreen (was hardcoded all over the place)
  • Default Jellybean lockscreen background like this
  • Removed settings for thl lockscreen

Changed to modem.img version V6.P8
All gps fixes done (gps.conf & build.prop)
Rooted the boot.img

And found a way to store volume configuration in the rom!
Clear and loud on default.

I didn't find a way in the sources to change the lockscreen wallpaper dynamically. But for themers, its easy to find in framework-res
Otherwise use holo-lockscreen or something like that.

X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip

Thanks to Frankish for the previous rom, and to RiseAgainst (from www.android-hilfe.de) for collecting all the info.

mirrors:

share-online.biz: Share-Online - dl/7TS1ZRXMZA
megashares.com: http://d01.megashare...php?d01=LZh4Zjg
bitshare.com: Download X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip - BitShare.com - Free File Hosting and Cloud Storage
uploaded.net: X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip (291,48 MB) - uploaded.net
depositfiles.eu: DepositFiles
uptobox.com: Download W100Port Nhede zip
bayfiles.net: BayFiles
turbobit.net: http://turbobit.net/0gqbr4cblpgu.html
rapidgator.net: Download file X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip
uploadhero.co: X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip - UploadHero
filerio.in: http://filerio.in/hq43m1wxeqgi
uppit.com http://uppit.com/ilkkgu9m0un6

zurpher

zurpher

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:HTC DESIRE S

@Nhede

Do you think it would be possible to modify the ROM so that one can select that all calls and/or texts are made from only one of the two sim card slots?

Nhede

Nhede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:xiaocai x9

@zurpher

When you have inserted two sim cards, it ask if you want the dual button interface, or you want a leading sim card (single button interface).

I didn't investigate it any further but it sounds like the single button interface selection, is what you want.

As far as I know, it is not possibe to assign one card to texting, and the other to calls.

Offcource you can modify the rom, but understanding and changing the decompiled smali code is not a simple thing to do, and will take a lot of time.

Degurney

Degurney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Twitter:@degurney
Nice one :) thanks for this.... going to give this a try now :)

Improvements:
Removed everything Thl,

• Removed Thl bootlogo
Rooted the boot.img

I didn't find a way in the sources to change the lockscreen wallpaper dynamically. But for themers, its easy to find in framework-res

Thanks to Frankish for the previous rom, and to RiseAgainst (from www.android-hilfe.de) for collecting all the info.

mirrors:
share-online.biz: [/size]

Share-Online - dl/7TS1ZRXMZA
megashares.com: [/size]http://d01.megashare...php?d01=LZh4Zjg
bitshare.com: [/size]Download X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip - BitShare.com - Free File Hosting and Cloud Storage
uploaded.net: [/size]X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip (291,48 MB) - uploaded.net
depositfiles.eu: [/size]DepositFiles
uptobox.com: [/size]Download W100Port Nhede zip
bayfiles.net: [/size]BayFiles
turbobit.net: [/size]http://turbobit.net/0gqbr4cblpgu.html
rapidgator.net: [/size]Download file X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip
uploadhero.co: [/size]X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip - UploadHero
filerio.in: [/size]http://filerio.in/hq43m1wxeqgi
uppit.com [/size]http://uppit.com/ilkkgu9m0un6

Degurney

Degurney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Twitter:@degurney
Hi Nhede.. tried your rom.... had to revert... after a reboot I couldn`t get my network to work again.... I had a ? over my network signal and couldn`t fix that! any ideas??

Darren

Improvements:
Removed everything Thl,

• Removed Thl bootlogo
Rooted the boot.img

mirrors:
share-online.biz: [/size]

Share-Online - dl/7TS1ZRXMZA
megashares.com: [/size]http://d01.megashare...php?d01=LZh4Zjg
bitshare.com: [/size]Download X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip - BitShare.com - Free File Hosting and Cloud Storage
uploaded.net: [/size]X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip (291,48 MB) - uploaded.net
depositfiles.eu: [/size]DepositFiles
uptobox.com: [/size]Download W100Port Nhede zip
bayfiles.net: [/size]BayFiles
turbobit.net: [/size]http://turbobit.net/0gqbr4cblpgu.html
rapidgator.net: [/size]Download file X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip
uploadhero.co: [/size]X9-W100Port-Nhede-V1.0.zip - UploadHero
filerio.in: [/size]http://filerio.in/hq43m1wxeqgi
uppit.com [/size]http://uppit.com/ilkkgu9m0un6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users